Salt

love Noyce, Catch a Fire was brilliant.

I bet Cruise is feeling salty.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kill me.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/892/892113p1.html

Cruise Un-Salted
Star reportedly won't topline Noyce thriller.
by Jim Vejvoda

US, July 18, 2008 - Tom Cruise will reportedly no longer star in the Columbia Pictures thriller Edwin A. Salt, which Phillip Noyce will direct from a script by Kurt Wimmer.

Fox 411 columnist Roger Friedman claims that "Cruise is out, and I'm told it's because of money. Apparently, Tom is unaware of the change in his status in the Hollywood community. Where once he was the top-paid star, Cruise now is in a position where a $20 million salary is not possible. I'm told an internal memo went around among the film's producers and top creators in which the Cruise situation was discussed and names were gathered for a replacement."

Edwin A. Salt revolves around a CIA officer who's accused of being a Russian spy. He then faces a race against time to elude the authorities, clear his name and rescue his family.

Cruise Still Set for Edwin A. Salt
Source: Moviehole
July 19, 2008

Fox News' Roger Friedman is reporting that Tom Cruise is set to be replaced by Will Smith in the Phillip Noyce drama, Edwin A. Salt. The problem is, it's not true.

Moviehole reports: "We can confirm that this isn't true - none of it. High-ranking contacts within the production tell us - and we quote - "The studio, producers, director and potential star (Cruise) are all waiting on a rewrite of the script from Kurt Wimmer, which is due in a few weeks. Will Smith has not been approached to star. Cruise is the only actor who has been approached."

The Columbia Pictures release is about a CIA officer who is fingered by a defector as a Russian sleeper spy. Salt must elude capture by his superiors and sets out to reunite with his family and prove his innocence.

I would have liked to have seen what Smith could have brought to the role, but since Cruise is still attached, I'm very excited. Could be a big role for him.

Yes, you read the headline correctly. Angelina Jolie has officially replaced Tom Cruise in Philip Noyce’s upcoming thriller Edwin A. Salt. Kurt Wimmer’s screenplay follows a CIA officer who is fingered as a Russian sleeper spy, and must eludes capture while proving that someone else is the traitor. The script will be redrafted to account for the gender change, and the project will be retitled (likely with the name of Jolie’s character). In Wimmer’s original draft, Salt is described as an friendly everyman. I’m guessing that this aspect might also change in the Jolie rewrite - I mean, who is going to confuse Jolie for the “everywoman”? The project has been circled by a few big name stars and appeared on the coveted 2007 black list.

Link: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/11/angelina-jolie-replaces-tom-cruise/

I didn't expect this coming. Could be an interesting change, though.

Wtf!!!! Wonder what the hell happened.....

Why re-write the script for a woman...Wasn't the script the best part?

I'm pretty sure the salary rumors were false.....not 100% though.

How is it greedy to expect your salary ? plus not one article on this change has said it has anything to do with money, Cruise apparently wasn't happy on how it was shaping up and moved on, the studio was in a panic until Jolie showed interest. If they were panicking they would do what studios do, throw money at the problem, so clearly not a factor in Cruise choosing to leave the film.

I hope and pray there joking.....it sounds like a bad Wayans Bros joke. :csad:

Haha! That title actually went through my mind to put in my first post about this change.

I think Will Smith wouldn't have been a bad replacement. I mean, Angelina Jolie is an interesting choice...

I would have been fine with that...I'm not a big fan a re-write especially going from Male to Female...

Hollywood Reporter
Tom Cruise: Food Fight!!!!!!
Mon, 11 August 2008 at 9:32 pm

Since passing off his role in Edwin A. Salt to Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise is rumored to be joining the warmhearted comedy Food Fight.

The 46-year-old actor would play the role of a snooty New York chef who is forced to cook meals at a school cafeteria, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Tom’s move to genre of comedy comes after his much buzzed-about, movie-stealing performance in Tropic Thunder, in which he plays a fat, bald, over-the-top studio exec. The film opens in theaters everywhere this Wednesday, August 13.
Words can't describe :csad:

I'm interested to see how they switch around all the storylines.
I guess if there is one female that could be kick ass and pull it off it is Angelina Jolie....the decision is just so abrupt. I'm sure there has to be alot of little tinkering.

Kurt Wimmer has a long month or two ahead of him.

And I'm still surprised that Tom Cruise left. The story, character... all sounded so akin to him as an actor.

:dry:.......I guess that needs it's own thread.....I can barely contain my excitement......

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"