Roughneck's Clearance Sale/Trade thread!

Oh.

Lisen I gotta get ready and go into work, but when I get a moment there I will go over stuff.

Ok, I gotta work on a final till 8, I'll be around after that. So, since you're probably in another time zone, about 2 and a half hours after I post this.

Horrorfan said:
I just wrote to Toyfare...if anyone can talk to the biz/marvel about it, it's them.I suggested a new Blink, Mimic, Morph, Nocturne and Spidey 2099 that all come with a build a Thunderbird, the huge mutated version when he helped battle galactus.

I'm going to be writing a nice long letter to Toyfare about how they're actually hurting collectors with their price guide more than they're helping them. I'm waiting for the next issue to come out because I took all of mine home. But they will have a nice long letter about how they support scalpers and secondary market stores to rip everyone off.

Saint553 said:
I'm going to be writing a nice long letter to Toyfare about how they're actually hurting collectors with their price guide more than they're helping them. I'm waiting for the next issue to come out because I took all of mine home. But they will have a nice long letter about how they support scalpers and secondary market stores to rip everyone off.
well you may be right, but your fighting a lost cause... toyfare is and will always have its price guide as the foundation of what the magazine is. Its intent is to have collectors know what the price of there figure is worth. but like all good things, in the wrong hands it can be miss used... and it is used by scalpers to rip collectors off... but whats an honest collector to do when he wants to know what a figure is worth? or when they want to sell there collection... what to price it as?

The price guide isn't even set by the collectors, it's set by the secondary retailers. Comic shops, ebayers, and other people who have to gain from the prices. Collectors (if true collectors) will rarely profit from their collections. An estimated value is always nice to know, but it's not realistic. I have read that a Dark Phoenix ranges anywhere from 45-80 bucks. But it may realistically only sell for 30. Price guides are an unrealistic estimation and using it as a literal guide only hurts collectors but the market as well.

possibly.. but collectors will never be the ones to set the price.... too many would have too many opinions.. its the second hand buyers who buy them in bulk and the price is set for what the collector will actually spend on them. dark phoenix may have a set price around $80 but is sure as hell sits on a collectors store shelf for a while... (as well as ebay) and eventually its price is cut in half wich is usualyl what it sells for... i got my DP for $40

The collectors would never set the price? It's the idiots with too much money who spend $80 on a figure which set the price. Someone somewhere is paying these ludicrous prices. We can set the prices if wanted by refusing to pay anything more than what a figure is possibly worth. $10 is even pushing it. AOA Wolvy variant? Kitty Pryde? They're packed evenly in every case. One is necessary and the other is popular. They'd sell for fair prices if idiots were buying them for horrible prices.

No offense to anyone who's ever paid too much. We all have in weak moments. Most of the times I paid too much is because it was my only alternative.

well bud well i def feel your pain and agree with you, its never going to be fixed.. because people will always buy what people are willing to pay. and theres always going to be desperate people who have more money then someone else willing to shell out more in order to get there prized figure or get the figure sooner (new figs are ALWAYS priced more then what they should be like the walmart wave now) but very few figs actually have prices that go up... dark phoenix has dropped alot.... as well as many variants... the biggest and most real logical sky rocket pricer was toad... because people skipped him when he came out.. because they didnt want him... now that you cant get him anywhere people want him. i rember seeing mounds of toads.. wish i bought them, because hell id have extra money in my pocket now...

we may have our price we wont pay for a fig... but theres always someone who will... even if the minority will pay that price for it... its still someone who will... and someone who will give that store money for that fig. the only way your idea would work would be if EVERYONE would not pay that price... and thats not going to happen... because like i said.. someone will always be willing to pay a higher price then another.

But magazines like Toyfare do nothing to alleviate the problem. They worsen it. They say which figures will be "hot" and good "investments". Screw that. My figures aren't investments. They're investments for people who are in it for profit. Figure collecting should not be about luck. Primary retailers sell this stuff at equal opportunity and price. They don't care what the figure is or how few of them they are. They'll still sell 'em all the same. But it's guys who seem to have too much time on their hands and hit every store one minute after opening who screw things over for the rest of us. They force us to buy from them. And if we don't want to buy from them, we get stuck with having to buy the stuff online. We get exploited and Toyfare just grins with its thumb in their ass and continues the problem.

your very right, but your not going to get rid of those people... and thats what i love about toybiz.. they actually have tried to lessen the blow.. and it does. they rereleased the rare figs... the change the case ratios... the magazine is just doing there job... and reporting what the figs are going for... hell to tell you the truth.. there price listing is usually lower then what i actually find them for... i always want to shove the magazing in collectors store faces...

I have read in a few places that the price guide editor is brothers with the guy who runs Toywiz.com. Toywiz.com's prices often reflect Toyfare's. Who's doing their job?

Well, it sucks any which way we cut it. We either a) get shafted by the scalpers that hit every store and clean them out or b) get shafted by stores that want to charge out the ass for stuff, sometimes 2-3 times as much.

Only way we can fight it is if we find what we are looking for at retail. Other than that we're gonna feel it one way or another. And it sucks.

yup... and you cant really fight it at all because if i miss a fig...that they stop selling in a store..i know im forced to buy it off ebay or a collectors store...

I wish you luck bro. Its hit some spots in Texas, Houston is the closest to me but I don't have the time to roam around there. Hopefully the WML is gradually making its way West.

Hopefully.. I didnt go to any wm's today.. :x

which are the three you all three need the most? I've got a $100 on me and i could by three for each of you. i will find these again. i have the gift. k, so i probably really don't, but if i find them, who wants what? list your top four or five figs in case i find them and they only have a few or something.

umm... Kitty pryde... War bird... Havok... and AoA wolverine.. I would have to pay you for them though So dont worry about it.. I dont want to rack up a mirron dorra in IOU figs :p

mirron dorra make me sad :( i heard it was the last season of south park. :(
I think i'm going to let you buy this time SsM. If i actually find another set, i'll let you get by this time with cash since i know how hard you've been looking. plus, all i really want is for you to keep an eye out for me later and i know you would.

And do me favor SsM, go ahead and dig up my wants/haves thread and post what you just did in there with what you want. i'll check before i go in the morning. and same for you other two. easy reference. i'm sure my thread won't be booming anytime soon.

SpiderHulkThing said:
mirron dorra make me sad :( i heard it was the last season of south park. :(
I think i'm going to let you buy this time SsM. If i actually find another set, i'll let you get by this time with cash since i know how hard you've been looking. plus, all i really want is for you to keep an eye out for me later and i know you would.
what?? southpark cancelled?? yeah right...

i hope not. but you know with all the tom cruise BS, i think they're tired of it. and comdey central doesnt really like them pushing for it as much. who knows. we shall see. viva la resistance!

Saint553 said:
The collectors would never set the price? It's the idiots with too much money who spend $80 on a figure which set the price.

:( Sorry Everyone:(

S'okay rough. We still love you.

If you were trying to PM me, I made some space in my box. Try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"