Saints Row 2

i want saints row 2

it is soo much better that any gta game

You're laughing but I have GTA4. Awesome game, but SR2 shows more promise. GTA4 is graphically an amazing game, and from the amount of work put into it you can see there is an insane amount of detail. The story is entertaining and the characters are good too.

However:
-Most of the music sucks, and you don't have an option to go to the music store to just buy a song you like. 360 owners have it good, since we can play out own music when playing.
-You play as a tall skinny eastern european who's like thirty something. He's cool, but he's not relatable. I found an outfit that makes him look cool. It's like a leisure suit, but the clothing options aren't that cool.
-Driving can be awkward at times.
-When you initially buy the game, you have to earn your right to play in "manhattan" and "New jersey", Algoquin and Alderny respectively. Why pay sixty bucks of real world money to have virtual police wait until I finish story for a free roam game. And it's not even like you can sneak over or anything...if you try to get over it's automatically a 6-star. In SR you can, from the beginning, go wherever you want. SR2 will follow suit..
-"Homies" Honestly, the only comparable GTA to SR is San Andreas. In GTA4, you're mostly on your own and you can't clearly see your partner's health if you even have a partner for your mission. In SR, you can free roam WITH a partner! And in SR2 the partner doesn't even have to be AI.
-Online...GTA copied SR for the online.

Which reminds me, a few things were borrowed from SR that were not in previous GTA games.

-Cell phone and everything involving that
-GPS
-The more fluid, ragdoll-esque bodies..to name a few

I'm not saying SR invented these things or that they are solidly SR traits, BUT..How can people treat SR like some kind of half-assed copy when even Rockstar acknowledged cool gameplay mechanics?

Playing the game makes me want SR2 more. Disagree, you will, but Yes...to me it WILL BE a better game.

I'm a fan of Saint's Row, no matter how much people knock it. :o

I'm curious to see where they're taking the story and s**t after that cliffhanger.

I'm a fan of Saint's Row, no matter how much people knock it. :o

I'm curious to see where they're taking the story and s**t after that cliffhanger.

It took me awhile to really get into Saints Row, but I soon found myself hooked and I really got interested in where they could take a sequel. The online was pretty fun, but I really liked the custom characters. Made me feel like I was really a "thug":o

So I'm ready for Saints Row 2, but I wouldn't say SR is better than GTA IV at all. They are each good in their own ways.

WeRd. I didn't expect to like it because that stuff usually doesn't appeal to me, but I played the demo and was blown away. Got it the day after.

The thing about 2 that's really pulling me are civilian body shields. HAWT!!

You're laughing but I have GTA4. Awesome game, but SR2 shows more promise. GTA4 is graphically an amazing game, and from the amount of work put into it you can see there is an insane amount of detail. The story is entertaining and the characters are good too.

However:
-Most of the music sucks, and you don't have an option to go to the music store to just buy a song you like. 360 owners have it good, since we can play out own music when playing.
-You play as a tall skinny eastern european who's like thirty something. He's cool, but he's not relatable. I found an outfit that makes him look cool. It's like a leisure suit, but the clothing options aren't that cool.
-When you initially buy the game, you have to earn your right to play in "manhattan" and "New jersey", Algoquin and Alderny respectively. Why pay sixty bucks of real world money to have virtual police wait until I finish story for a free roam game. And it's not even like you can sneak over or anything...if you try to get over it's automatically a 6-star. In SR you can, from the beginning, go wherever you want. SR2 will follow suit..
-"Homies" Honestly, the only comparable GTA to SR is San Andreas. In GTA4, you're mostly on your own and you can't clearly see your partner's health if you even have a partner for your mission. In SR, you can free roam WITH a partner! And in SR2 the partner doesn't even have to be AI.

Which reminds me, a few things were borrowed from SR that were not in previous GTA games.

-GPS

I'm not saying SR invented these things or that they are solidly SR traits, BUT..How can people treat SR like some kind of half-assed copy when even Rockstar acknowledged cool gameplay mechanics?

Playing the game makes me want SR2 more. Disagree, you will, but Yes...to me it WILL BE a better game.

In GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas, the player has been limited to the first island or city. As you progress further in the game, the other islands or cities are then unlocked. This is nothing new for the GTA series.

I found the "homies" from San Andreas to be useless. They would always get in my line of fire. I used them only once in the game and that was only when I had to. I haven't made it very far in GTA 4 but if this feature wasn't carried over from San Andreas, that's fine with me.

Online has always been "meh" for me, so if it was copied or not, no biggie. Besides, there was a small multiplayer aspect for the original GTA and I think GTA2, but if I recall them right, they were simply races. The single player aspect has been the main focus of the series, especially on the consoles when online multiplayer was either nonexistent or in it's infancy.

Rag doll physics have been in many games over the years since it was first appeared in a video game 10 years ago. It was simply a matter of time that it made it's way into a GTA game.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if another developer of a sandbox-type game takes aspects or features from GTA 4 and pushes them further. Rockstar would then respond in either the downloadable content for GTA 4 or even in GTA 5 by taking other aspects or features from other developer's games and push them further in turn.

WeRd. I didn't expect to like it because that stuff usually doesn't appeal to me, but I played the demo and was blown away. Got it the day after.

The thing about 2 that's really pulling me are civilian body shields. HAWT!!

