Cloak & Dagger Season 1 Episode 5 - Princeton Offense

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
Tandy is consumed with solving the Roxxon cover-up and uses her powers to gather information. Tyrone pres for the basketball tournament. O'Reilly looks into the city's drug problems.

Interesting that Tandy has learned to control her powers but Ty keeps getting jumped around randomly by teleportation. I hope he doesn't screw up his Basketball game this time.

Since I'm the only one live posting, I have to say they handled it in an acceptable way. I like how they're exploring how their powers interact.

I love this show.

It's so different than any of the other MCU. Great chemistry and great characters.

I am a bit confused about the referee. Was he throwing the game to Ty's team and afraid of the consequences? If so did Ty miss the push shot on purpose? The shooting motion was strange, it is the type used at extreme long out of range Hail Mary shots. It was strange to see with the announcer saying that you wanted the ball in his hands.

I am a bit confused about the referee. Was he throwing the game to Ty's team and afraid of the consequences? If so did Ty miss the push shot on purpose? The shooting motion was strange, it is the type used at extreme long out of range Hail Mary shots. It was strange to see with the announcer saying that you wanted the ball in his hands.

Looks like the ref was trying to get Ty's team to win.

The editing in the game at the end was bad. I have played and watched basketball for years. The head bobbing, thinking, prepping the shot the way he was doing it all would have taken more than 10 sec from baseline to when he shot, especially that last 2 seconds. At that point, he pulls a JR Smith and dribbles out the ball and looks dumb. Clocks don't work the way it was edited. I was distracted, lol.

Enjoyed the episode overall, but prob my least favorite episode to date.

Were any of the roxxon folks on this episode from the comics?

The editing in the game at the end was bad. I have played and watched basketball for years. The head bobbing, thinking, prepping the shot the way he was doing it all would have taken more than 10 sec from baseline to when he shot, especially that last 2 seconds. At that point, he pulls a JR Smith and dribbles out the ball and looks dumb. Clocks don't work the way it was edited. I was distracted, lol.

Enjoyed the episode overall, but prob my least favorite episode to date.

It was most noticeable when he squared up and shot (or thought about shooting for quite a bit of time). I honestly thought they were going to have him not shoot, which I would have hated. That being said, it's easy to just pretend the clock isn't actually synced with the rest of the footage and go with it that way.

As for those who seemed confused what was happening. It seems clear someone was forcing the ref to call in favor of Ty's team. I don't think Ty missed for that reason. Instead, I think he was more influenced by the other team's players who would feel the consequences of a loss much more than him (since Ty is relatively privileged). It's also possible he decided to make that final shot (I thought the flash of Billy was him deciding to make it) and he missed it anyway. That's why he was laughing. It was a sort of "of course I missed anyway."

Caught up. Kind of loved having Tandy hang around Ty's school.

As for those who seemed confused what was happening. It seems clear someone was forcing the ref to call in favor of Ty's team. I don't think Ty missed for that reason. Instead, I think he was more influenced by the other team's players who would feel the consequences of a loss much more than him (since Ty is relatively privileged). It's also possible he decided to make that final shot (I thought the flash of Billy was him deciding to make it) and he missed it anyway. That's why he was laughing. It was a sort of "of course I missed anyway."

I loved that they left it open to interpretation.

Why did he throw the match? I didn't understand the reasoning for that.

And when are they going to actually team up? It better not be in the final episode only. That's a bit too late.

Will they even get any kind of costumes?

And when are they going to actually team up? It better not be in the final episode only. That's a bit too late.

I don't think the writers knew a thing about big time sports. I don't get Ty's motivation either.

Did he feel that the referee deserved whatever the mob would do to him for not being able to throw the game so he threw the ref to the wolves by missing? Or perhaps he felt sorry for the public school kids from Hancock who feared that if they didn't win the State championship that the only future they had was as infantrymen about to be overrun by an enemy? How being on a winning team was supposed to stop that future just seems weird.

At least on Friday Night Lights the actors were able to mimic the best 18 year old's in the state going for a championship. This "State" championship high school game featured teams I think any good middle school in the other 49 states could easily beat.

We have seen the start of Cloak's costume.I have a feeling that he won't have it when he heads into combat until the end of the season or leaves home, which ever comes first.

I liked the episode.

I was really “Eh...” on Tyrone’s reasoning for throwing the game. All of those kids fears didn’t really feel like they’d be fixed by their winning the game.

Was this their way of saying he now has control of that aspect of his powers?

Evita may really know something is up with Tyrone...

Those hopes Tandy saw were all funny in their own way.

I was really “Eh...” on Tyrone’s reasoning for throwing the game. All of those kids fears didn’t really feel like they’d be fixed by their winning the game.

I think the way Tyrone's mother said earlier about Billy and his friends hoping to win the State Final and get scholarships to colleges implies that winning the game means an almost guaranteed ticket to college, so they don't have to join the army just to have health insurance and pay bills.

I think the way Tyrone's mother said earlier about Billy and his friends hoping to win the State Final and get scholarships to colleges implies that winning the game means an almost guaranteed ticket to college, so they don't have to join the army just to have health insurance and pay bills.

Which leaves any sports fan to shaking his head because merely being a member on the state runner up rather than the state championship team would have no effect on a player being recruited for the next level.

Then we have the Officer and Gentleman "I got no where else to go" being the only other option is just as silly.

I'm still "Eh..." on that because that's not how things really work when it comes to playing on a championship team, but whatever.

I tend to agree with the real world assessment (to the extent it matters, that extent is minimal and certainly isn't going to save the entire team). Additionally, I know his teammates sucked, but they would certainly be in the same boat. But, it's clear that's what the way things work in this story, so it's easier to just go with it.

Yeah I got a bad feeling it'll be Daredevil season 1 again where they save the costume money shot for the very last shot of the very last episode. I don't feel like waiting 10 hours to get to the Cloak and Dagger I know and love. This is just a teen drama with some slight supernatural edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"