Cloak & Dagger Season 1 Episode 4 - Call/Response

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
Tandy and Tyrone come face-to-face. Otis reveals a secret side. Greg makes a discovery in Melissa's case against Roxxon.

An assassination and attempt to burn the files with the windows not shaded and the lights burning bright? That might not be the 24 hour party part of New Orleans but the Roxxon hitter was all kind of arrogant. It seems as if half of the team now has some control on her abilities

Poor Greg. He got the Bob from Stranger Things treatment.

Well meaning out of his depth middle aged dude in a relationship with a woman with kids is often a death warrant in these types of shows.

I was really bored. I'm tired of the slow paced, 90% talking in these Marvel shows!

They don't have the budget to do constant action.

They don't have the budget to do constant action.

And why is that true? Over on CW the Flarrowverse has all sorts of powers and lots of martial arts stunts and choreography to film. Cloak's powers if they skip past the vapor is practically free while Dagger essentially carries a prop flashlight

This show is custom made for Freeform. If Freeform audiences like it then they did a good job.

Great episode. I kind of loved how everything was cut up and interspliced with each other. And I kind of love that Tyrone and Tandy didn't automatically gell together when they finally talked to each other.

As for the lack of action, I am thinking it is more a deliberate choice than a budgetary reason. Which I think is really working out.

I love the pacing. I've never found myself bored during this.

They're pretty heavy-handed in incorporating Important Issues.

This was confusing. When did they have their talk? Before all the other events of the episode or after? When was Greg shot? When was Tandy helping him out at the office? When did Tyrone go to the police station?

And why is that true? Over on CW the Flarrowverse has all sorts of powers and lots of martial arts stunts and choreography to film. Cloak's powers if they skip past the vapor is practically free while Dagger essentially carries a prop flashlight

They also look cheap as hell on the CW. I would rather they have 90% talking and flesh out the characters than attempt big action sequences on a small budget

Now that I've adjusted my expectations from CW action to more grounded drama I actually thoroughly enjoyed this ep, despite the lack of powers.

I have a feeling it's going to be a slow build up, to there confident use of powers, but I'm fine waiting, providing they maintain this level of character development.

Poor Greg. He got the Bob from Stranger Things treatment.

Well meaning out of his depth middle aged dude in a relationship with a woman with kids is often a death warrant in these types of shows.

I find it fascinating that Tandy sees the worst in people and, even when it seems like they're setting the person up to suck, they're actually not bad (this lawyer, her boyfriend, etc.). I guess that's why her power can help offset her natural tendencies.

This episode had great character moments. If that's not for you, I suppose you wouldn't like it, but it was great. The plot developments are small, but you can sort of see where they're going. This is the halfway point, right? Let's see where the second half goes.

That being said, the timeline of things is less clear. I assumed their conversation was all the first night, but it's also possible it was over time.

Quarter point.I believe it is a 13 hour season

Actually, I just looked it up. We have to split the difference. It's a ten episode season. The end of next episode will be the halfway mark.

They also look cheap as hell on the CW.

I disagree.
Compare smallville or the wonder woman show to special effects use on those the cw arrowverse shows todays
Folks who live in the 90's,80's,70s,60,50, and those who watch smallville,birds of prey etc.. that watch superhero movies and shows back then would love to have the special effects of the cw shows of today.

Some folks today are just spoiled.

Note-izombie is a cw dc show too but it is not in the arrowverse.

Last edited:
I'm tired of the slow paced, 90% talking in these Marvel shows!
For certain other marvel shows your view is incorrect.
Luke cage(more so season 2),aos,inhumans,peggy carter and some other marvel shows are not slowed pace and have more action then you think,so i disagree with you when you say all marvel shows are slowed paced.
If you don't mean all marvel shows then make it clear next time.
Certain marvel shows are slowed paced like cloak and dagger and the runaways and certain other ones are faster pace like aos etc..
I think the runways show is more faster paced then the cloak and dagger show so far.
Anyway i think episode 4 and the show is really good.

Last edited:
Too bad about Greg. The assassin did a poor job in terms on possible witnesses and not destroying everything well enough.

The flashback scenes were kinda confusing in terms of when did they occur. I did go "Yikes" to how things ended for them at the church, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"