• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Rogue or Kitty?

anna's going to be busy with true blood filming i assume....

true Blood starts filing In January and they will have less episodes this season.Plus while
DOFP doesn't start filming till april James Mcavoy for example doesn't start filming his scenes till May.

This is such a hard choice, if one had to choose. I love both characters and I love both Paquin and Page, and I think they both have potential to play great versions.

Can I say both? :D

Rogue simply because she's more significant in the X-Men trilogy than Kitty. Kitty's upgraded role in X3 was really random and I don't want to see her as the time traveler for this cross-over movie.

Y,but would love to have that danger room scene :cwink:

They gotta have:
-Franklin getting blasted
-Wolvie getting blasted
-Colossus goin' berserk

I'd really love to see Rogue used at her fullest potential.

I'm a huge Rogue fan so Rogue please.

Shouldn't the poll be Rogue, Kitty or Jubilee ??

I did like the actress that played Jubilee (from X2):

[YT]s2KDQ_adYsI[/YT]

Jubilee? Seriously.Someone who had less a role in trilogy than Kitty and was simply a poor man's Kitty.When you could use Kitty why use Jubilee.

Maybe because I grew up on The Animated Series so I've always preferred Jubilee over Kitty. I know I'm in the minority :(

Well I always prefered Kitty over Jubilee.A reason why I have come to enjoy wolverine and the X-men over X-Men 1990's despite some flaws In It.

I always found Jubilee's powers thoroughly underwhelming. My vote remains with shadowcat.

I know comic Rogue has many fans, and some wants a better role for Anna, myself included

but at the same time Im a bit surprised some fans preffer the traveler to be another character instead of a more faithful adaptation using Kitty, just like the comic, even if the time travel is different.

This is the very first time Fox and Singer have the opportunity to respect many things from a storyarc, with DOFP, specially about the future timeline, using Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Colossus, all of them alive on the original trilogy.

Wolverine is confirmed, Storm is played by one of the most known actresses of the trilogy and is a powerfull x-woman, Ellen Page is an Oscar nominated actress and has worked with some very talented directors, and Colossus is a cheap actor. Its like perfect circunstances.

of course from a fan perspective, many of us want to see our fave x-men at the same time, like Cyclops, Rogue, Kurt and more, but..... why not to respect the lineup of the storyarc this time? shouldnt the fans be happy with that? after all these years complaining about how different the movies are compared to the comics...

its kind of ironic

We already know one change Is coming since Xavier Is In film In future.But,let's say Xavier fills the rachel Role here.

If Bryan Singer were to bring back Ellen Page as Kitty,have her work with Wolverine at begining and help free the others and ultemly be the time traveler
I would have no problem with It.And Kitty's power would be better for getting Into camp or prison or base.But

1:We don't know If Ellen Page Is even Intrested In returning to franchise
assuming her contract Isn't still valid.She had to be begged to try out for Last Stand.And since then expect for Inception she had stayed away from genre films and even took part In Superhero spoof Super
2:Bryan Singer may want to bring back Anna Paquin as Rogue since she assumed the kitty like role In his X-Men films(X-Men/X2)

I would also have no problem with both Storm and COlossus returing.If Colossus Is In film with Singer directing that Increases the chances they would go after Daniel cudmore.If Bryan wasn't directing they might have recast Colossus If he was In film especilly since they gave him one line In Last Stand.

I think the chances are also good of Mystique being added to future.Rebecca Romijn Is one who remains on good terms with Bryan.She returned outside of blue makeup for first Class.Bryan directed her husband In Mockingbird Lane,and they may want someone on Magneto's side In future.

So If characters In future are Wolverine,Kitty,Magneto,Storm,and Colossus from comics and added for film Xavier and maybe Mystique I would have no problem with that.But,It remains to be seen If that Is how they will go.

one thing is for sure, would be great to see Kitty and Colossus geting better scenes on this sequel, and better action moments, fighting the sentinels.

