The Defenders Rumored Thunderbolts Series

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
News has been quiet on this for a while but Punisher did get greenlit when that was also rumored and Zemo IS in Civil War so it looks likely.

We already have Baron Zemo, Crossbones, Blizzard and Mister Hyde in the MCU and Scorpion is rumored to be played by Jason Biggs in the 2017 Spider-Man film.

I posted this in another thread here but I feel like it deserves a mention here. This is my fancast for everyone else.

Songbird - Michelle Trachtenberg
Mach - Donald Glover
Taskmaster - Cam Gigandet
Joystick - Felice Herrig
Bullseye - Ray Park
Ghost - Don't care since he never takes off the helmet in the comics, I'd even take a woman.
Shocker - Daniel Tosh
Moonstone - Viva Bianca
Atlas - John Cena

I can't think of a good Jolt who isn't too famous for TV. We need somebody young to both have a connection with Blizzard and to contrast with the 30 and 40-something crooks and the much older Mister Hyde. Can anyone here think of an Asian female actor who's incredibly talented, in her 20s and can appear innocent enough to genuinely want to do good while surrounded by bad people? I feel like a former Disney Channel, Nickelodeon or ABC Family star would be a good choice but I'm not familiar with their output.

Last edited:
I have no idea who half those characters/actors are. But I look forward to the possibility of a Defenders series.

I have no idea who half those characters/actors are. But I look forward to the possibility of a Defenders series.

Songbird is a very minor Captain America villain who went on to become Zemo's lover in the T-Bolts, appeared in a great number of issues involving the team and is one of Marvel's most popular anti-heroes. She's the T-Bolt who keeps everyone in line. Michelle Trachtenberg is a former child actor famous for starring in Harriet The Spy and Eurotrip. Her facial features are almost exactly like Songbird's from the comics and her career is gone far enough downwards that she'd easily do a TV series. Plus, if T-Bolts gets a renewal, I'd like to see the T-Bolts take on a rogue splinter faction of HYDRA calling themselves RAID who believe that Zemo sold out everything that HYDRA stands for by making a Jew his #2 and going far enough to date her. RAID's mysterious leader wouldn't be seen on screen until Captain America 4 but Rose Leslie would hopefully be playing his daughter. It's a story that I'd really like to see since it could create a lot of cool tension, introduce a new villain faction and work as a prelude to an upcoming Phase 4 film.

Mach is also known as Beetle. He's recently been retconned to be African American. The most obvious choices for villains in Ant-Man and The Wasp as Mach and Whirlwind and the former has long-standing connections for the T-Bolts and has appeared in every incarnation of the team. Donald Glover is an African-American actor most famous for appearing in Girls and The Martian. He's known for playing humorous yet intelligent characters and Mach is an evil genious who's an enemy of Iron man, Ant-Man and Spider-Man who also has a sense of humor. It fits perfectly.

Taskmaster is a mercenary who's worked for most of the villain factions in the Marvel U. Fox lost his rights a while back when they decided a few years ago to not develop a Taskmaster film. He's mostly an enemy of Captain America, Ant-Man and Deadpool. He's a mutant in the comics with the power to recall any fighitng style he's witnessed which makes him the single deadliest martial artist in the Marvel U and thus able to take on Wolverine or Elektra in a single fight. His personality is that of a cold, impersonal killer who'll fight for whoever offers him the most money and could work as a wildcard where he'll be an on again/off again member of the team. I'd like to see him introduced on Agents of SHIELD first before T-Bolts hits. Cam Gigandet may be most famous for Twilight but he also has a black belt in Krav Maga so he'd be able to pull off some really nice fight scenes and he does have a sense of humor but has always been stuck in comedies with poor scripts so he's never really had time to show off his skills. Most of the characters he plays are jerks so Taskmaster isn't a stretch.

Joystick is a Spider-Man villain with a combination of genetic and cybernetic enhancements. She turned to a life of crime out of sheer boredom and seeks to prove herself as the greatest fighter in the world. She enjoys trash talk. She dislikes sneaking past guards. Some people find her to be a delightful chatterbox who brings a good sense of levity to the T-Bolts, other people find her to be an obnoxious motormouth. Felice Herrig is a MMA fighter who has a really strong stage presence that a lot of people find divisive. Some people think that she's funny and enjoy her combination of an upbeat personality and a tendency to trash talk, others find her to be incredibly annoying. Joystick is a very physical character who'd doesn't wear more than a domino mask so she'd need to be played by somebody who can do her own stunts. Herrig looks the part, she has the skill and her public persona isn't that much different to Joystick so it's hard to think of a better choice. She has a following who'd tune into T-Bolts just for her but she wouldn't require as much money as somebody like Ronda Rousey (who was honestly kind of underwhelming in Furious 7).

