Saints Row 2

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
Yeah. Can't find a thread on this. I searched the Forum search and nothing came up.

Doesn't anyone here want this game?

-Open World in an established city from the first game.
-Said city is huge, and very detailed.
-Interesting dialogue from the NPCs, so it feels like an actual city.
-Enough side missions to keep you busy for hours outside of the story!
-Create your character to Open World with. Male or female
-Buy clothes from in game stores to further customize your character or add to storyline.
-Satchel Charges, Pistols, knives, automatic weapons, shotguns, RPGs, I think chainsaws are in SR2 as well as many other weapons
-Use people or enemies as human shields and the ability to then push/throw them.
-Cruise Control in cars
-Planes, helicopters, etc..
-Darker story from the first game and a theme of revenge.
-Gary Busey

This game will rock. It sucks that it comes out in august, cause I will have school.

You must have only searched the Microsoft forum. Saints Row 2 is also on PS3 so the thread for it is at the Misc. and Multiplatform Games forum. Here: Saints Row 2.

Meh, GTAIV blows Saints Row 2 out of the water. I know neither are out yet, but it's obvious. The first Saints was hollow and just an obvious rip-off of GTA, while very fun it can't top the original king. I praised Saints Row for awhile saying how good it was and how I hope GTAIV could top it. And it has and now Saints is just a waste of time.

Meh, GTAIV blows Saints Row 2 out of the water. I know neither are out yet, but it's obvious. The first Saints was hollow and just an obvious rip-off of GTA, while very fun it can't top the original king. I praised Saints Row for awhile saying how good it was and how I hope GTAIV could top it. And it has and now Saints is just a waste of time.

HAHA! Those were my thoughts exactly! Altho i always thought Saints Row was good only because it was the only GTA style game on the next gen and knew that GTA IV would swallow SR. I feel sorry for these guys going up directly against GTA, there is NOTHING that this game brings to the table that GTA wont have and do much better.

And yea, we got a thread on this....

I'll probably prefer Saint's Row to GTA for as long as (1) it comes out for a console I own, and (2) GTA lacks a create-a-character mode.

I'll probably prefer Saint's Row to GTA for as long as (1) it comes out for a console I own, and (2) GTA lacks a create-a-character mode.

You wont say that once you actually play GTA IV, itll be better than Saints Row in every way, they might as well just cancel SR.

Truthfully, I just play the game to mess around. The only time I do the missions is to open up more areas on the map for mayhem purposes, so it really just depends on the gameplay.

GTA is coming to to 360 and PS3, so if you have a console that can play Saints you have a console that can play GTA... I would also much rather have an extremely well devloped main character, than the random shell of a person I played as in the first Saints. (Who looks exactly like Leon from The Professional :woot: )

GTA is coming to to 360 and PS3, so if you have a console that can play Saints you have a console that can play GTA... I would also much rather have an extremely well devloped main character, than the random shell of a person I played as in the first Saints. (Who looks exactly like Leon from The Professional :woot: )

Truthfully, I just play the game to mess around. The only time I do the missions is to open up more areas on the map for mayhem purposes, so it really just depends on the gameplay.

Like I said, story and character development is moot. I just play the game to screw around.

I enjoyed SR the original massively.

Judging by GTA4 reviews, it'll blow it our the window.

BUT I'll still get SR2.....Seems as if there's more customization, planes, a bigger city etc.

SR1 did ALOT of things right - free aiming, controls, general feeling etc

The city did lack character, but I enjoyed it alot!

Is Saint's Row 2 in the same city as the first was? If so...what the hells the god damn point?

It underwent 15 years of developement. It's like revisiting a town you were born in, but was raised somewheres else.

It doesnt matter, the city wont feel nearly as alive as Liberty City will.

So this game takes place 15 years after the first? And your character is just now resurfacing to take his revenge?

Exploding on a boat takes a lot out of a man... and he possible had to get a sex change.

Update: Got GTA4, it seems pretty good, but the controls are crap for the 360 at least. I'm gonna try and stick with it, but the SR controls were far more intuitive.

Update: Got GTA4, it seems pretty good, but the controls are crap for the 360 at least. I'm gonna try and stick with it, but the SR controls were far more intuitive.

I agree. The SR controls were MUUUUCH better.

GTA4 ROCKS....But they should've gone with SR free aiming. Even the running/walking felt better in SR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"