• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scream 5 in Development

She didn't have much to do in 4, she was always reacting to something instead of driving the story. I can see why maybe she doesn't like it as much.

I'd say the same for Dewey as well. What the heck did he have to do in Scream 4 other than to keep telling Gale to stay out of the investigation.

Last edited:
Neve’s ranking is pretty much the same as mine, except I personally prefer Scream 2 just slightly over the original. Not surprised she put Scream 4 last, which IMO is Sidney’s weakest movie, her character just feels completely flat, bored and depressed. I have also heard she had a very unenjoyable time filming that movie

In scream 5 she had way less screen time for sure but her character was given much more gravitas and it felt impactful whenever she was on screen. I also think her character seemed way more in line with the Sidney we saw at the end of scream 3

Neve is so sweet in person. I went to ‘90s Con for her and the Boy Meets World cast two months ago — she did not disappoint.

If you go to a convention where she’s making an appearance, she is worth waiting for.

...meeting Eric Matthews or Mr. Feeny (plus Bill Nye) are still my dreams.

Other than putting 5 above 3, I pretty much agree with her ranking. Though I could honestly just as well flip a coin when ranking the fourth and fifth entries.

Less screentime but she had more to do in the second half than in the entire 4th film.
How so? She just had a glorified cameo in 5. She didn't even had anything to do in stopping the killer. At least in the fourth one she was the final girl.

How so? She just had a glorified cameo in 5. She didn't even had anything to do in stopping the killer. At least in the fourth one she was the final girl.

I mean glorified cameo is a bit of a stretch. Mark Hamill in Rise of Skywalker is what I consider a glorified cameo.

Sidney had 12 and a half minutes of screen time in Scream 5 which is more than nearly the entire cast excluding Sam, Richie and Tara. She was in the movie more than Dewey and Gale

But what did she actually do in the whole movie, other than being present in the end where others took out the killers? Dewey and Gale never really had the importance of Sidney in any of the films and even so it felt they were doing more in this. And Mark Hamill had twice that much screen time and was a part of a subplot of the film.

But what did she actually do in the whole movie, other than being present in the end where others took out the killers? Dewey and Gale never really had the importance of Sidney in any of the films and even so it felt they were doing more in this. And Mark Hamill had twice that much screen time and was a part of a subplot of the film.

She offered guidance to Sam, she tracked the kids to the house, she reunited with gale and tag teamed amber in the kitchen, pulled her to the floor, threw her over a table and smashed a vase on her face, she searched the house and threw ghostface over the railings, and then had her nice little ending moment. I get that she’s not as in your face saving the day with endless badass moments but IMO she was still an important presence for the movie.

Mark Hamill in Rise of Skywalker? He had about 4 minutes of screen time total? That’s a glorified cameo to me

Mark Hamill is said to have 25 minutes of presence in the film. I'm not a fan of his role in The Last Jedi either, but it was no 4 minutes of screen time.

As for Sidney you just listed details of stuff that don't overall matter in the film. The term I used was not important, it just meant to showcase her lack of screen time and purpose in the movie. It's a matter of perspective, I guess.

Mark Hamill is said to have 25 minutes of presence in the film. I'm not a fan of his role in The Last Jedi either, but it was no 4 minutes of screen time.

As for Sidney you just listed details of stuff that don't overall matter in the film. The term I used was not important, it just meant to showcase her lack of screen time and purpose in the movie. It's a matter of perspective, I guess.

Don’t wanna get off topic too much but I think you’re confusing what I meant. I’m not talking about The Last Jedi where he definitely has 20 or so minutes of screen time and is definitely not a cameo (personally I loved his role in that movie lol). I’m talking about Rise of Skywalker where he literally had 4 minutes or even less and just shows up to guide Rey a bit and pass her a lightsaber. The point I was making was that feels like a glorified cameo to me whereas Sidney in Scream 5 is well and truly a proper character and not a cameo

But you’re right it’s just a matter of perspective. For me her role in Scream 5 was exactly what I wanted and I felt satisfied but I can understand why some people wanted more

Last edited:

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but Neve Campbell recently gave her personal ranking of the Scream movies. A couple of them actually surprised me. Her rankings are:

Scream
Scream 2
Scream 5
Scream 3
Scream 4

Put Scream 3 in Scream 5s place, then we'll have the same rankings.

I thought you had rated 5 below the first two movies. I assume its gone down a notch on subsequent viewings.
a little bit haha. I do like Scream 5, but I feel like it loses something on repeat viewings for me. 3 may not be perfect, but I enjoy the hell out of it each time.

I liked Scream 5 a lot. But not nearly as much on second viewing. My ranking is probably Scream, Scream 5, Scream 2, Scream 4, Scream 3. But all I need is the original tbh.

I can’t see the next one being any good with the amount of time they’ve spent working on it. Sounds like nothing but a cash grab.

Yes. Scream 2 is one of the best (and most successful) horror sequels of all time. Sometimes, striking while the iron is hot can be a good thing.
I agree, and it's also gonna be refreshing to see a sequel this close to the previous one without a big gap like in 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 again. That means, probably, keeping much of the same characters from 5 without having to introduce a whole new bunch of high schoolers.

I just hope Scream 6 is less predictable than Scream 5. say what you will about Scream 3, but it's still got a lot of redeeming qualities. Also, I think Scream 2 is absolutely still the best of the sequels.

I just hope Scream 6 is less predictable than Scream 5. say what you will about Scream 3, but it's still got a lot of redeeming qualities. Also, I think Scream 2 is absolutely still the best of the sequels.

You'll be pleased with what Radio Silence has said about their approach for the next film.

“This movie has to be willing to risk it all in order to subvert all of those expectations,” Gillet tells Empire. “And we’re so far down the rabbit hole of Scream movies, that it’s all up for grabs at this point.”

...locations leaked for 6, looks like they're going back to College.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"