Sasha Calle is Supergirl

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
supergirl-sasha-calle.jpg

The Young and the Restless Daytime Emmy nominee Sasha Calle has scored the feature role of DC Universe’s new Supergirl. The Boston, MA-born Colombian actress is the first Latina Supergirl ever in DC and was chosen from more than 425 actresses who auditioned. She will make her debut in Warner Bros’ The Flash
DC’s New ‘Supergirl’ Is Actress Sasha Calle; Will Debut In ‘The Flash’ Movie – Deadline.

BossLogic with a cool design

Really happy about this casting and that the character is gonna be in the film. Someone I know online came out with a cool idea where she takes the role Superman had in the Flashpoint comic and the government have her locked up. Flash & Batman rescue her and she teams up with them for the second half of the film. Then at the end she’s taken to the Kent Farm.

I like that introduction, a lot and makes sense for her absence

I'd hoped for a younger actress, younger than Melissa Benoist to set her apart and allow for a full origin story from a teen's pov if they did a spin-off. Her announcement video was enough to win me over at this point, though. Hope her role in the movie is substantial and that they set her up in a cool way.

I love that she's Colombian, too! Missed that one.

I like her so far. Her Supergirl look won’t bother me if she’s blonde, brunette or brunette with blonde highlights. As long as she embodies the part, that’s all that matters.

She doesnt really look like the comic book version. Hopefully she will look more comic book accurate in the film.

Not seen her act, so that I cant comment on yet.

So they announce a week alter they are rebooting superman.....

either the two are connected, or they are not...

my guess is they are going down a non earth one, Clark Kent route so this is not the cousin of the rebooted.

I haven't seen her act, but I am still excited about finally getting a new cinematic Supergirl in so... very... long! Would I have rather a younger, teenage version? Sure. Blonde? Sure. That''s the look I grew up with. Even if they colored her hair, as ,similarly, I was more than fine with Alba's portrayal of Susan Storm.

51a5CXMJuXL._AC_.jpg

But I would also be fine if they embraced her darker coloring, and indeed changed up the entire look, to suit the new actress.

Supergirl-will-be-in-the-Flash-movie-actress-Sasha-Calle.jpg

Yeah, the "it looks like Cir-El" thing is a bit funny, i doubt most people have even read those comics she appeared in.

If it actually is Cir-El ill accept it I suppose. But I doubt it is. Its just some sort of "avoid heroes with blond hair" thing DC films has had going for them for years.

She also could have cut her hair to help a wig fit better. She had pretty thick, long dark hair and if they do go down the Kara route, a blonde wig would be easier than bleaching her hair and would definitely sit better with cropped hair.

Yeah, that's a good point. Hollywood does use wigs a lot.

Apparently, somebody did some fan art of Saha with her shorter haircut and she retweeted it with the caption "Incredible".
It might be worth digging that up.

I hope they aren't down playing the girl part... I get it, girls come in all styles, but super girl is known for certain qualities.

Apparently, somebody did some fan art of Saha with her shorter haircut and she retweeted it with the caption "Incredible".
It might be worth digging that up.
One of the producers also liked fanart of 'Cir-El' or whatever her name is

Maybe people are reaching but signs are pointing to her not being Kara

If she straight up isn't Kara, then...call me when we get the real Supergirl. I don't even know why they'd do that when the only movie with Supergirl was thirty-seven years ago.

Is the GA terribly invested in Supergirl's hair color?

I don't know that they're invested. It's probably one of the few things a lot of them would know about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"