Salt

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22499

Source: Variety
July 22, 2007

Columbia Pictures is in talks with Terry George (Hotel Rwanda, upcoming Reservation Road) to direct Edwin A. Salt, a Kurt Wimmer-scripted drama that is being developed as a star vehicle for Tom Cruise, reports Variety. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash are producing.

The studio's hope is for Cruise to play the title character, a CIA officer who is fingered by a defector as a Russian sleeper spy. Salt must elude capture by his superiors and sets out to reunite with his family and prove his innocence.

Cruise has been busy this year making the Robert Redford-directed Lions for Lambs and the Bryan Singer-directed Valkyrie for United Artists.

He has been eyeing several other projects for his next film. Another possibility is a remake of the Doris Dorrie-directed German comedy Men, which has director Todd Phillips attached at Warner Bros.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22499

July 22, 2007

Columbia Pictures is in talks with Terry George (Hotel Rwanda, upcoming Reservation Road) to direct Edwin A. Salt, a Kurt Wimmer-scripted drama that is being developed as a star vehicle for Tom Cruise, reports Variety. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash are producing.

The studio's hope is for Cruise to play the title character, a CIA officer who is fingered by a defector as a Russian sleeper spy. Salt must elude capture by his superiors and sets out to reunite with his family and prove his innocence.

Cruise has been busy this year making the Robert Redford-directed Lions for Lambs and the Bryan Singer-directed Valkyrie for United Artists.

He has been eyeing several other projects for his next film. Another possibility is a remake of the Doris Dorrie-directed German comedy Men, which has director Todd Phillips attached at Warner Bros.

Is Tommy Boy trying hard for an Oscar or something?

I see...I just notice he is doing a lot of bio pics.

Tom Cruise deserved an Oscar a long time ago.
I hope that he gets one in the next couple of years.

Sounds Interesting....he certainly has a full plate

he better be careful...he might get type-casted as the super secret spy type. he's already done 3 mission: impossibles. now he's doing Valkyrie and then he's gonna do this...

yeah but he fits the part well and he is always interesting to watch in these types of movies, plus he is Tom Cruise he wont get type cast. I think he is trying to win his credibility back, which i think he never lost, but good on his part.

I gotta say, I was curious as to how the United Artists deal would affect his career - it's so hard to picture him away from Paramount - but he's really flourishing, it seems. I'm just hoping that Hardy Men doesn't ruin any credibility he wins back with Lions for Lambs, Valkeyrie, and Edwin A. Salt.

Agreed, he should have gotten it for Born On July 4th! :mad:

I totally agree, that or Jerry Maguire. Maybe even for Interview With a Vampire. That was an amazing movie.

I totally agree, that or Jerry Maguire. Maybe even for Interview With a Vampire. That was an amazing movie.

Jerry Maguire was very impressive movie, probably one of the best Cruise's films :up:

Well, I thought Interview with the Vampire was nice movie, but some storylines and directon of storytelling disappointed me a bit.

Jerry Maguire was very impressive movie, probably one of the best Cruise's films :up:

Well, I thought Interview with the Vampire was nice movie, but some storylines and directon of storytelling disappointed me a bit.

True, on vampire, still though his performance was just awesome ecspecially at the end when he pops up on Christian Slater. Damn I need to watch it again.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40336

Berg to Helm Cruise in Edwin A. Salt?
Source: Entertainment Weekly
December 19, 2007

Entertainment Weekly reports that Columbia Pictures is eyeing the studio's Hancock director Peter Berg to helm Edwin A. Salt, the Kurt Wimmer-scripted drama that is being developed as a star vehicle for Tom Cruise.

According to the magazine, Columbia hopes to get the movie into production by March to avoid any interuptions due to the potential actors strike. The two parties have yet to start negotiations.

In the film, Edwin A. Salt is a CIA officer who is fingered by a defector as a Russian sleeper spy. Salt must elude capture by his superiors and sets out to reunite with his family and prove his innocence.

:up: to Berg....I still need to see The Kingdom :(

Solid choices by Cruise

Looking forward to this. Read some good things about the script.
With Berg at the helm and Cruise infront, this could be a great movie.

I see...I just notice he is doing a lot of bio pics.

:huh:

What bio pics?

The only one I can think of is Born on The Fourth of July but that was a long time ago.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/12/2...e-talking-with-tom-cruise-about-edwin-a-salt/

Meanwhile, Berg also confirmed that even before “Dune,” he’s likely to direct Tom Cruise in his next film. Berg called the script about a CIA agent on the run after being accused of being a spy “great” and “a great role for Tom.”

Berg described the story as an “action thriller” and that “the audience is trying to figure out whether this character is good or bad. He’s claiming one thing and we’re not sure up until the very end.”

When asked if he’s met with Cruise himself yet, Berg said “we’ve been talking.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46445

Phillip Noyce to Direct Edwin A. Salt
July 1, 2008

Phillip Noyce is negotiating to direct Edwin A. Salt, the Kurt Wimmer-scripted drama that Columbia Pictures has been developing as a star vehicle for Tom Cruise, reports Variety.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash are producing.

The Australian helmer and Cruise had been mentioned as possible participants in the Warner Bros. drama The 28th Amendment, but recently their focus shifted to "Salt." The drama casts Cruise as a CIA officer who's accused by a defector of being a Russian sleeper spy. He must elude capture long enough to clear his name.

Though he hasn't firmly committed, Cruise has stayed with the film as Wimmer wrote drafts for directors Terry George and then Peter Berg before each ankled.

Would have preferred Berg....not a bad choice though. I hope 28th Amendment doesn't go away though.

:huh:

What bio pics?

The only one I can think of is Born on The Fourth of July but that was a long time ago.

Valkyrie is the other bio pic Cruise has done I can't think of any others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"