If Bryan used them as cameos in X1 and X2, he probably had plans for them in the future, but sadly he didnt X3. BUT.... luckily to us, he's back, so its his moment to do whatever he wants to do with them.

Ellen could get a pretty decent role, even if she doesnt travel, and Collosus could easily have three/four lines during the future scenes, showing he has a real friendship with them. He doesnt need a real secondary role, just to have a few lines, and an epic action moment. And thats it. Cheap actor for Fox, and Peter fans would be more pleased, after X3.

I know comic Rogue has many fans, and some wants a better role for Anna, myself included

but at the same time Im a bit surprised some fans preffer the traveler to be another character instead of a more faithful adaptation using Kitty, just like the comic, even if the time travel is different.

This is the very first time Fox and Singer have the opportunity to respect many things from a storyarc, with DOFP, specially about the future timeline, using Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Colossus, all of them alive on the original trilogy.

Wolverine is confirmed, Storm is played by one of the most known actresses of the trilogy and is a powerfull x-woman, Ellen Page is an Oscar nominated actress and has worked with some very talented directors, and Colossus is a cheap actor. Its like perfect circunstances.

of course from a fan perspective, many of us want to see our fave x-men at the same time, like Cyclops, Rogue, Kurt and more, but..... why not to respect the lineup of the storyarc this time? shouldnt the fans be happy with that? after all these years complaining about how different the movies are compared to the comics...

its kind of ironic

Its a movie adaptation, of course they won't use all the characters that were in the comic-book storyline.

Maybe because I grew up on The Animated Series so I've always preferred Jubilee over Kitty. I know I'm in the minority :(

Yeah me too! And I actually thought they would upgrade Jubilee's role in X3.

FOX is not going to be 100% faithful to the storyline of the comics and that includes which characters they are gonna include in the movie. Whether the X-Men team in the comic-book storyline they are adapting only has 3 to 5 members, FOX will still use a different team in the movie. Just for example, the movie adaptation of God Loves, Man Kills. In the comics, Colossus and Shadowcat were part of the team but in X2, they were only seen at the X-Mansion and they weren't featured as X-Men. FOX is gonna go with what works for them.

well, not only Fox but Singer and Kimberg too.

would be interesting to see which mutants Matthew and Simon chose and if Bryan has changed that roster a bit or not

maybe on DOFP Dvd we'll find that out :D

I don't think the question is whether Bryan would want Rogue but WILL Anna Paquin come back to the film. I'm quite certain she would love to work with Bryan Singer again as they were close post-X3.

With her commitments to HBO's True Blood will become the issue. Alan Ball (who adores Anna) is no longer in control of the show she may not have the leverage to do DOFP as she wants.

I can't see the core four without Anna. It was always James, Famke, Hugh and Anna. Will be weird NOT to see Anna in that cast. Kitty being in this film will be to shoe-horned and too forced. Would rather Singer drop that aspect if they can't bring Rogue in.

True Blood starts filming In january.DOFP In april.True Blood will have less episodes this
season and question Is would Bryan Singer want Rogue as time traveler or play role in
future with Wolverine.The only way I can see ELlen Page back as Kitty Is If Anna can't
make DOFP fit with her schedule.

As I have said the problem with getting James Marsden and Famke Janssen In for DOFP
Is fact they both died In Last Stand and Inless The Last Stand Is outright Ignored for DOFP the only way to get them In It Is cameo at end of film saying time travel plot prevented the future with sentinles as well as events of Last Stand.

True Blood starts filming In january.DOFP In april.True Blood will have less episodes this
season and question Is would Bryan Singer want Rogue as time traveler or play role in
future with Wolverine.The only way I can see ELlen Page back as Kitty Is If Anna can't
make DOFP fit with her schedule.

As I have said the problem with getting James Marsden and Famke Janssen In for DOFP
Is fact they both died In Last Stand and Inless The Last Stand Is outright Ignored for DOFP the only way to get them In It Is cameo at end of film saying time travel plot prevented the future with sentinles as well as events of Last Stand.

