Resurrection AKA The Passion of the Christ 2 (Jim Caviezel/Mel Gibson)

The third film will be The Chronicles of Christ: The Second Coming and will be about the apocalypse. The final battle between Christ and the Devil.

Step aside star wars, hold it's beer Marvel. The true epic of our times in upon us.

Revelation could make a pretty awesome action film or an anime adaption.
I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Caviezel was 35 when he filmed Passion - close enough to Jesus’s purported age at the Crucifixion. But Caviezel is now 50. How will they address this? I guess there could be a bit of exposition on how death and resurrection takes a lot out of a person… :thf:

Wait, Cavaziel is 50?! I didn't know that much time passed with Passion and Person of Interest. Wow!

Caviezel is in this because he can't get anything else, other than some direct-to-Redbox crap.

Did you forget he also had a very successful television series in Person of Interest? He hasn't done bad at all.

Revelation could make a pretty awesome action film or an anime adaption.
I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Worst acid trip evah.

Did you forget he also had a very successful television series in Person of Interest? He hasn't done bad at all.

Yes. It's not like people all forgot about him either. There were tons of people following that Person of Interest thread on the Hype when it was on. And lots of people thought he was cool and Batman like.

Yeah, Caviezel's not a bad actor. He just tends to play sort of dour, quiet, grouchy types, probably gets stereotyped as being pretty one-note.

giphy.gif

But yeah, why not, I'll see it. For all of Gibson's bull****, he's a hell of a director.

Yeah, Caviezel's not a bad actor. He just tends to play sort of dour, quiet, grouchy types, probably gets stereotyped as being pretty one-note.

I haven't seen all his work, but for several of them there was a reason he was like that:

1. The Count of Monte Cristo: He had been falsely imprisoned for the rest of his natural life on a remote island for a crime he didn't commit, and had his wife, child and fortune taken from him by his friend.

2. Frequency: He was trying to save his dad and solve a decades old murder with a serial killer on the loose.

3. The Passion of the Christ: He had been whipped, beaten and scorned and led off to die in the most excruciatingly painful way possible.

4. Person of Interest: He was this Batman-like mysterious figure.

5. Escape Plan: He was a sadistic warden.

I don't know about his other films like the Thin Red Line or other stuff he's been in and how he played those parts or if the character called for something different.

But at least for those roles above, his character wasn't too happy.

Definitely see The Thin Red Line, probably my favorite Malick movie. Visuals are insane in that thing. But yeah, Jim's basically doing his usual Jim thing to an even greater extent there, virtually silent the whole thing.

You're right on the roles though. I can't remember much about Cristo, saw it once years ago, but from memory even that was pretty "light" by Caviezel standards. But generally he just plays those types of grim & surly roles, High Crimes is another one.

Seems sort of a "chicken or egg" thing at play, it's the same with comedians a lot of the time. They do what they do well, so they're the types of roles they're wanted for, where they do what they do well again, that's what they're wanted for the next time again, cycle repeats.

He was also up for the role of Cyclops in the first X-Men, but scheduling conflicts with Frequency prevented him from ultimately taking the role.

He would've been a completely different type to James Marsden. If he was anything like his Person of Interest character, he might've been a bit too tough for Scott Summers. Seems like it would've been a very different situation if he had clashed with Wolverine.

The Count of Monte Cristo had a very young Henry Cavill as his son too.

He was also the lead of the underrated Outlander ( Viking scifi ).

He was also up for the role of Cyclops in the first X-Men, but scheduling conflicts with Frequency prevented him from ultimately taking the role.

He would've been a completely different type to James Marsden. If he was anything like his Person of Interest character, he might've been a bit too tough for Scott Summers. Seems like it would've been a very different situation if he had clashed with Wolverine.

The Cyclops role in X-men was just poorly written, but Jim would have elevated it and made it a stronger character just due to his presence and acting ability. Maybe Cyke wouldn't have had such a stupid death in X3 if that happened.

Not to be mean to Marsden, but he's really just a pretty face, and doesn't have the acting skills to really make an underwritten role work for him.

Ehh, Marsden was fine. A little short maybe, but he did what he could with the role. It's not like with the same script Caviezel would have suddenly been an awesome Cyke, it was the way it was written rather than the guy in the role. Maybe could have taken Caviezel a little more seriously as an authority figure/team leader, but it wasn't written much that way anyway, not sure what else he could have done with it.

Awesome as the first X-Men is, it's pretty clearly the Logan Show.

I feel like he would've been able to, for lack of a better term, hold his own with Jackman moreso.

Tye Sheridan is here now. :o

Caviezel I think would not have come off as so weak compared to Jackman. I don't think it was a problem so much in X1 as it was in the sequels. Discounting the fact he died in X3, Cyclops was just an utter wuss in X2 and X3 and was just weak. I think we may have gotten a stronger Cyclops in the sequels, so maybe the garbage of X3 never happened in the first place.

On the one hand I'm not surprised that Caviezel is on board in that the first one was a massive success and Caviezel spoke at churches afterword about his experiences playing Jesus so obviously there's a personal faith connection there on some level.

On the other hand I am surprised he's back for it because he was treated brutally making the first movie (look up what he went through when he was on the cross, or how he was actually whipped once during the flogging scene by accident)

I guess in this one though there's no scenes where Jesus would be in any danger or anything

Honestly though, he doesn't really seem the type of guy who'd give a ****. Gibson's that type of guy who takes things to an extreme, that's probably half the reason Caviezel signed on in the first place. Mel, Terrence Malick, you sort of know you're getting into some weird territory with those guys.

And in terms of any more backlash to the film itself, he's not the Hollywood show-pony type who needs to be liked, hell, religious/conservative type that he is the guy's probably already more or less a social pariah in most of these circles.

*Shrugs* Might as well go for it. Doubtful there'd be anything quite as insane as the crucifiction stuff here anyway, from what little I know of the scripture. Seems that's the...high point of the disturbing violence stuff.

On the one hand I'm not surprised that Caviezel is on board in that the first one was a massive success and Caviezel spoke at churches afterword about his experiences playing Jesus so obviously there's a personal faith connection there on some level.

On the other hand I am surprised he's back for it because he was treated brutally making the first movie (look up what he went through when he was on the cross, or how he was actually whipped once during the flogging scene by accident)

I guess in this one though there's no scenes where Jesus would be in any danger or anything

I think (and hope) this sequel would be very different to the first one. It shouldn't feel like a rehash in any way.

But if they decided they wanted to make this into a trilogy, then they ought to really film parts 2 and 3 back to back before Caviezel gets too old. There are only really 2 things I could see they could do for a part 3, depending on where they go with this film.

From what I remember he came out of his tomb on Easter Sunday and later ascended to heaven. But I googled it and this is the answer I found.

You learn something new everyday. :up:

The Count of Monte Cristo had a very young Henry Cavill as his son too.

I never knew that. He would have been great as Scott, and a much stronger opposite to Jackman's Logan. He really deserves to get a superhero role at some point. I was really hoping he'd get cast as Deathstroke in the DCEU, but now that ship has sailed.

If you're doing Caviezel in a DC thing, just go all-out. Some elseworlds one-off story not linked to the DCEU, as either Supes or Bats. He'd work as either.

I wouldn't mind seeing Caviezel play an older Oliver Queen. Think Dark Knight Returns Oliver Queen. A man that's still got the fighting spirit but bears a lot of scars and is a bit of a grouch.

Maybe, yeah. Probably want to wait another 10-15 years for something like that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"