Days of Future Past Relationships and interactions that you liked

nycgirl

Civilian
Reaction score
From the beginning, the franchise has altered or outright ignored many of the character relationships that were in the comic books. It also created new ones that never existed. This has been a endless source of frustration for many, but let's talk about the ones you actually liked (whether or not they were true to the books). I'll start.

Rogue and Wolverine- their dynamic and the way they met is drastically different from the books, but I think the writers stayed true to the spirit of the books by showing Wolverine in a mentor role with a vulnerable young girl. They had a lot of heartfelt moments and the relationship wasn't creepy (in lesser hands, it might have been). I like that Rogue's innocent crush on Wolverine didn't prevent her from forming a reasonably healthy relationship with an age-appropriate boy.

Rogue and Iceman- I didn't like this at first. As a fan of the 90s cartoon, I was greatly disappointed to learn that Gambit and Rogue's relationship would not be on the big screen. Rogue and Iceman grew on me, though, and I even began to find their puppy-love shtick endearing (until X3, but let's just forget about that). I wish I could have seen more of them in DOFP but it was sweet
seeing them holding hands at the end, with Rogue positively beaming.
On a side note, Bobby's jealous posturing when introduced to Logan in X2 made me chuckle. The icy handshake was a nice touch.

I'll rank mine:
1. Magneto & Professor X - X1,2 & 4
2. Senator Kelly & mutants - X1 (Mystique, Magneto, Storm)
3. Magneto & Pyro - X2
4. Rogue & Wolverine - X1
5. Storm & Nightcrawler - X2
6. General Stryker & X-Men - X2 (Professor X, Wolverine)
7. Wolverine, Cyclops & Jean - X1 & 2
8. Iceman's Family & X-Men - X2
9. Nightcrawler & Mystique - X2
10. Wolverine & the men at the bar - X1

Last edited:
I'm gonna say I loved Jean & Charles interactions...from the X1 inside the car till [BLACKOUT]DoFP when she was watching him in his office.[/BLACKOUT]

In X-Men, I liked the surrogate father/daughter thing between Logan and Rogue and the interactions between Logan and Jean. There were a lot of relationships that I enjoyed in X2: Bobby, Rogue and Pyro, Cyclops and Jean and Magneto and Mystique. I also liked the interactions between Storm and Nightcrawler. Out of the few things that didn't suck in The Last Stand and Wolverine Origins were the relationships between Angel and Warren Worthington II and Logan and Victor, respectively. The Charles/Erik bromance in First Class is one of the highlights of the franchise. In The Wolverine, Logan's relationships with Mariko and Yukio were very nice. The best thing about Days of Future Past was Quicksilver's interactions with...pretty much everyone. :oldrazz: :o

Last edited:
Not in order:
-Wolverine & Rogue - X1/X2/X3, I would have added X4, if only Rogue's role was not reduced to a cameo
-Cyclops & Jean Grey & Wolverine - X1/X2/X3/X4
-Mariko & Wolverine - W2
-Yukio & Wolverine - W2
-Professor X & Magneto - X1/X2/X3/FC/X4
-Storm & Nightcrawler - X2
-Iceman & Rogue - X1/X2/X3

Magneto and Mystique in both First Class and Days of Future Past.

Iceman/Cyclops

I don't remember any interaction between them.

Personally, I liked relationships between Blink and Warpath. It was a chemistry between them :yay:

Nightcrawler and Storm- I love how Nightcrawler was overtly flirting with Storm in the jet. I was hoping to see more of that in X3. Sigh.

Iceman and Pyro- I wish this relationship actually existed in the comics.

Young Xavier and Magneto- it goes without saying that these two have great chemistry. I liked that Erik shared a deeply personal family memory with Charles and Charles taught him how to better control his powers (for better or for worse). Oh, the fan fiction that came out of this pairing.

Older Xavier and Magneto- where it all started. Their very first scene together was dripping with tension and gravitas, making the audience want to know more about their history. If it weren't for the stellar performances of these two, FC and DOFP might not have been made.

Nightcrawler & Storm
Iceman & Rogue
Storm & Beast
Wolverine & Mystique
Mystique & Beast
Mystique & Magneto (Not X3 of course)
Warpath & Blink
Bishop & Shadowcat
Storm & Professor X
Wolverine & Colossus

Last edited:
Just curious, does no one care for the Xavier/Mystique relationship?

^^I know I don't.

Professor Xavier & Magneto
Professor Xavier & Cyclops
Cyclops & Jean
Storm & Nightcrawler
Wolverine & Beast
Quicksilver & Magneto/Professor Xavier/Wolverine
Magneto & Wolverine

From the overall franchise, in no order

Wolverine/Rogue
Charles Xavier/Erik Lensherr
Wolverine/Yukio