Age of Ultron The Black Widow Thread

This was Natasha's trailer and these shots absolutely stole the show! Ever since that first pic of her on the bike I've been looking forward to this sequence and it looks like it will deliver beyond my expectations!
:bw:
The shot with the shield on the bike from a while back was the biggest, "oh crap" thing for me. It has definitely lived up to the hype. After TWS he became one of my absolute favorites. Right up there with Cap, Ruffalo's Banner and Thor. Scarlett herself has just been getting better and better with these films. I wasn't sure about her in IM2, but she has been gold since. Her scenes with Banner and Steve in The Avengers and TWS get me every time.

And thank Zod they got TWS stunt guys. Cap and Widow look fantastic in action once again. Two films in a row. :woot:

Last edited:
With all the Black Widow new scenes, my reaction was literally:

faints.gif

The shot with the shield on the bike from a while back was the biggest, "oh crap" thing for me. It has definitely lived up to the hype. After TWS he became one of my absolute favorites. Right up there with Cap, Ruffalo's Banner and Thor. Scarlett herself has just been getting better and better with these films. I wasn't sure about her in IM2, but she has been gold scene. Her scenes with Banner and Steve in The Avengers and TWS get me every time.

And thank Zod they got TWS stunt guys. Cap and Widow look fantastic in action once again. Two films in a row. :woot:

:highfive: I absolutely agree. Though even in the first Avengers, I found her to be the standout. But I am full of unpopular opinions on that film. :funny: TWS was definitely where she really really shined though.

:highfive: I absolutely agree. Though even in the first Avengers, I found her to be the standout. But I am full of unpopular opinions on that film. :funny: TWS was definitely where she really really shined though.
I think she is great in The Avengers. Her intro and scene with Banner are absolutely stunning. She also has a lot of nice little scenes spread throughout. But I feel that in TWS she finally got to unlock the depth of the character. Her bromance with Cap is just great imo. Maybe my favorite relationship in MCU, and that is sayings something with Steve/Peggy and Thor/Loki.

I think she is great in The Avengers. Her intro and scene with Banner are absolutely stunning. She also has a lot of nice little scenes spread throughout. But I feel that in TWS she finally got to unlock the depth of the character. Her bromance with Cap is just great imo. Maybe my favorite relationship in MCU, and that is sayings something with Steve/Peggy and Thor/Loki.

Agreed. I loved all of her appearances, but TWS was a standout for me. That was the first movie where I was like "Ok, THAT'S the Black Widow!"

The shot with the shield on the bike from a while back was the biggest, "oh crap" thing for me. It has definitely lived up to the hype. After TWS he became one of my absolute favorites. Right up there with Cap, Ruffalo's Banner and Thor. Scarlett herself has just been getting better and better with these films. I wasn't sure about her in IM2, but she has been gold since. Her scenes with Banner and Steve in The Avengers and TWS get me every time.

The moment she had the scene with Loki she had the role nailed I felt. I mean the intro with Banner was good but the Loki scene was perfect. Everything with Natasha and Steve in TWS elevated both characters IMO.

I didn't know that, it was certainly a good call. :D

That's true. The shot just has that moment of obvious CGI underneath the truck that caught my eye.

Tom Cruise is probably contemplating right now if it can be done for real. :funny:

From the looks of it Widow could be outdoing her TWS performance!

How anyone else surprised Black Widow clams down the Hulk so...easily?

I dunno, I expected something else. Still nice I guess.

Betting she's using some kind of chemical/tabs on her hands to do it.

I don't think that's a straight calming scene.

Betting she's using some kind of chemical/tabs on her hands to do it.

I don't think that's a straight calming scene.

That'd be too complicated an unnecessary. She calms him with her touch since they clearly have some chemistry together...

I saw this post from a user on youtube.

PermanentHigh 1 day ago-
Damn, Whedon is a good and clever writer. Notice how when she gets Hulk's attention, she lowers herself to her knees to diminish her size in front of him. In the animal kingdom its a sign of submission and a way of saying you're not here to fight, by using your body language. As soon as she did it, you can see Hulk about to turn away in disgust because he's looking to fight and rage.

That could be another possible explanation for why she was not smacked 50 feet across the forest, since it was obvious the Hulk was the controlling personality for most of that scene. That and Banner's obvious connection with Natasha. We have to rememeber Banner and Hulk are still seperate personalities. So Hulk didn't want to turn back, but Natasha reached out to Banner inside and Banner did.

Scarlett on a BW standalone series:

"I’ve spoken to Kevin about it," she revealed. "I mean, of course, of course we’ve had that conversation before, and I think Kevin would also like to see a standalone film. I think I can speak for him and say that. That’s all, really. Right now I think this character is used well in this part of the universe, but I think that Kevin—I mean, we’ve talked about it and we both share similar vision for what could be a standalone series."

"I think that there’s room for a standalone movie. The character has a really rich origin story and I’ve been really fortunate to kind of place all these layers on top of one another and kind of build up this character to this point where I think I can now start to peel them away and reveal different sides of her and really focus on—I think I’ve been able to grow with the character, the character’s been able to grow with me."

"It’s been a very good relationship back and forth and I think Marvel—the one thing about working with them is they don’t want anybody to work on the movie that doesn’t want to be there, obviously. So whatever you’re contracted to should not feel like golden handcuffs, and they don’t want that either… I will certainly be around and that’s because it’s been such a great response. I mean, I’m always happy to put the cat suit back on, for sure."

Can't wait to see Widow in this movie, and I'm really glad to hear Scarlett is always up for donning the suit. There will be a lot more performances to look forward to, even if a standalone film doesn't happen.

Loved that extended scene of her calming the Hulk down. Brilliant.

To those who have seen the film:

How did you find Black Widow, and how much screen time does she have?

For me, she's better in the first movie. A lot of screen time I think
- some good action
- some moments into her dark past (i like this, but I want more)
- Natasha/Bruce romance (not a fan of this, but I'm okay, there's a reason and explanation)

I thought she was excellent in the film, Scarlett has really made the role her own. I didn't think the relationship with Banner worked in the way they wanted but there is a playfully sexy scene at the party and an emotional scene in the middle of the film that show both sides of Natasha and are both played pitch perfect by Scarlett, and we get some back story of her training which is similar to what we we saw for Bridget Reagen's character in Agent Carter.

Then of course she gets some more cool tag team moments with Cap and a couple of good scenes with The Hulk, her part in the chase sequence is especially cool.

As for screen time, I'd say she's second only to Stark in terms of involvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"