Iron Fist Season 1, Episode 12 "Bar the Big Boss" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
cguAl5P.png

Episode 12: Bar the Big Boss

Last edited:
A good episode, I thought for a second that I was watching the last episode.
I really like Harold in this, his "last word" to his son were wondefull and hilarious.
Davos was pretty cool in the show too.

Yeah, same.

You know what, in spite of myself, I like Bokudo. He has a very pleasant demeanor. This episode has a lot in it. The standoff and the tension was great. The fights were great. The swordfight in particular was wonderful. I know there are references my references draw from, but it reminded me of Kill Bill (particularly with lack of music). Davos has a sort of Baron Mordo vibe.

There was a moment of relief towards the end, which left me confused which episode we were on. But even that moment was nice. Obviously, Harold needs to be resolved and I wonder how they'll do that.

Five Stars.

I liked Bokudo. I didn't need a villain who chewed the scenery, and I appreciated the subtlety.

This episode was pretty solid. The fights were nice and Davos is a good character.
Thought the split screen they used for a few seconds in the fight was out of place.

8/10

Really liked this one. The fight scenes were great and I thought Finn finally settled into the role here a lot more.

I feel this episode had the best fights of the show so far.

I've greatly enjoyed the series thus far but I'm having issues with Danny.

What I don't like and am hoping someone can explain to me is Danny Rand's irresponsibility and selfishness. The fact that he abandoned his post and essentially stole the Iron Fist from K'un-Lun leaving them partially undefended. Davos was right to feel betrayed by him. From his perspective he grew up wanting to become the Iron Fist to defend his people, they give the Fist to someone else, and that person treats it like it belongs to him and runs off with it. Then, when presented with the oportunity to do what the Iron Fist is actually supposed to do he cant bring himself to kill Bakudo. "I am the weapon agains the Hand." Then be a weapon, Danny.
What does Danny say when confronted with this? "I was looking for family." The Monks raised him as their own and made him their protector and he betrayed them. When asked if it was worth it he talks about how he discovered that the Hand killed his family. That wasn't even why he had left, he didn't know they were murdered and not just killed in an accident. Danny leaving was so selfish I'm having difficulty getting past it.

Joy will turn to Oracle.

Danny was willing to kill, but in the moment, he hesitated.

I still don't get why must someone train to hug a dragon and remain in a realm that appears only once every 15 years to stand guard to a passage.
I feel this episode had the best fights of the show so far.
I agree.

Much better episode and the fighting was a lot better (especially the 3 on 3).

A good episode, I thought for a second that I was watching the last episode.
I really like Harold in this, his "last word" to his son were wondefull and hilarious.
Davos was pretty cool in the show too.

Harold's been hilarious throughout. Davos also is cool and I like Bakuto too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"