Bullseye is one of Daredevil's greatest enemies and almost as good of a fighter as Taskmaster. The main difference between the two is that Bullseye didn't gain his martial arts mastery though superpowers. He got as good as he did from sheer practice. Bullseye is known as the man who can figure out at least 7 different ways to kill a man in any situation with any materials at hand MacGuyver-style in addition to being the single deadliest sniper in the Marvel U. He'd work as the darkest T-Bolt to not have the same loyalty issues that somebody like Taskmaster or Crossbones would have and ram home that the T-Bolts aren't actually the good guys. Ray Park is a Scottish actor best known for playing Toad in X-Men and Darth Maul in Star Wars. Let me repeat. This is the man who played DARTH MAUL who would be playing Bullseye. The man hasn't had a big hit since the early 2000s so nabbing him for a TV role shouldn't be hard.

Ghost is a master burglar who's an enemy of Iron Man and Spider-Man. He was introduced breaking into Stark Industries under orders from Justin Hammer during the Armor Wars storyline and cleaved the original Spymaster in half just so he could get 100% of the profits. His backstory is that he lost his job in a round of layoffs at a large corporation and now just wants to rob from the rich and give to himself. I'd like to see him grow as a character and have him eventually believe in something greater than his own greed. And in the 1990s cartoon, he was voiced by Jennifer Hale which is why I'm not opposed to a woman playing him. I'd even be okay with race and gender being left completely ambiguous since it would just make Ghost that much more mysterious.

Shocker is a Spider-Man villain who's also a burglar with luck that's every bit as bad as Spider-Man's. Despite being a genius inventor, nobody would hire him so he was forced to turn to crime. He's often used as comic relief in villain team-ups and I can see some bromances developing between him, Blizzard and Mach.

Moonstone is a Captain Marvel villain who's also fought Spider-Man and threatened the Avengers as a member of the Masters of Evil. She's a former therapist who enjoyed driving patients to suicide including one who had a mysterious talisman which gave him mystical powers including flight, super strength and energy blasts. She briefly took over Carol Danver's identity when Carol was believed dead after Secret Invasion. Carol took back her identity from Karla but Karla cemented herself as Carol's arch enemy. Viva Bianca is an Australian actor known for playing scheming, manipulative women and is most famous for playing Ilithia on Spartacus. She's also a journalist so she's smart enough to play somebody like Moonstone. She looks the part for Captain Marvel but is a bit too Australian to play an all-AMerican like Carol Danvers but could easily play her arch-nemesis.

Atlas is a crook enhanced by the Enchantress who now lives as a being of pure ionic energy. Originally infused with super strength to battle the Avengers, he wound up fighting Luke Cage when Cage assumed his old alias of Power Man and Erik Josten was forced to change his codename to Atlas but not before becoming one of Luke Cage's main adversaries. John Cena is the most famous professional wrestler active today who recently broke into acting with the film Trainwreck. He's one of the few people physically large enough to play Atlas and he also has the name recognition.

Jolt is a former science experiment of Arnim Zola who joined the T-Bolts because at the time the Avengers were dead and the T-Bolts were the only non-mutant heroes who were actually doing some good in the world. She's the team's conscience who remind them that yes, they may have done some terrible things but there are people who are even worse than them who need to be stopped. While Shocker and Joystick may lighten the mood with one-liners, Jolt needs to prevent things from getting too dark by actually being the one true idealist on the team. When Zemo and Songbird may be getting a bit too Machiavellian, Blizzard, Shocker and Mach get a bit too scheming and Moonstone and Bullseye get a bit too ruthless, she needs to remind the team that they're actually trying to take over the world to make it a BETTER place than the one we have now.

The villains need to be RAID and Sinthia Schmidt. Crossbones will defect early on along with Taskmaster but Tasky should be a double agent for Zemo who's actually loyal all along.

And Sin - as stated above - should be Rose Leslie since she's incredibly talented and her character on Game of Thrones is dead.

And I'd also kill of Mister Hyde since Atlas and Scorpion are already the team's big guys, Zemo, Blizzard, Mach and Shocker are already the geniuses and he's the oldest of the bunch and I want him to sacrifice himself so that everyone else can live but make it all Joystick's fault so she has a reason to become more mature and stop being a loose cannon.

