• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Shazam Rotten Tomatoes thread

How to spin a 45% RT score:

“Ana de Armas’s performance in Blonde has been universally praised. An Oscar nomination is all but certain. Well, according to Rotten Tomatoes, Black Adam is 3% better than Blonde.”

:ninja:

It's 43% now.

Such a wide range! 3 in the 90s and then all the way down to 20s and with pretty much everything in between.
There's still no DCEU movie in the 80s, maybe the Flash would fill that spot.

Just came back from seeing the film. While I wouldn't call it a game changer, it's nowhere near as bad like "Thor: Love and Thunder" was. I really don't understand how that film has a higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than "Black Adam".

Just got out of Black Adam. 7.4/10.

Definitely not the best film in the world. The story felt…strict? Tight? A word like that, dunno how else to put it. Writing also wasn’t all that.

The action, the entire Justice Society (I liked all of them, but Dr. Fate was def the best), and Black Adam himself are the reasons I liked this movie.

And, yeah, the “thing” at the end was very cool.

Yeah, that’s not too hot.

Flirting with sub 40% on RT now. With the B+ I’d say this is going well under 500 million box office. Second week drop will probably be a horror show.

41% after 203 reviews now.

Flirting with sub 40% on RT now. With the B+ I’d say this is going well under 500 million box office. Second week drop will probably be a horror show.
Quite possibly. But until more numbers are in, the Venom comparison represents the counter argument (hope?) to your prediction: 30% on RT; B+ score... yet it grossed $850M at the BO.

Quite possibly. But until more numbers are in, the Venom comparison represents the counter argument (hope?) to your prediction: 30% on RT; B+ score... yet it grossed $850M at the BO.

Fair enough but Venom has always been a far more popular character among the general audience than Black Adam.

Fair enough but Venom has always been a far more popular character among the general audience than Black Adam.

I'll take your word for that. :toth (Prior to the movies, I hadn't heard of either one.) But you would agree that Johnson is the more famous/popular actor (yes?). So maybe these two factors... cancel each other out? :shrug:

I'll take your word for that. :toth (Prior to the movies, I hadn't heard of either one.) But you would agree that Johnson is the more famous/popular actor (yes?). So maybe these two factors... cancel each other out? :shrug:

Johnson is definitely the more famous actor, zero doubt. Something I find strange though is that his popularity has never translated to massive box office numbers for any of his solo movies with the exception of Hobbs & Shaw (let's face it, that movie didn't make over 700M worldwide because of Jason Statham). Part of it has probably got to do with the types of movies he makes (action comedies and kids' adventure films) but we also live in a time where star power means less and less.

I guess I’m more inclined to compare Black Adam to the other DCEU movies, and the poorly reviewed ones of those have all died second week. Fair point though. It could surprise us with good legs.

Johnson is definitely the more famous actor, zero doubt. Something I find strange though is that his popularity has never translated to massive box office numbers for any of his solo movies with the exception of Hobbs & Shaw (let's face it, that movie didn't make over 700M worldwide because of Jason Statham). Part of it has probably got to do with the types of movies he makes (action comedies and kids' adventure films) but we also live in a time where star power means less and less.
Think Hobbs & Shaw is more F&F fanbase driven more than The Rock. That franchise has a way of making money.

Down to 39%. Tied with Justice League.
SentimentalIncredibleCrane-size_restricted.gif

If word of mouth is

"Listen. It's not as bad as they say."

Then the movie's going to struggle. Very few movies buck that trend, become the exception, and therefore is newsworthy.

Especially with DC films, where fans had to polish certain turds to help get butts in seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"