Cloak & Dagger Season 1 Episode 9 - Back Breaker

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
When triumph turns sour, both Tandy and Tyrone regress back to their old ways; Detective O'Reilly tries to deal with the recent fallout.

Only one episode left after this one.

Stan Lee shout out I saw

and next week Runaways be on Freeform??

Good episode. Quite a bit going into the finale, though. I liked Tandy's downslide.

I liked it for the most part, although they're laying it on a bit thick with the persecuted black kid stuff. A confession caught on tape would not count for nothing, that's ridiculous. This isn't the 1950s.

and next week Runaways be on Freeform??

I get the sense that in season two Tandy and Tyrone will be runaways too, in the literal sense. Maybe if there's a relationship between the productions we could get a crossover.

I mean, a white guy just shot a black dude in Florida, and wasn't even arrested. It's not really thick if its true.

Stealing folks hopes, that was just plain mean. So we can assume that Tyrone's powers may have tried to activate while making love to Evita but she blocked the fear reading just as she blocked Tandy?

Well, talk about regression, huh?

If Tandy had screwed with Evita I might have considered her "dead" to me lol

This show is just incredible. This season has been the most effective way of "slow burning" that's I've seen from any comic book based show. They've very naturally built to a crescendo.

Also, for anyone saying they are laying the persecute black boy thing on a bit thick, you might want to remember the other real life story about a black kid in a hood being shot at...

Stealing folks hopes, that was just plain mean. So we can assume that Tyrone's powers may have tried to activate while making love to Evita but she blocked the fear reading just as she blocked Tandy?

I'm wondering if Tyrone can steal fears in a similar way as well. I thought that's what he was going to do to his mother.

I'm hoping the effect on the victim is as temporary as Tandy's high. Mina certainly didn't deserve that.

The tense scene between Tyrone and the priest before Tyrone swings at him was some of his best acting so far in this series.

Didn't like what Tandy was doing to everyone. Mina didn't deserve it. Her boyfriend didn't either. Glad Evita was able to brush it off.

I didn't really like this regression. Hopefully they'll move forward next episode and become more heroic and hopeful.

Why didn't Tyrone take his cloak with him? What's the point of running away out the window when he knows he can teleport?

I didn't really like this regression. Hopefully they'll move forward next episode and become more heroic and hopeful.

Why didn't Tyrone take his cloak with him? What's the point of running away out the window when he knows he can teleport?

Because his Cloak is not a uniform like Captain Rogers wears or a way to hide his identity as he knows he is going into combat like Robin Hood does . The origin story is still being played out

I knew the corrupt cops were going to come for Tyrone as soon as he started his crusade against them. O'Reilly got her ass kicked and not one of the cops in the bar stepped in to help her. Can't wait to see her go mayhem on their asses.

I'm not a fan of the back slide trope. The writing was intentionally meta this episode and I wasn't a big fan of it.

Whose murder did they say he was under arrest for? I couldn't quite make that out.

I thought it was the cop who got fridged.

I couldn't believe the beatdown he gave the female cop in a bar among other cops

Seems pretty risky unless they're planning on covering up the confession on tape as well.

Seems pretty risky unless they're planning on covering up the confession on tape as well.

What confession? The evidence has probably been lost or stolen out of the evidence locker.

Loved how Tandy threatened Tyrone with her dagger and Tyrone didn't even flinch. That, to me, was glimpse of "Cloak".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"