• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: New Batman game in development

Galactus123

Sidekick
Reaction score
There are only rumors so don't take this it as a fact. This is a bit old but I didn't see a thread about this. They say that a Damian Wayne-led Batman game is in development:

https://bytesizeimpressions.com/2016/05/25/new-batman-game-may-be-on-the-horizon/

It’s been an interesting 12 or 13 months for Batman, hasn’t it? Arkham Knight was praised for looking and performing well on consoles, but was nothing short of a disaster on PC. The Batman vs. Superman film was finally released and… well, let’s just leave it at that. The long rumored Batman: Return to Arkham has been confirmed for both Xbox One and PS4, but with buzz of both Superman and Spider-Man games underway, some feared the final nails were being hammered in the Arkham-verse’s coffin. But those anxious to see their favorite crusader with pointy rubber ‘ears’ may be happy to hear their patience could be rewarded with not one, but TWO new games.

Before I continue, I’d like to let everyone know that the following information should be treated strictly as rumor. I know and trust my source, and while this information was reported to him/her in August, things are always subject to change. That said, here’s what they found out:

There is, indeed, a new Batman game in development, and there’s a twist: The story takes place in the not-too-distant future, and the primary protagonist is actually the original Batman’s son. The city will not only be bigger, but will actually show more signs of Gotham’s population than ever before, meaning the ‘city has been evacuated’ plot thread is being left by the wayside (which is smart, because my primary concern with the latter Arkham games is just how empty and lifeless the world feels). The story will also not unfold in the span of a single night (day and night cycles, perhaps?). It’s unknown if the Batmobile will be playable, but it’s said we’ll have access to the Batcycle. As you progress throughout the game, players will have the opportunity to upgrade the Batcave. The biggest question of all is, “Who’s developing this game?” This, unfortunately, was not mentioned. Personally, I don’t believe Rocksteady will be behind it. With enough money being offered it’s certainly possible, but Rocksteady have already expressed a desire to move on.

The second game reportedly follows the Suicide Squad. No surprise considering a feature film is due for release in 2016, but there’s no further information about what this game will feature, or even what stage of development it’s in.

I, and my source, know how the internet reacts to rumors, so they’re willing to vet themselves to well-established media outlets upon request. Contact information is available in the ‘About Byte-Size Impressions’ tab at the top of the site.

https://bytesizeimpressions.com/2016/09/04/who-is-batman-in-the-next-open-world-game/

In the wake of our confirmation that one of the numerous villains you’d be facing in the next open world Batman game is The Judge, there’s still one VERY big question about this game which people have been dying to get confirmation of (you already know if you’ve been listening to the podcast, though).

Originally, I had reported the protagonist under the cowl this time would be ‘Batman’s son’. As I, myself, am Batman illiterate, I wasn’t aware that this information would have been perceived as controversial. The outlets which ran my story had decided to slap Damian Wayne’s name on this, but they were jumping the gun, and I spent a good amount of energy attempting to set the record straight.

Honestly, Batman’s son could have been anyone. Depending on how many ‘universes’ you’re willing to take into consideration: Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Clark Wayne, Terry McGinnis, Tallant Wayne, Ibn al Xu’ffasch (yeah, I’ve been doing a little research)… and I don’t even know if that exhausts all the possibilities. You can argue alternate timelines, people he loved LIKE sons, or anyone that’s been ‘developed’ rather than naturally created isn’t a connection that shouldn’t be considered. But, fact of the matter is, if the game’s development studio is willing to change the face of Batman in gaming from Bruce to… well, someone else… then theoretically, they could go in any direction they please. As long as the player spends most, if not all of the game as a dude dressed as Batman, will game sales ultimately be affected? Doubtful.

In light of the recent information that’s come along, however, I made sure to inquire about the true identity of Batman in the new game.

What do you guys think? It would be awesome if they made an open-world Batman game with a living breathing city this time.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember reading all this when it first came out, personally taking it all with a grain of salt. Sounds way too far fetched to be true.

But it's pretty much an open secret that WB Montreal are working on a Suicide Squad game.

I stopped reading once I read Damian led Batman game. Hell nah!

if there has to be another Batman game, I'd rather it be a futuristic Batman Beyond game.

or a Cassandra Cain Batgirl game.

something different.

but I want my damn Superman game before another Batman game!! lol.

I'll happily take another game in the Arkham-verse, as long as they break away from the tired Arkham formula.

I'd sooner take a Batman game with Grayson in the role.

A Batman Beyond-esque game that's not set that far into the future.

I'd be fine with a Batman Beyond game if that's what it is.

This isn't happening. It reads like one of those lame wish lists you read on the forums. Clearly made by some Bat fan who has no idea what it takes to make a good Batman video game that would appeal to a large audience. You can put this rumor in the garbage, where it needs to be.

This isn't happening. It reads like one of those lame wish lists you read on the forums. Clearly made by some Bat fan who has no idea what it takes to make a good Batman video game that would appeal to a large audience. You can put this rumor in the garbage, where it needs to be.

The leaker of this rumor has been verified to be legit at NeoGAF. That means he has actually shown proof of his claims with official documentations to them via PM. It's a real thing. Here's his follow up post with more details on the Batman game and Suicide Squad one.

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's of redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might not see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

A shame not even Dick Grayson is immune to Generic Video Game Male syndrome, if true.

I could possibly get on board with a Damian Wayne game.

They could also do something with the possible future, as shown in Batman #666 (2007).

I'd rather have a kickass Superman game like Insomniac is doing with Spider-Man.

If this is true, I'm down. Sounds pretty cool.

I could go for a Batman Beyond sort of game. Even if it's not quite Batman Beyond, but playing around with some of the themes and character setups. Even if it's not Batman Beyond, per se, but having a story setup where Bruce is the old mentor in the cave talking in your ear, and you playing Damien...it sounds interesting to me. Never even considered how that could work, having Damien in the role of Terry I mean. Sounds a great idea to me. And it might give a great reason to just give a ton of lines to Kevin Conroy, which is never a bad thing.

It's probably not related, at all. But, I remember that Batman Beyond inspired batsuit in Arkham Knight being really popular. Every stream I ever watched, usually had people using that one, and the downloads and ratings on PSN for it seemed damn high. It seemed to me like a sign that people are way more receptive to something Batman Beyond than I might have thought.

And I really liked Origins. I'm pretty much down with anything Batman coming from WB Montreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"