• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Review the Blade TV Pilot (Post critic reviews too!)

Blade_fan1911 said:
I hope Cane fans still don't have a bad taste in their mouth from Ohio State...:up: Buckeye since birth.

Hah! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Must take place after Trinity, they mentioned the inhalers.

It's off to kind of a rough start but I dig it. I think it'll only get better and Sticky will grow on me...His voice is just so...high pitched for Blade. His words were Blade. His manneurisms were Blade. Just not his voice.

This just might pull a Buffy though. I didn't like that show too much at the start either but the action in this will hold me on long enough.

Just got done watchin the premier episode of the new blade the series on Spike TV trying to decide if I liked it.

Felt alot like I was watching an Underworld Movie, not really a Blade Movie. The whole time I was just waiting for the lycans to show up and Selene (Kate Beckinsale from the Underworld Movies) start kicken some ass (especially since the badguys name is Marcus, whats with bad Vampires being named Marcus?) but the blade character just kinda felt out of place almost. The story line of the new main character chick was good but it felt like I was watching her story and then the producers just kinda tryed to shove blade into her story whenever they could and it didn't seem to mix very well.

The main character chick was definitly hot, vampire chicks are usually pretty hot (Selene from underworld . . . . drool), the chick from the show just made it even better thou. At first they had her kinda dressed down not really showin that she had it goin on then when she started getting pulled into the vampire world and especially after she turned they showed her real appeal and wow . . . But she still needs to kick some ass since she was just learning her new powers she didn't really get into to much this first episode, other than blade randomly tryin to save her all the time. But her story line is what kept the show alive not really the blade character.

At some points (especially the beggining) it felt as cheesey as just any other Scifi B level movie but then at certain points especially as the story line started to develop it turned around and felt more like a real movie. I'll just have to tune in next week I guess and see how it goes before I can give it a definite good or bad review but its definitly got me interested.

BTW: I literally laughed when Randy Quaid showed up, wow, him supposed to be playing a serious role in a Vampire movie, uh . . . . no, lol. But he's still awsome anyway so yay for him actually getting some screen action.

It wasn't that bad. The Sticky Fingaz guy isn't a great martial arts fighter like Snipes is, but maybe he will improve over time. Jill Wagner is the bomb, but her acting could use some work. I kept expecting that she would eventually get killed off after she was turned into a vampire, but it looks like she will probably be around for the duration of the show. Looks like Spike's girlfriend (forget her name) from Buffy The Vampire Slayer plays the blonde chick Vampire so maybe she will do good with her character on this show also.

SPIDER-MAN-ROX said:
It wasn't that bad. The Sticky Fingaz guy isn't a great martial arts fighter like Snipes is, but maybe he will improve over time. Jill Wagner is the bomb, but her acting could use some work. I kept expecting that she would eventually get killed off after she was turned into a vampire, but it looks like she will probably be around for the duration of the show. Looks like Spike's girlfriend (forget her name) from Buffy The Vampire Slayer plays the blonde chick Vampire so maybe she will do good with her character on this show also.
Nope that's not her. its another chick. its not the girl from buffy.

It was alright. The action was decent, liked the overhead shots. The show has potential...and the pilot had a DTV or theatrical vibe to it. The camrea angles. Sticky Fingaz has the action bit down as Blade...his..well acting is so-so. Snipes is a better blade than him.

Can't wait for next week.

Not bad, Not as good as the movies but it has potential. I'll keep watching it and see how it goes.:up:

Pretty damn good. It takes time to get used to not seeing Snipes but for a TV show it's pretty good. The story is solid and the villain is way better than I expected. Actually a step above Blade Trinity. Why wasn't the villain in this film (or the actor) used in Trinity instead of Purcell. Jeez this guy is stealing the show.

I liked it.

One thing you guys have to remember--this is a PILOT. They, in theory, are always worse than the actual show. We should really keep that in mind when complain about how "Blade's actions aren't that great" or "he doesn't have the voice down." Wait until a few ACTUAL episodes to see if it's going to be bad.

I thought the first half was pretty boring, up until Krista was transformed. After that, things really started to pick up. I liked that they left room for future stories to develop and flesh out the villians, something Blade could deffinately use. The fighting needed some work to, maybe they want to go with a street brawler Blade, but I'd rather see him being more fluid. As for Sticky's voice, it's a big change from Snipe's, but I think I'll get used to it.

EDIT: Also, now that they've mentioned Werewolves, I wonder if they'll be brought in to the show.

Wolfwood said:
EDIT: Also, now that they've mentioned Werewolves, I wonder if they'll be brought in to the show.
That would be pretty crazy. :up:

It was pretty good, and as has been said a million times, Jill is worth the time alone. :)

liked how randy quaid told the story of blade to the chick...and again..bring back nomak!

