Supergirl Movie Casting

EditNinja

Civilian
Reaction score
After watching Amber Heard in Drive Angry, I couldn't stop thinking of her as Supergirl. There are dozens of actresses who could play Kara, but I thought I'd start with some fan-art and a video:

AmberHeardAsSupergirlBannerByEditNinja.jpg

...and a 1 minute trailer:

[YT]http://youtu.be/SV6aR2af6oI[/YT]

Thoughts? Who could play a convincing Supergirl?

He!! NO to Michael Bay! But I'd like to see a Supergirl movie out.

Amber would've been great, but at 25 she might be a little too old now for a teenaged Kara. She doesn't look like a teenager. She is gorgeous though.

They need an unkown for Supergirl in my opinion and a Superman needs to have Superman in it. That was one of the main problems with the 1984 movie. I keep hoping Tarsem Singh gets to direct a superhero film so he'd be my choice for director.

I think Jennifer Lawrence would be far more perfect as Supergirl than Wonder Woman :)

I don't think Superman needs to show but I would definitely defer to the MOS for the visual connectivity.

And not have her set up in Metropolis.

You want the movie to be able to stand on its own.

Ehhh...y'know, the times that I've thought about a possible Supergirl movie in recent years, I've really started to lean more and more AGAINST the idea of Superman putting in any sort of physical on-screen appearance.

If a Supergirl movie would ever happen, the actress to play her is probably 8 now...

Cavill is playing a young Year One Superman in 2013's Man of Steel, and people are suggesting actresses around the same age as him :/

I'm thinking we won't see anything Supergirl-related till the Snyder films are done, if anything.

Same reasons we didn't get Robin in the Batman Begins trilogy.

Once the family gets their share of the rights back, Superman becomes a paid for commodity. DC will always own Supergirl so if you can make it for say Underworld budget, they probably would listen.

Amber would have been a great Supergirl a few years back. I'm gonna say Kristen Stewart just to piss people off.

I dont think they would have to go with a teenaged Supergirl. Introducing her as a young adult would be fine with me so Amber would still be good.

Or Katie Cassidy.

But it would be best I think to introduce her in a Superman film. Just follow the Girl From Krypton storyline with some tweaking so you have Darksied as the villan for Supes and then give her, her own film.

Once the family gets their share of the rights back, Superman becomes a paid for commodity. DC will always own Supergirl so if you can make it for say Underworld budget, they probably would listen.

A Supergirl without Superman would be stupid in my opinion it doesnt make sense for him to not be there at all.

I don't know if you can really do a Supergirl solo movie, she's only ever going work as a supporting character in a Superman film IMO. I'm not against her being the backbone to the story of a Superman film, but I think a solo film really doesn't work, I don't think she's a strong enough character (no pun intended) to warrant her own movie series.

I don't know if you can really do a Supergirl solo movie, she's only ever going work as a supporting character in a Superman film IMO. I'm not against her being the backbone to the story of a Superman film, but I think a solo film really doesn't work, I don't think she's a strong enough character (no pun intended) to warrant her own movie series.

You might be right but a team up movie with the two would be good.

Imogen Poots is a good actress, but I think Saoirse Ronan is better.

I have to admit I liked
Laura Vandervoort as Kara/Supergirl. But it will never happen in a film

I think if they did something similar to SGs current arc it would make for a good movie. Only problem would be using a recongizable villain.

A Supergirl without Superman would be stupid in my opinion it doesnt make sense for him to not be there at all.

You're thinking of it as a Superman movie without Superman.

I'm talking about expanding Superman's world. Kara in another city trying to live her own life. Why exactly does Superman need to be there?

At a certain point, the idea of Superman's years in Smallville without his costume and such was ludicrous but we all see how that went.

I think if they did something similar to SGs current arc it would make for a good movie. Only problem would be using a recongizable villain.

Bingo. The mysterious disappearance of Argo City as a trilogy.

You're thinking of it as a Superman movie without Superman.

I'm talking about expanding Superman's world. Kara in another city trying to live her own life. Why exactly does Superman need to be there?

At a certain point, the idea of Superman's years in Smallville without his costume and such was ludicrous but we all see how that went.

I'm not saying Superman should have the whole movie but he should be there for her in the beginning i.e. like a mentor figure. For me its stupid without him been there. I actually think he could have a role like he did in the current run on Supergirl in the New 52.

As for the dig at Smallville its a matter of opinion if it went well or not but either way it was a success.

Amber would have been a great Supergirl a few years back. I'm gonna say Kristen Stewart just to piss people off.

If she were still 20 or slightly younger, Amber would indeed have been great as Supergirl. She does have that innocent look about her too, and looks like a comic book heroine.

Kate Upton.

Not unless you want a Supergirl who sounds as thick as two short planks. She would seem so airheaded that she'd be more concerned about something else trivial like breaking a nail than saving the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"