I think Famke is a definite to return. I see her cameo in The Wolverine as a nod to cameo in DOFP. I also think that since Marsden wanted X3 to be Cyclops movie this will be his way to fix that.

I also believe DOFP gives FOX/Singer the opportunity to discard everything from The Last Stand and create an alternate storyline that will bridge X1, X2, FC and DOFP together while ignoring TLS and O:Wolverine. It's a clever way of fixing the franchise and allow Singerverse to continue without being tainted by sequels.

Well I would defently support this Idea,and considering not only DId Superman return sthrow out Superman III and IV but Bryan Singer and Tom Desanto's planned Battlestar Galactica sequel show would have outright Ignored Galactica 1980(reportly they would have reconned the only decent episode the return of starbuck by Ignoring the framing sequenzes and child born on planet would have actully had been Starbuck's child but It would have been a girl) so It's not something you can dismiss SInger from doing.Although
Hugh Jackman has said directly The Wolverine Is set after the events of Last Stand and It is suspose to lead In someway to DOFP but as I pointed out In another thread There
may be wiggle room depending on what Is actully said In The Wolverine about other films.

By the time Bryan has to do promation for jack The Giant Slayer we should know who
Is coming back from his films as well as First Class returnes.If Famke and James are announced by him returning in one of his twitter messages that Is a big clue.I am sure If Bryan had his way he would bring James,Famke,Anna,and Rebecca Romijn to join Patrick,Ian,and Hugh.With maybe Halle Berry also depending on If she and Bryan have repaired any differences they had and she Is willing to be a team player.

It's pretty much safe that Origins Is being ignored.Evein Hugh and James Mangold said the Wolverine takes place after 3 other films and It's clear they weren't Including Origins
as one of those 3 films.Plus If Mark Millar Is right and Fox post Rothman Is more Intrested In deadpool film you really have to say Origins Is being Ignored.

Well I would defently support this Idea,and considering not only DId Superman return sthrow out Superman III and IV but Bryan Singer and Tom Desanto's planned Battlestar Galactica sequel show would have outright Ignored Galactica 1980(reportly they would have reconned the only decent episode the return of starbuck by Ignoring the framing sequenzes and child born on planet would have actully had been Starbuck's child but It would have been a girl) so It's not something you can dismiss SInger from doing.Although
Hugh Jackman has said directly The Wolverine Is set after the events of Last Stand and It is suspose to lead In someway to DOFP but as I pointed out In another thread There
may be wiggle room depending on what Is actully said In The Wolverine about other films.

By the time Bryan has to do promation for jack The Giant Slayer we should know who
Is coming back from his films as well as First Class returnes.If Famke and James are announced by him returning in one of his twitter messages that Is a big clue.I am sure If Bryan had his way he would bring James,Famke,Anna,and Rebecca Romijn to join Patrick,Ian,and Hugh.With maybe Halle Berry also depending on If she and Bryan have repaired any differences they had and she Is willing to be a team player.

It's pretty much safe that Origins Is being ignored.Evein Hugh and James Mangold said the Wolverine takes place after 3 other films and It's clear they weren't Including Origins
as one of those 3 films.Plus If Mark Millar Is right and Fox post Rothman Is more Intrested In deadpool film you really have to say Origins Is being Ignored.

I agree 100% with everything you commented.

It's a very big tightrope act Bryan and FOX are walking. This could turn into a colossal mess if they don't do this just right. I think throwing out TLS and W: O IS the only way they can fix this franchise. It's been a mess since TLS and hasn't really recovered since then. Each film making less and less at the Box Office while Fans have been drifting further away from the franchise.

I think the buzz about the studio wanting Halle back is more internet buzz than actual fact. With all the personal problems Halle has been experiencing PLUS her desire to move to France only further proves she will be out. I doubt very seriously that she and Singer have repaired much of their relationship. He has kept good relationships with many of his cast with the exception of Halle. Most of the reports out of X2 wound up be more fact than fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"