Fixer, Radioctive Man and Leader can also theoretically join in later seasons if some of the smart guys leave the team, Fixer and Radioactive Man appear on Agents of SHIELD first and we FINALLY get a Hulk sequel that can be the Hulk vs Leader film which was set up back in 2008. Mercy and Elektra would also be good choices to join the team.

The only T-Bolts that I don't want to see are Red Hulk and Green Goblin since I want Zemo to be the leader of the team (and Red Hulk would be too expensive) and I also wouldn't want to see Punisher or Ghost Rider join since both of them would presumably kill everyone else on the team on principle alone. I also feel like Black Widow, Luke Cage, Winter Soldier and Hawkeye already have teams that they're part of so they don't need to join the T-Bolts.

Last edited:
Well that explains that. Also, I meant to say I look forward to a Thunderbolts series, not Defenders.

I'm all for a Thunderbolts series or film. I hope they stick closer to the original concept though of a team of villains trying to dupe the world and then learning how to be real heroes as they try to find redemption. Suicide Squad has the whole psychopaths performing high-risk black ops for the government angle covered. Sticking to the original concept of Thunderbolts would be more interesting and unique than going down the same general path as SS.

I'm all for a Thunderbolts series or film. I hope they stick closer to the original concept though of a team of villains trying to dupe the world and then learning how to be real heroes as they try to find redemption. Suicide Squad has the whole psychopaths performing high-risk black ops for the government angle covered. Sticking to the original concept of Thunderbolts would be more interesting and unique than going down the same general path as SS.

I'll agree to that. I want Thunderbolts to be like Agents of SHIELD from HYDRA's perspective where Baron Zemo wants to conquer the world to improve it and take out other villain factions. That's why I don't want to see Luke Cage or Red Hulk leading the team.

These guys are outlaws. They need to cross some serious moral lines like blowing up a city block because AIM was building a doomsday weapon there, execute and torture their enemies and steal arms and money from the authorities. They don't play by the rules like the other heroes do. They don't care about collateral damage. The only thing that actually should differentiate them from RAID, The Hand, AIM and The Maggia is that they actually want to build a better world where as the other evil factions want to create a dystopia.

RAID want to exterminate most of the world's population in the name of racial purity. The Hand are armed fundamentalists who worship The Beast and the Chaos King and engage in child trafficking and want a world where demons rule the Earth as immortal god kings while their leaders have forsaken their humanity and have become half-demons themselves. AIM are willing to destroy an entire city just to test weapons of mass destruction. The Maggia don't want to rule the world but they'll gladly sell weapons to ANYONE willing to buy them. In contrast HYDRA look downright saintly. We've seen HYDRA intentionally kill civilians but compared to everyone else, they're clearly the least bad and I want Thunderbolts to reflect that type of moral ambiguity.

And Shocker/Joystick banter has the potential to be hilarious. As does Atlas and Moonstone trying and failing to learn compassion.

I can see scenes like this happening just so the tone isn't totally bleak

Joystick: YAY! FIRE FIRE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

Moonstone: The building's coming down all around us. We have to get out of here!

Jolt: Helmut, there's still a child in here. We can't just leave him.

Zemo: Come with me if you want to live.

Kid: Daddy says that only bad guys wear masks

Songbird: Don't take off the mask, Helmut.

Zemo: Silence, Mel! Never forget who is in charge of this operation. (removes mask and shows his burned off face to the kid)

Kid: WWWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Songbird: I told you so.

Moonstone: Stop crying and take my hand before I beat your face in you little ****!

Kid: WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and like this

Songbird: Who tripped the alarm?

Atlas: It wasn't me... this time.

Shocker: I was positive that I disabled the alarm system. Abe, run a scan.

Mach: Nope, the one you were working on is still up.

Joystick: I pulled the alarm! (cocks gun) Time for MAXIMUM ENEMY CASUALTIES!!!!!

Songbird: Jan, are you completely nuts?

Joystick: YES!

(Shocker facepalms)

Definitely put me in the Joystick fan club. I didn't realize a lot of people found her annoying until you mentioned it.

Definitely put me in the Joystick fan club. I didn't realize a lot of people found her annoying until you mentioned it.

I wrote the above post as fanfic TBH but it was totally in character.

And Joystick is great since she's like a female Deadpool. She sadly hasn't been used in a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"