J Alba's Lover said:
I guess ui'm one of the few who enjoyed Blade :Trinity then.

I actually thought it was good. Not the best but I liked it.

For the show. I only saw the first half. It was ok so far. Nothing spectacular. Couldnt get over the voice though lol. Ill watch next week.

so far I give it a 3 out of 5.

I really don't know what to make of the show..i give it 7/10. I still have a few gripes, which may improve as the season goes on:

1) Was it me, or did Blade seem like the 'co-star' in his own show? The name of the show should've have been 'Krista'. I mean come on this is the very same reason why Trinity failed, the main star being sidelined for some TnA eye candy (Like Abigail). It looks as though Dip$h!t Goyer hasn't learnt from his mistakes :down

2) Blade too easily getting his a$$ kicked by low level vampire thugs. This is not the Blade of the movies. He seemed to barely beat every vampire using weaponery at the last minute, and appeared to be struggling with the hand to hand. I know this is not Wesley Snipes but Sticky is playing the same character, and unless the death of Whistler caused Blade to 'loose his edge', then i say that Stickys Blade should be just as proficient at hand to hand as Snipes Blade.

All in all i think the show has potential, pilots aren't alway the greatest but it good to see the world of Blade again, and the ashing effects looked pretty good for a tv show!

One question: Is Krista gonna be a daywalker because of the serum, or is she bound by darkness like a regular vamp?

iceberg325 said:
I actually thought it was good. Not the best but I liked it.

For the show. I only saw the first half. It was ok so far. Nothing spectacular. Couldnt get over the voice though lol. Ill watch next week.

so far I give it a 3 out of 5.

I liked it too. Being that I haven't read the comics so I'm not sure if it was a good adaption or not.

Oh the show I only saw the last hour. I thoght what I saw was pretty good except the city of Detroit. There are way more black people in Detroit unless they were in the wealthy suburbs of the city... I'll watch next weeks epp.

SapphirePrima said:
I liked it too. Being that I haven't read the comics so I'm not sure if it was a good adaption or not.

Oh the show I only saw the last hour. I thoght what I saw was pretty good except the city of Detroit. There are way more black people in Detroit unless they were in the wealthy suburbs of the city... I'll watch next weeks epp.

I only saw the first half lol. What happened in the second half???

Wolfwood said:
I thought the first half was pretty boring, up until Krista was transformed. After that, things really started to pick up. I liked that they left room for future stories to develop and flesh out the villians, something Blade could deffinately use. The fighting needed some work to, maybe they want to go with a street brawler Blade, but I'd rather see him being more fluid. As for Sticky's voice, it's a big change from Snipe's, but I think I'll get used to it.

Not only werewolves but Marc Spector aka Moon Knight was mentioned.

YJ1 said:
The story concept is good but we got a pilot that should've been titled "Krista's Story" featuring a guest appearance by Blade.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed but I'll keep watching hoping for better.

At least JAL got it right...

Seeing Jill Wagner makes anything worth while .

:up:

I don't care how hot the female lead is (and she is fricken' D@MN hott). Blade should have taken up 75% of the camera time. If he doesn't have the charisma to hold the audience then Sticky shouldn't have been cast as Blade. Heck, they have a black guy coming up in a future episode that would have made a much better Blade IMHO.

Oh well, I'm along for the ride.

I give the show a thumbs up, but I give Sticky a thumbs down so far. I hate to admit it, but right now Wesley was a much better Blade in the original movie than Sticky was last night.:(

This show has as much going against it as for it.
I like the premise; had an interesting plot for the most part. Krista is interesting. I wanna see more of the house of Chthon & the inner workings of the vampire society.
Now the bad-the dialogue was largely horrendous. Too much focus was on Krista. I think they should've made fresh footage of Vanessa instead of recycling Sanaa Lathan. It's fine to retell Blade's origin, but why re-use Whistler's dialogue to do it? And lastly, there's Kirk. His acting was horrible. In every scene, it seemed like he was trying too hard. The character should just flow out of you. His voice sounded unnatural, & his fighting was slow, stiff & laborious.

iceberg325 said:
I only saw the first half lol. What happened in the second half???

Well Krista went to some party where the vampires where. She tired killing the head vampire but this girl knocked her out. Um The male vampire with the blonde hair turned her into a vampire not by biting her. Then after Krista was reborn the vampires showed her around. Then Blade went to the vampire hangout and injected some kind of serum in to keep her thinking straight. Then this one vampire had something injected in him and he was like superstrong and Blade couldn't kill him. Then Krista went to her brother's grave Blade gave her a case full of serum and she took it. They really didn't make a alliance but it kinda was. Then the asian guy doesn't trust her. :( Not too vauge I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"