• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 1: New World Order (SPOILERS)

So this has to be a few months since The Blip and WandaVision. Didn’t Sam in his speech say a few months ago people came back from the Blip. Has an official timeline been given for this series yet?

Wandavision was 3 weeks after Endgame.
This is 6 months after Endgame

Steve literally prevented a helicopter from taking off with one hand.
I forgot about that. I was thinking of Captain America throughout much of his comics history.
Quote from a now obsolete website:
"Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort."
Captain America

I do concede that the MCU Captain America, the Captain America of today, is truly superhuman.

giphy.gif

You cannot be serious.
I used to read silver age Captain America comics, and still watch Marvel animation on Disney+, so I slipped for a moment.

You're right, the contemporary MCU Cap is superhuman. Probably, his most exceptional feat of strength was temporarily resisting Thanos' fist in Infinity War.

For a comparison you may or may not find amusing, here's how Cap's strength used to be described.
"Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort." Captain America

Are we supposed to know who the guy is in the Cap outfit at the end?

Also, is Old Steve around at this point? If he is I can't imagine he wouldn't stay in touch with Sam and Bucky. I wonder if he'll show up at some point.

Also, is Old Steve around at this point? If he is I can't imagine he wouldn't stay in touch with Sam and Bucky. I wonder if he'll show up at some point.

If you've keep up with stuff then you'll know he's John Walker but it hasn't been stated in the show yet.

Rogers appears to be deceased. Atleast by Far From Home which is two months after this.

Sam appears to be running a highly dangerous, off the books op for the USAF at the beginning. Hard to believe he's not getting paid like a high price mercenary.

If you've keep up with stuff then you'll know he's John Walker but it hasn't been stated in the show yet.

Rogers appears to be deceased. Atleast by Far From Home which is two months after this.
OK, thanks for the information.

I thought as someone explained above that just because I want to get a business loan to revive a failing family business I co-own and the other co-owner doesn’t want my personal money in it doesn’t mean I’m broke.

The loan officer is problematic, but on pure business speak, they won’t get a loan just walking into a bank proposing that the money losing enterprise will turn into a profit by being upgraded so the interest will be serviced and principal will be repaid at the end. That’s not how it works, even if they sink in the house and the vessel itself as collateral. I’m afraid Sarah who has been running this business for a long time is probably right — there is no turnaround, sell it to stop the bleeding.

What's the likelihood that the new Cap/ US Agent will be saying things like "Make Captain America Great Again"?
I hope not. I don’t want to feel sick while watching!

They never showed the guy in the suit.

As for Steve he didn't appear to be on deaths door at the end of Endgame when he passed the shield down. He might be just living his life quietly away from all of this, not like they would know who he is at his old age since he left to the past and reappeared in minutes.

They haven't stated he is actually dead and he is a super soldier so who knows how long he lives. Seeing as he was frozen at age what 25-30 unfrozen for Avengers through Endgames which is like around 10 to 15 years since they had time jump. He went back to live his life he was around 40 so he lived those 70 years he was iced or whatever. When he gave Sam the shield he was likely in 100s so it is possible he died.

One thing I’m really glad to see is redwing back and I hope he stays as integral to the Falcon getup even when he takes up the shield.

I prefer drone Redwing to actual bird. The drone has useful offensive capabilities.
The little thing’s got personality too. :cool:

I loved in CW how Black Widow didn’t want to say thanks to it but Sam kept pushing it. :D

I prefer drone Redwing to actual bird. The drone has useful offensive capabilities.

The real bird has many offensive capabilities too. He can peck and claw people and attack them. He can drop bird's poo too. He would've come in useful in that aerial battle. If he were an enhanced bird he could prove to be a valuable sidekick.

i view this as issue 1 of a 6 issue limited series. and the limited series as just one part of an omnibook that is the MCU.

i absolutely loved seeing our guys as regular folks. they obviously have more time to explore things and they are doing it. we already know who these guys are so now we are seeing depth being added. and to throw folks a bone, we got a sick action sequence. if CA:WS had 4+ hours, we would've seen alot more of these personal/character scenes as well. and that was cap's 2nd movie (3rd appearance of development if you count avengers). this is basically sam's first legit "sam" story so we definitely need to see these character moments.

secondly, this episode was laying the groundwork for the rest of the show. taking this one episode as a singular piece of work for an mcu show doesn't really make sense. as we saw with wandavision, it's part of the whole story. i'm really excited to see where it goes.
Very well put :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"