Supergirl Movie Casting

I definitely would love to see a SuperGirl movie... That would be awesome!

I'd prefer; Amber Heard, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots, or katie cassidy.

Imogen Poots and AnnaSophie Robb are really good suggestions.
The actress chosen depends on what they wanna do with the character. Either they could have her really beautiful (the latter) or sort of "alien" in the look department (the former).

But perhaps the best one for the part could be Laura Vandervoort. Her portrayal of Kara is way better than Slater's.
It would be a bit of a let down if they didn't pick her, because she's perfect.

Not that it matters, but she is born the same year as the (last) film came out. Just a fun fact, for the sake of it.

I definitely would love to see a SuperGirl movie... That would be awesome!

I'd prefer; Amber Heard, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots, or katie cassidy.

Ugh. She's terrible enough on Arrow. She'd be awful as Kara.

I want Katheryn Winnick from Vikings, but she is 35, too old?

I want Katheryn Winnick from Vikings, but she is 35, too old?

Considering that Supergirl in the Man of Steel movie universe is over a thousand years old, I'd say that Winnick is much, much too young for the role.

But hey...I guess people are already wanting a reboot...its been 2 months already, time to wipe away the past and start over!

The shot of the open pod is way too "Checov's gun" for it not to have been meant to follow up in a sequel. I am not against Batman appearing the way some are, but him being in the follow up most likely means that if they did have some plans for Kara they're tabled now for sure. Of course once casting is actually announced for S/B who knows? We could be in for a treat.

As for casting? I have no clue, but I want a truly young looking Kara. Why call her Supergirl if you're going to cast an actress over 21yrs old?

An actual 14 year old Supergirl would be awesome!!!!

We had a couple of candidates for that, but one of them is too old, another (her sister) would have to start making the movie this year or the next, another is already a superhero in a franchise, another could have been Kara/Supergirl a while ago, but WB's been ****ing up how they've handled Superman generally so she's out, so I say that a casting call similar to how Hailee Steinfeld was cast in True Grit will suffice-and she has to be 14-15! Otherwise, what's the point of having Supergirl be a teenage girl?

I don't think they would have to go with a teenaged Supergirl. Introducing her as a young adult would be fine with me so Amber would still be good.

Or Katie Cassidy.

But it would be best I think to introduce her in a Superman film. Just follow the Girl From Krypton storyline with some tweaking so you have Darksied as the villain for Supes and then give her, her own film.

As I said above, if Supergirl/Kara's not 16, what's the point of her being Supergirl? Might as well have her be Superwoman.

Last edited:
The shot of the open pod is way too "Checov's gun" for it not to have been meant to follow up in a sequel. I am not against Batman appearing the way some are, but him being in the follow up most likely means that if they did have some plans for Kara they're tabled now for sure. Of course once casting is actually announced for S/B who knows? We could be in for a treat.

As for casting? I have no clue, but I want a truly young looking Kara. Why call her Supergirl if you're going to cast an actress over 21yrs old?

You're giving the team behind Man of Steel the benefit of the doubt that they understand basic rules of storytelling? This is a movie that thought it was teaching a lesson of inspiring hope in others, but used brute force over a weaker opponent to try to inspire that hope.

Hell...I'm still baffled why comic fans not only accept the watering down of characters, but seem to prefer it. Why do anything anything with Blue Beetle, Booster Gold etc...why try AT ALL...when the public prefers that you just put someone in a costume that looks like Superman, Batman or Flash? "We need another character to catch on with the public." "Um...how about Kid...oh, I don't know...Flash??" "GENIUS! That will be easier than developing a fanbase for a new logo! Like Flash? It's that, but YOUNGER!" And suddenly being the fastest man alive is meaningless because if you get killed, there are half a dozen people that can easily fill your shoes. And don't even get me started on Green Lantern, and how basically anyone seems qualified to wear the thousands of rings they have floating around. Earth is full of guys who are qualified to wear that ring, should anything happen to the guys currently wearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"