Sam Raimi pulls EGM Spider-Man 3 VG Article.

Spider-Bite said:
I believe they ****ed up Venom, and that is why we haven't seen him yet. We know he has a huge mouth and teeth and tongue, but that doesn't automatically mean he was done right. If we still haven't seen him by the end of this coming trailer, then we know they ****ed him up, but it's possible that they ****ed him up, and then they are going to redo him, or have redone him already. You never know.

....Or venom's been done so well that, the studio wants to make eager fanboys like you wait in your own drool a bit longer (pun intended).

James"007"Bond said:
....Or venom's been done so well that, the studio wants to make eager fanboys like you wait in your own drool a bit longer (pun intended).

I agree with Bond on this one.

Raimi wanted it to be a surprise, and not spoil it, considering this article is about 8 or so months early.

I'm glad it was pulled.

I rather first see Venom as the studio intends it instead of a in game screenshot.

James"007"Bond said:

possible. that might be a good way to reenergize the hype a month or two before the movie. they don't want to the hype to wear off from getting everything too early. but the movie is getting closer now. It's about 8 months or something like that, so we should be seeing Venom in the next few months, unless they screwed him up, and they don't want word of mouth spreading "they ****ed up Venom"

That's the only reason they would try to avoid the audience seeing Venom prior to the release of the movie.

That's a shame. I dig venom, but not to a fan-boy extent and could easily wait until the movie. I don't think we'll see a full venom shot in the next trailer. I don't blame raimi...it's entirely understandable.

I only wanted to know about the damn gameplay...is it open-ended etc , and it's silly for egm not have done a spoiler-free article, I mean, what were they expecting?! :down

My guess is, Raimi wants to wait until the November trailer to reveal Venom to the public. 6 months before the movie's release.

Ebil Gig said:
Well the movie theatre right near me sells tickets for $4 and popcorn/candy for $3.And my house is pratically behind it so I don't have to waste gas:D

i live in orlando do tell where this place is? :venom:

seeing the video game version before the film would upset me, not the same. I'm a little mad at myself for checking out the bootleg comic-con version too many times.

Do we know if it was Sam's decision to pull the pics or was it Sony's, Sam seems to have been pretty open about the movie, especially talking to people during the New York shoot.

I'm kinda glad Raimi did that,
When I see Venom I want it to be the real deal, even if the game graphics are great nothing beats a newly released poster, or even a leaked pic

WTFimVENOM said:
I'm kinda glad Raimi did that,
When I see Venom I want it to be the real deal, even if the game graphics are great nothing beats a newly released poster, or even a leaked pic

Agreed. Video game images just don't carry the same weight, and I don't pay attention to game info as real spoilers anyway.

farmerfran said:
I agree with Bond on this one.

Raimi wanted it to be a surprise, and not spoil it, considering this article is about 8 or so months early.
same here.

You guys are all saying that you want to see Venom on the big screen or from the studio trailer rather than a "low quality" magazine scan, yet you guys were ALL scrambling for that leaked horrible quality footage. I don't think thats the problem, its the over support of Sam Raimi. He could take a crap on one of your lawns and you'd be telling him "Great job! How's the work on Spider-Man 3 coming along?". I'm not saying he doesnt deserve this type of ass kissing, I'm saying no one does.

I say it was a stupid thing to do and they could have just not shown Venom. I DOUBT it was the magazine that was unwilling to change the article and simply edit out the Venom pictures. It was probably just forced to be pulled entirely which sucks.

While I don't think they should've pulled the plug at the last minute, I wouldn't want a brand new character making is debut as a screenshot from a video game. I don't care how good the graphics are.

This doesn't bug me. I really don't care about the videogame.

I'm really worried about the gameplay especially after that damn dissapointment called USM. I hope we get something huge with the SM3 gameplay.

Ultimate Spider-Man wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I had a lot of fun with it though. I just wish the story was longer. And they shouldn't of changed the controls.

Tapela said:
You guys are all saying that you want to see Venom on the big screen or from the studio trailer rather than a "low quality" magazine scan, yet you guys were ALL scrambling for that leaked horrible quality footage. I don't think thats the problem, its the over support of Sam Raimi. He could take a crap on one of your lawns and you'd be telling him "Great job! How's the work on Spider-Man 3 coming along?". I'm not saying he doesnt deserve this type of ass kissing, I'm saying no one does.

I say it was a stupid thing to do and they could have just not shown Venom. I DOUBT it was the magazine that was unwilling to change the article and simply edit out the Venom pictures. It was probably just forced to be pulled entirely which sucks.
The second trailer is the perfect time to reveal Venom, or at least give us a good look at most of him. But in a sh:tty magazine for some game, that just isn't good enough, not when you can reveal it to 10s of millions of people all at once--even to the non-fans who'll be watching the new James Bond flick. They shouldn't even release a Venom poster until after we've seen him in the second trailer. :cool:

TheVileOne said:
My guess is, Raimi wants to wait until the November trailer to reveal Venom to the public. 6 months before the movie's release.
EXACTLY my conclusion...

Raimi and Sony are not dumb. They know what the fans want, TEH VENOM!, and all of us fans ARE GOING to see him when they want us to. Now I've said many times that he'll MOST LIKELY be "officially" revealed come November's new SM3 trailer. We'll probably get Brock's church scene, and a more in depth shot of the transformation. (as in a clearer, longer shot) SO fanboys and girls, do NOT worry. Raimi and Sony are taking care of us...

BTW...I know the PERFECT song for Brock at the church/Parker ripping off the suit scene....."Abandon Your Friends" by From Autumn to Ashes. Give it a listen, and PM to let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"