• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Rumoured New X Men Cartoon

WATXM and the latter half of Evolution all were constantly creating threads, putting things in motion, building to events and stories. Much like Avengers EMH did. Now we get a piss poor version in its place called Avengers Assemble and is much like XTAS and BTAS in that episodes are pretty self contained.

That was only possible because XTAS in its first season, and Spider-Man during the same era, took the superhero show away from single-episode one-and-done formats and changed them into season-long plot threads. The first season of XTAS keeps building upon the Sentinel threat seen in the first episode. And many of them start where the previous one left off without technically being a "Part 2."

In my opinion, the reason XTAS is comparable in scope to BTAS (and the reason that it falters) is because both took a format that most fans no longer want - the separate episode/separate story idea. Yes, there were 2- or 4-parters in XTAS but mostly the episodes are self contained. Yes, the series references events or certain characters/villains over multiple seasons, but the show as a whole never really "builds" to something.

WATXM and the latter half of Evolution all were constantly creating threads, putting things in motion, building to events and stories. Much like Avengers EMH did. Now we get a piss poor version in its place called Avengers Assemble and is much like XTAS and BTAS in that episodes are pretty self contained.

XTAS self contained? what are you talking about?

Every episode led into the next. Then you have instances where characters in season 2 were completely motivated by events in season 1 (Morph). The X-Men had their own adventures in each episode but we also saw Xavier and Magneto's journey in the savage land which was building up to the finale.

There were more stand alone episode towards the end because the series finale had already been planned but more episodes were ordered.

One Man's Worth
Proteus
Sanctuary
Beyond Good and Evil

One Man's Worth is by far my favorite 2 episode arc/extended episode in the entire run. I loved seeing Wolverine and Storm as a couple, Storm with a Mokawk, and AOA elements. There was also Fitzroy, Master Mold and Bishop. It should have been a five episode arc.

Even the "one-parters" were tied to episodes from a previous season. Look at "Courage", where Morph returns the to X-Men after his rehabilitation and had to face the Sentinels again.

Or the episode where Nightcrawler discovers that Mystique is his mother, Rogue his sister, and Graydon Creed his brother. At the end Gradyon Creed was delivered to Sabretooth.

Or how about the episode when Rogue's boyfriend Cody returns as one of the Brood. Way back in episode 1, "Night of the Sentinels", Rogue explains that she first discovered she was a mutant when she kissed her boyfriend Cody which left him in a coma.

You guys don't have to convince me. You all think it's great. Which is fine and dandy.

And i don't. I think it's just alright. And I would much prefer WatXM and seasons 3/4 of Evolution. And I guess we'll just never see eye to eye on this one. Haha.

You guys don't have to convince me. You all think it's great. Which is fine and dandy.

And i don't. I think it's just alright. And I would much prefer WatXM and seasons 3/4 of Evolution. And I guess we'll just never see eye to eye on this one. Haha.

I agree on this.

In It;s first season X-Men had sentinles storyline.Season 2 had Mr sinster and savage land.In season 3 you had out of past two parter setting up phoenix saga and after that Dark Phoenix as sequel.But after that show became indivual episodes with occasional 2 parters.Exception was the beyond good and evil 4 parter.

While early on X-Men evolution was easy to critize there was slight serialation
with how characters were introduced and magneto In background plotting.In season 2 you can see the serialation more and from mintute you had season 2 two parter which Introduced sentinles into show,Sabretooth COlossus Gambit and Pyro as magneto's acolytes It became a true X-Men animated show worthy of attention and excitemnet.

Wolverine and the X-Men Is clearly best In animation that we have had of X-Men.Yeah we can complain about roles of cyclops and Storm on show but still

X-Men evolution-It has shadowcat Instead of Jubilee.That's already a plus.for
those who complain about wolverine's role In films and his relationship with jean.This show should be popular

Wolverine and the X-Men-It's like one 26 part story.Again Shadowcat Instead of Jubilee Is a major plus

Rogue and Toad On both shows are influenced by film versions.

I just did a rewatch of the original x men series. Same with Wolverine and the X-Men. Now i'm starting Evolution rewatch.

I would love a new series tho.

I think Mark Hamill should do the voice for Wolverine, who agrees?

I'd love to see a new X-Men cartoon. The 90s series is still my favourite despite the dated animation. I liked that the art style resembled the comic books and the storylines would cover a wide range of the X-Men universe. It also has my favourite portrayals for many of the characters and the best soundtrack of all the cartoons. The only things I didn't like was how weak Jean was and how some of the X-Men like Archangel, Colossus and Nightcrawler weren't actually part of the team.

Wolverine and the X-Men was also good but I wasn't a fan of the character designs or how badly Cyclops and Storm were downplayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"