The Avengers Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I really loved about Scarlett Johanson? Unlike Anne Hathaway, she didn't practically starve herself to fit into the cat suit. Women like her and Jenifer Lawrence set a shining example for women everywhere.

You know what I really loved about Scarlett Johanson? Unlike Anne Hathaway, she didn't practically starve herself to fit into the cat suit. Women like her and Jenifer Lawrence set a shining example for women everywhere.

Yeah she looked good in that suit.

As shining role models for regular women they're not that good a role model for plus sizes in the least bit because those two are still very skinny single digit dress size girls compared to your average woman.

As shining role models for regular women they're not that good a role model for plus sizes in the least bit because those two are still very skinny single digit dress size girls compared to your average woman.

Neither Johansson nor Lawrence are considered "skinny" by Hollywood's warped standards. Both of them have been criticized for their weight and body shapes, not only by the press but by fans as well. That's sick but it says a lot about how the media's skewed version of reality shapes the public's perception of women's bodies.

In a pre-Avengers cast press conference Johansson was asked about the "rabbit food diet" the reporter thought she must have eaten to get into shape. Robert Downey Jr., who was sitting next to her, was asked probing questions about his acting by the same reporter. Lawrence was repeatedly told by reporters that she is "too fat" to play Katniss, and asked why she didn't lose weight for the role. When slender women are being grilled about their supposed weight problems, you just have to shake your head. It's insane.

I'd say Scar Jo is a healthy body weight. I love her. I love Jeniffer Lawrence. And I'd much rather be friends with women like them, who come across as fun and interesting, than the likes of dull actresses such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Kiera Knightly and Natalie Portman.

I'd say Scar Jo is a healthy body weight. I love her. I love Jeniffer Lawrence. And I'd much rather be friends with women like them, who come across as fun and interesting, than the likes of dull actresses such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Kiera Knightly and Natalie Portman.

Have you seen Black Swan? She's amazing in that. And not dull.

This popped up on my Tumblr dash again, so I thought I'd post it here:

tumblr_mezqrvOF351qlhhx4o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mezqrvOF351qlhhx4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mezqrvOF351qlhhx4o2_500.gif

Am I the only one who wants her to have the Infinity Formula as in the comics?

On the contrary, I think the infinity formula is a hugely important aspect of her character and truly believe that Whedon and Johansson exploited it in portraying the character in the Avengers. I'd be quite disappointed if were revealed that that wasn't canon in the MCU as I think it undermines a lot of the weight and gravitas of her character as seen in the Avengers.

I think both her and Hawkeye should have had more of a role in Avengers.

Scarlet was on Lettermen last night didn't watch cuz I can't stand Lettermen

She and Jennifer Lawrence are my girl crushes :hehe:

Anyone else more Intrested In Captain America:The Winter Soldier because Scarlett
Is back as Black Widow? The cap sequel has me more Intrested than most of the MS films before avengers sequel.

I love their relationship in the series, so I'm hoping it will go through into the film.

They need a spin-off movie as a duo.
I want to see that so badly. I was really hoping Cap 2 would kinda be that movie with BW and Hawkeye as Cap's team, since I thought the three of them worked great together in TA, but alas, it seems Hawkeye's gonna be sitting that one out. :(

Same. I was really looking forward to that film until the Winter Soldier announcement. I kinda wish they'd saved that plot until the third Cap film and laid some groundwork in Cap 2, allowed Steve more time to adjust to the new world and deal with his losses and build his team and relationships with Natasha and Clint before springing the Bucky thing on him. Not only would that have been wonderful development for all three but it would have increased the impact of Bucky's return by not having it happen so quickly.

Since that's not going to happen I would definitely take a spinoff movie. Why can't the badass normals have their own film? Marvel must realise how popular they are, it just seems like a no brainer to me.

I want to see that so badly. I was really hoping Cap 2 would kinda be that movie with BW and Hawkeye as Cap's team, since I thought the three of them worked great together in TA, but alas, it seems Hawkeye's gonna be sitting that one out. :(

I was looking forward to the awkward love triangle. :o

I can't get over how skinny and vegan she is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"