Search Updated

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi,

just letting you know lately the search function seems really messed up. Like I can do a search for pirates of the Caribbean titles only and it comes back with nothing even though I know the thread exists. I can even do a search for new threads and it tells me it can’t find it even though I know it’s there.

is there a way to fix this up? I always feel embarrassed if I accidentally make a new thread when an old one exists

I've noticed this too. Was looking for a couple of threads I knew existed and would get zero results

Yeah, I think we temporarily lost them during the forum upgrade. I believe we will be able to get them back but it'll just take time as there's a lot going on right now. Just be patient.

I always feel embarrassed if I accidentally make a new thread when an old one exists

Don't be. It's fine and understandable. We can always just merge it with the older thread once they come back.

Yeah, I think we temporarily lost them during the forum upgrade. I believe we will be able to get them back but it'll just take time as there's a lot going on right now. Just be patient.

Don't be. It's fine and understandable. We can always just merge it with the older thread once they come back.

thank you, yes hopefully people understand and it’s not creating extra work for anyone

I’ve lost all my personal threads created and data as such.

thank you, yes hopefully people understand and it’s not creating extra work for anyone

It does create extra work so don’t overdo it. :p If something new and noteworthy is happening that will drive heavy discussions on a topic then go for it but if it’s something mundane then just refrain and wait for the old threads to come back (looks like it’ll be soon anyway per @Buffaloed ) :up:

Thank you so much! Hopefully it wasn’t too much trouble

The SuperHeroHype Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

-Message I get when trying to use search function.

Wow thank you!

For the last few months, the results I got were from 2007/2006. But not anymore.

My own personal search for the threads I've started and written has gone missing again and can't be found.

When I searched for the "The Dinosaur Thread" by using the word "dinosaur" and titles only in advanced search the search engine couldn't find but it did find some older dinosaur threads. Kinda strange when the one I looked for thankfully had only been pushed back to page 2. Have experienced stuff like this for a long time now.

Just checked, and searches on peoples posting histories still aren't working properly.

Admittedly back after long break, but the search problem (for me) is still relevant, cannot find any of my previously generated threads that I have started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"