Iron Man 2 Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlett did a terrific job! I demand a spin-off! :D

I'm surprised they didn't release Natasha's modeling pics.

I'm surprised they didn't release Natasha's modeling pics.

Yeah!
What the hell thinks Paramount?
None photo shoot of one of the sexiest female character in films history!!!??? Only two photoshopped pictures?
Go hell!!! :cmad:

Last edited:
First time I watched the movie I didn't even catch the "she modeled in Japan" thing.

This is not a troll, just an opinion.

As the "Black Widow" ScarJo is just there for eye candy and shock value. In the action department, the Hammer-hallway scene was pretty neat, but its both the stunt double and editors who mostly did the work.

At least she served a purpose in the plot.... no matter how "phoned in" it was

As the "Black Widow" ScarJo is just there for eye candy and shock value. In the action department, the Hammer-hallway scene was pretty neat, but its both the stunt double and editors who mostly did the work.

What shock value :huh:

I really wish that they would have acknowledged that 90% of Black Widow's offense are pro wrestling moves that real people can pull of without any strings attached in front of a live audience surrounding them. I really wasn't oogled by any of the moves she did. Pretty damn basic for a lot of guys actually. Hurricarana here, flying headscissors there.

geeez we get it you didnt like her...are you really going to spend your free time in here whinning about it

I really don't get the need to try and tear down the Black Widow character. It really seems like the character is drawing a lot of fire where it really isn't warranted. I mean, at best she was a cool nod to the expanding MCU and at worst she is a superfluous character. Personally, I thought the character did what she was there to do which was look good, provide another connection to SHIELD, and showcase her combat skills. What's the big deal?

yeah black widow wasnt intended to be a main character you knuckleheads

My only problem with her was that Scarlet should have practiced that leg sweep a lot more. When she did it in the film she did it incredibly slow. Lucky the guy she did the move to had his upper half off the screen. Otherwise it might have shown his face looking like some of the horrible extras obviously waiting for Batman to hit them in TDK.

It's possible they had her slow down the leg sweep so that it looked more dramatic on film. That's done a lot with fight scenes in movies.

I didnt like how they treated Black Whidow.

I would have like to see her as a more mysterious woman. I was just seen Scarlett Johanson.
She was handeld just fine. She wasnt meant to have a big role, thats why shes going to be in a dozen other movies.

From what little we saw of her, she was AWESOME. Truly a great choice for Natasha.

I saw Iron Man 2 twice already. The first time I saw it, I was surprised by ScarJo (lols) how she pulled the character off. I wasn't too keen on the idea when they casted her as Black Widow but then again, I haven't really seen much of her other stuff. I liked her in IM 2 though so I guess thats a start. It would be interesting if she appears in IM3 and how they'll flesh the character more in the Avengers so that would be cool.

I thought the fight scene with the security guards kicked all kinds of ass.

As the "Black Widow" ScarJo is just there for eye candy and shock value.

Yeah I have to agree with you. As much as it was nice to look at her, at the end of the day she was little more than a plot device that distracted from the main characters and performed tasks that should have been given to Pepper Potts.

(Eg: - Pepper is approached by Fury to keep an eye on him and help him with his condition. Then she somehow obtains some magic password to reboot War Machine remotely at the end.)

This would have been more consistent with how she was used in the first film, would have given Pepper more to do rather than stand in the background and whine the whole fim. The kiss at the end felt forced when Tony & Pepper bareley interacted and he spent most of the film oglling Black Widow in front of her.

I undertand people getting excited about the whole Marvel Universe angle, but with everything else going on and the number of new characters for the audience to follow (Nick Fury, Whiplash, Hammer and even Rhodes to an extent), it seemed a little fanboy-indulgent to include BW as token superhero that filled no role.

Furthermore the character felt clumsy & contrived- why was she hitting onto Tony so brazenly when she was going to reval her role a day later anyway? What was the confrontation with Pepper all about and how come it was left unresolved? And what's her job again? She's a paralegal / notary but accepted a job as a PA? -why would you do that, it's not the greatest career move no matter who your boss is.

But most of all there was no payoff - she was a mysterious 'girl with no name' that we never got to know and the only development was that she beat up a bunch of guys at the end - but her kick-ass abilities were established in her first scene so this was no great suprise. And the fight scene was a little redundant considering we had no emotional stake in her. I mean lets get real - if one of those guards had shot her would any of the audience (who wasnt a comic fan) really care? No we wanted to see what was going on with Tony.

A sexy distraction agreed, but like I said - a little self indulgent and I think the film would have been leaner without her.

Last edited:
new Widow artwork from J. Scott Campbell

2s6wndv.jpg

Yeah I have to agree with you. As much as it was nice to look at her, at the end of the day she was little more than a plot device that distracted from the main characters and performed tasks that should have been given to Pepper Potts.

(Eg: - Pepper is approached by Fury to keep an eye on him and help him with his condition.)

It wouldn't have made sense for Fury to ask Pepper to do that when that's what he has SHIELD agents for.

Congrats to Scarlett on her Best Featured Actress Tony win for A View From The Bridge! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"