Well that's one thing I hadn't heard about yet. I"m all for that!! Just get a cop and bam, instant pig shield:woot:

What other updates about this game am I missing. Well, updates from the last 2 months I should say.

Uh oh, that means Saints Row 2 is copying off of The Getaway, that had human shields.

I can't believe that there is really a thread where people are this delusional!!! GTA3 is a better game than SR:o

Because Saints Row WAS a half assed copy of GTA, the ONLY reason that game sold so well was because there was NO GTA on the next gen systems. You can combine the sales from SR and SR2(when the game hits) and they wont equal GTA IV. Saints Row is a joke compared to GTA IV, a sad, sad joke. NO industry publication/outlet will think Saints Row 2 will be better than GTA IV, no one. It wont get better reviews and its sales will PALE in comparison to GTA. THQ needs to save itself from the embarrassment and just drop the game altogether.

SR2 shows more promise.

You'll be absolutely alone on that one, well besides the other few oddballs.

Right, but playing as a silent gangster with no name is relateable?????

Only if you don't know what the hell you are doing

-When you initially buy the game, you have to earn your right to play in "manhattan" and "New jersey", Algoquin and Alderny respectively.

Easy solution for a really picky and completely asinine problem:
Take the game online, explore all ya want through the free roam, there are no restrictions.

Yet NO one played it, but GTA IV is the most played game through Live, hmm what happened there? Oh, i know, Rockstar made online actually fun.

-GPS

Saints Row just happened to release a next gen "gta" first, albeit a very shallow version of a "gta". Saints Row 2 will be no different and COMPLETELY overshadowed by GTA IV and its forth coming expansions.

The reason SR2 isn't going to be good, is because it's doing what Vice City did with GTA3. Adding helicopters, motorcycles, a few new weapons and new abilities, but it will essentially still be the same game as the first.

They didn't have GTAIV to copy from, so they won't have any of the innovations.

yeah except unlike saints row, vice city and gta3 were good.

Anyone who think Saints Row isnt good, but likes the GTA series, OBVIOUSLY hasn't played Saints Row.

I personally thinks Saints Row will be twice as fun as GTA4 - Which lacks in the fun department.

I personally was let down by GTA4, and I have a feeling, Saints Row will offer the better "sand box" experience......

I do think though that Sainst Row 2 went in the wrong direction about making the game with street thugs - thats getting a bit old now after San Andreas, True Crime, and the original Saints Row....

They should've focused it more around a mature organized crime unit.....

BUT HEY, FUN IS FUN!!

If Saints Row developers are clever, they'd just give us a San Andreas type experience.

gta 4 lacks alot for me, in gta sa cj became blade had the custom car, the bike the super jump cheat and sword and then soon after it would be arnie in comando in full army gear and hunting cops in the forest (hmm more like rambo then ) then next time i would be doning crazy stuff in the plane. My point is gta sa was versitile. SR had a very simular quality but the story wore thin on me but that said the custome charicter was fantasic and the online although glitchy at times was fun and i loved the way of putting my custome music in the game that didnt play over cutseens. What im trying to say is i enjoyed it at the time but it faded but gta 4 just had too many issues for my taste the customisation was too limited its took me until killing a certen charicter to get a black leather jacket. I loved the story but just felt the rest of the game didnt have the replay that GTA SA did. That said i then moved on to rock band. Sorry for the rant but im not sure I will buy SR2 just been burnt too bad by gta4

Anyone who think Saints Row isnt good, but likes the GTA series, OBVIOUSLY hasn't played Saints Row.

GTA 4 has done everything that Saints Row did and did it MUCH better. Dont forget that Saints Row basically took a carbon copy of GTA and added the next gen touch to it. Well, now we have a true next gen GTA experience in GTA IV, SR2 wont come close to topping that.

I personally thinks Saints Row will be twice as fun as GTA4 - Which lacks in the fun department.

I guess to each his own.

Saints Row will offer the better "sand box" experience......

No. Saints Row 2 will do little to nothing better than GTA IV. Liberty City will be MUCH more alive than Stillwater would ever hope to be.

If Saints Row developers are clever, they'd just give us a San Andreas type experience.

What, a HUGE area with absolutley nothing to do in it?

I personally was let down by GTA4, and I have a feeling, Saints Row will offer the better "sand box" experience......

I do think though that Sainst Row 2 went in the wrong direction about making the game with street thugs - thats getting a bit old now after San Andreas, True Crime, and the original Saints Row....

They should've focused it more around a mature organized crime unit.....

BUT HEY, FUN IS FUN!!

i played saints row. i thought it sucked.

New Trailer

Saints Row 2 vs. GTAIV
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882586/saints-row-2/videos/saintsrow2_trailer_060408.html

I have to say, the graphics look awful.

I love the shots at GTA IV, however, i think thats a bad move on their part. They need to almost market this as if GTA IV doesn't exist because Volition doesn't hold a candle to Rockstar and GTA IV. They cant possibly expect to go toe to toe with GTA IV and win, i mean they cant be that stupid. Also, it looks as if they are making the same mistake that San Andreas made, which is giving you a bunch of completely out of place and over the top ridiculous activities just to say ' o yea, you can do that in our game'. This is the reason this game wont come close to touching Rockstars creation, its all flash with absolutely NO substance.

Id also expect the DLC thatll be coming out to be better than the sum of Saints Row 2, so its kinda of a loss cause any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"