Season 3, Episode 1 Discussion

I'm very happy to see that Nathan and Nikki weren't whacked. That said, this show would be better off without Sylar and Peter. They're way too over-powered. Maybe Sylar's plot will have to do with him becoming a Magneto-esque figure in the Heroes universe as he is getting increasingly powerful?

im not to worried bout Peter and Sylar being to powerful Im more worried about all the "human" characters getting powers

Hmm Well that's going to be a problem in the future for sure. See

Mohinder finds out a way to give people powers including himself. Ando gets powers and I'm assuming every one does. Nathan I think talks Mohinder into giving powers to every one. Future Peter was trying to kill Nathan. I think that's not really Future Peter at all, I think its Future Syler inside Future Peter, he was always the one more intrested in keeping the powers a secret so it would make more sense for him to do that. Peter loves his brother Nathan far to much to do that. I'm thinking Future Peter is locked up some where in Future Sylers body.

But hey I'm just going by speculation of what the previews are showing. And I do think they needed to add some powerful guy's in the series. That's like saying whats the point in having Superman in the DC heroe universe when he's just way too powerful? I think there both awesome guy's.

I'm so excited, glad I read this thread, I didn't even know we were that close.
But not really, like two more months. :(
Dammit September 22, 2008

Hmm Well that's going to be a problem in the future for sure. See

But hey I'm just going by speculation of what the previews are showing. And I do think they needed to add some powerful guy's in the series. That's like saying whats the point in having Superman in the DC heroe universe when he's just way too powerful? I think there both awesome guy's.

We don't know what ramifications Nate's activites could have on the future. In one timeline we saw a Peter who became jaded after the explosion. The same thing could easily happen again. I think it's a bit premature to rule out the possibility of Future Peter being Future Peter. Besides, him actually being Sylar would be convoluting an already convoluted plot-line.

As for Sylar and Peter being too powerful, I think they're almost surpassing Superman with the sheer variety of powers they've shown, and in theory should have access to. Mind-reading, invulnerability, radiation manipulation, telekinesis, flight, time travel, a super memory, ice powers, electrical powers, etc. Oh, and super-strength. Peter and Sylar should just about be able to kick anyone's butt that we've met in the series so far.

I dunno... between Nathan's religious overtones, the drug that produces powers and Mohinder using said drug, Heroes is starting to sound more and more like a 4400 rip-off (more so than before).

I kind of just want Mohinder to die already. Anyone with me? The dude is sort of an idiot and a waste of space. This whole getting powers thing doesn't give me much hope for him becoming a whole lot less useless.

I doubt Mohinder's going anywhere. He's the scientist. The writers are going to keep him around for when they need exposition concerning how the powers work. I think he's OK. Yes, he's not good at dealing with conflict, but not everyone is going to be.

I doubt Mohinder's going anywhere. He's the scientist. The writers are going to keep him around for when they need exposition concerning how the powers work. I think he's OK. Yes, he's not good at dealing with conflict, but not everyone is going to be.
That's true: he is the scientist, mr. exposition and science-problem-solver. I guess I just wish he were less naive by now. I feel like he's dumbed-down often for the sake of contrived plot points (like not picking up on Sylar being Sylar for during their road trip). He's not a BAD character per se, it's just that there are much more interesting ones competing for time on the screen.

heroes301001ig6.jpg

:heart::heart::heart:

I love this show (despite its flaws), but I'm a little unsure of what to think of the first episode of the new season...

It sounds kind of confusing to me (although, it will probably come across better upon actual viewing), but there are things about it I do like.

they will not give powers to HRG. He's the Batman of Heroes! He doesn't need them

by the way, do we have a title for this ep?

I thought it was called The Butterfly Effect?

Maybe they changed it. I watched the first 15 minutes of the episode that someone managed to tape at Comic-Con, and The Second Coming appears onscreen as the title.

i may have saw the same video, awesome 14 minutes i say (at least what I saw of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"