Sasha Calle is Supergirl

Never seen her. Trying to imagine her as a blonde.

She's a good actress.

There are tons of clips of her on Youtube for anyone interested in getting a sense of her acting.

She's got my support 100%.

The above picture isn't Sasha Calle.

This is Calle.
sasha-calle-supergirl-social-featured.png

sasha-calle-birthday-2020-yr-hw.jpg

sasha-calle-lands-supergirl-role-yr-hw.jpg

I'm curious whether they're going to pull a Barry Allen & Arthur Curry on us and ditch the blonde hair...

Giving her age, Im guessing she'll be around 18 in the film

Never seen her before, but the vid of her getting the role was pretty awesome to see. I'm more excited for her than anything lol.

I look at her now and I don't see 'Supergirl' at all. But I know there's plenty of time for Hollywood to work its magic.

I look at her now and I don't see 'Supergirl' at all. But I know there's plenty of time for Hollywood to work its magic.
I don't see it either.
Shame they don't try harder and get someone like Elle Fanning.
Because IT IS possible to have made a name for oneself before playing Supergirl.

The meltdown on social media over this from Snyder fans, Superman fans, Supergirl TV fans and quite frankly people who are flat out racist has been ridiculous.

Sasha Calle has just landed the biggest the role of her career and people with unlimited broadband do nothing but throw hate and complain. I swear if I were a famous actor I’d have no social media.

Here you go guys! This is a facelift I did on an amazing fan art I found on Google back in the Man of Steel days!

View attachment 43144

Brilliant work mate.

I don't see it either.
Shame they don't try harder and get someone like Elle Fanning.
Because IT IS possible to have made a name for oneself before playing Supergirl.

She won the role over more than 400 actresses, she had great chemistry with Miller but because she’s not the typical look for Supergirl they didn’t try hard enough?

These Fancast’s are ridiculous, oh she is a blonde actress so she must be right. I swear Fancast’s are always stupid, because someone looks like the comic book version. There’s more at play, they have to be able to deliver what’s on the page, have chemistry with their co stars and emulate that filmmakers vision for the character.

She won the role over more than 400 actresses, she had great chemistry with Miller but because she’s not the typical look for Supergirl they didn’t try hard enough?

These Fancast’s are ridiculous, oh she is a blonde actress so she must be right. I swear Fancast’s are always stupid, because someone looks like the comic book version. There’s more at play, they have to be able to deliver what’s on the page, have chemistry with their co stars and emulate that filmmakers vision for the character.
I don't really buy into that. Supergirl is a secondary character, it's obvious.
Let's compare with Batman. He's treated as a much more interesting character. That's why they go for more "name actors" for him. One doesn't always need to agree that the chosen actors (Affleck, Pattinson) are your personal favorites for the hero. But still, they are famous and have portrayed dark characters in the past.
Supergirl on the other hand. That's where good looks matters very much. And also that the actress is not A level, because then she would ask for more money.
For Supergirl, it's enough that an actress have done a few acting gigs in the past and done decent performances. Actual raw acting skills isn't what they want for Supergirl because the hero has never been about amazing character development. .
It's enough to have just a little acting talent, nothing more is required.

I very much doubt Elle even attended one of the auditions. Supergirl isn't an interesting character enough for that kind of actresses.
But if all the famous young actresses would fight to get the role, and all of them speaking about it in media, and say they were willing to get less money for it because it's a dream role, and then they attend auditions.
Then it's not that unlikely one of them could be cast. Because they have real acting chops, it's what gave them a career in the first place.
But this scenario is impossible, because no young female movie star would ever want to play Supergirl. Playing the character is not about delievering an Oscar-worthy performance, she is mostly "eye candy". That's why unknowns is the only way to go.

Supergirl is no Batman and won't ever be. She's not Spider-Man either. Just look at how many known and semi-known young actors who have really wanted to be Spidey.
We can even look at The Flash. They got Ezra. He wasn't unknown at all and that's worth to bring up. The fact that it was a mistake to hire specifically him has nothing to with his fame prior to this, but more of a personality issue.
Supergirl is a joke in comparison to most superhero characters. Even that awful Green Lantern film got a name actor in the lead. They cast the popular Ryan Reynolds, not an unknown.

Sasha Calle won the role because she was the best of all the other unknowns who auditioned.

Last edited:
Supergirl is far from a joke. She's probably the most well known female superhero after WW. Her story is plenty of interesting that they could get a big name if they wanted. She's certainly was more well known than any Marvel character that got a film outside of Capt America/Hulk.

If it were any other studio, introducing Supergirl in a film would likely mean they are setting her up for a solo franchise which is what would interest more well known actors.

The meltdown on social media over this from Snyder fans, Superman fans, Supergirl TV fans and quite frankly people who are flat out racist has been ridiculous.

Sasha Calle has just landed the biggest the role of her career and people with unlimited broadband do nothing but throw hate and complain. I swear if I were a famous actor I’d have no social media.
It's a good job that the decision has been made, and that those people have no say in the matter. There's always going to be people unfavourable toward a casting, but to get racist about it, that's just being a pathetic human being.

She wouldn't have been my first choice simply because she's an unknown to me, and I'd have gone with someone naturally blonde, as Supergirl (as far as I know) always has been, but as mentioned above, Barry and Arthur are blonde in the comics too, yet Gustin Grant and Jason Mamoa have nailed t heir performances as far as I'm concerned. Ezra remains to be seen, though I'll be looking at the Snyder Cut for his breakout performance.

For me it's solely down to how much a character means to me personally. So, I want a dark haired Batman, a dark haired Superman, a dark haired Wonder Woman, a blonde Supergirl, a blonde Power Girl (one day?), and a blonde Harley Quinn. Aquaman was never a character that meant much to me so it doesn't bother me that they changed his hair colour. And Momoa rocked it. Likewise, I've never been a huge Flash fan, so that change doesn't bother me. The more the character means to me, the more I want to see what's on the page up there on the screen.

Brilliant work mate.

Thank you!

And I agree with your point as well. If someone was chosen over 400 people... They obviously have something no one else has to bring the character to life. People were complaining about Gal because she didn't have blue eyes. And honestly, I never take first reactions from fans about casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"