• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Office Season 6

Jack Shepard Jim Halpert did quickly become the leader once he found is place in the company. He and Sawyer Roy did fight over Kate Pam for a while....

I'd want him to come back if it was as Michael Bluth. That AD movie is going to take forever :csad:

I thought it was cancelled. :huh:

Also, I'm open-minded enough to give The Office a chance if Michael leaves.

Jack Shepard Jim Halpert did quickly become the leader once he found is place in the company. He and Sawyer Roy did fight over Kate Pam for a while....

Michael's exit will be due to his taking a bomb to the stomach to protect his friends and coworkers. Not really sure how to change that one....

UNEXPECTED RANDOM CHARACTER DEATH ALERT!!! Andy and Erin both drown when the fire sprinklers unexpectedly fill the submarine building with water. Erin gets trapped under a filing cabinet and Andy wont leave her.

I thought it was cancelled. :huh:

Also, I'm open-minded enough to give The Office a chance if Michael leaves.

I think the script is still being worked on. David Cross said that he doesn't think it'll ever be made. As much as I love Tobias, Cross is a *****e.

I think the script is still being worked on. David Cross said that he doesn't think it'll ever be made. As much as I love Tobias, Cross is a *****e.

I dont think him saying that makes him a *****e. If anyone is a *****e regarding the making of an AD movie, it's Cera.

I want it to end.

I want Creed to become the new protector of the island manager and Darrel becomes Creed's number two assistant to the regional manager.

Dont be absurd. Clearly "Creed" is simply a fake look-alike version of the real Creed Bratton, who died years ago ("Creed" has confirmed this himself). "Creed" is just trying to leave the island Scranton, and will kill any of the remaining candidates coworkers to do it.

Unfortunately for "Creed", Ed Truck is the only name that has been crossed off of his cave wall blog.

Michael's exit will be due to his taking a bomb to the stomach to protect his friends and coworkers. Not really sure how to change that one....

UNEXPECTED RANDOM CHARACTER DEATH ALERT!!! Andy and Erin both drown when the fire sprinklers unexpectedly fill the submarine building with water. Erin gets trapped under a filing cabinet and Andy wont leave her.

*mind explodes from all the LOST references*

:awesome:

I know I'm one of the few that still loves the show as much as ever, but with that being said I should have me arse kicked for what I'm about to post. Swore to my dying mother I wouldn't ever post a Obama themed poster on superherohype.com....but...

original_image.png

Mindy Kaling wants Dwight to succeed Michael as boss.

“I’d love to see Rainn Wilson in that position,” says coexecutive producer/costar Mindy Kaling, who snagged a much-deserved Emmy nomination for co-writing last season’s four-star Jim/Pam wedding episode. “Dwight has become so nuanced — you actually care about him now. I think if [we did a good job laying the groundwork] this coming season, he would be a fantastic boss.
“But that’s my dream,” she adds. “It certainly hasn’t been approved by people that are more powerful than me and who make those kinds of decisions.”
Kaling says she’s always been a “promote from within” kind of gal as opposed to “trying to throw in an element of the show that people don’t know. It’s like the stand-up [expression]: The audience doesn’t want someone whose hand they haven’t sniffed.”
Of course, in Kaling’s perfect world Carell wouldn’t be going anywhere. (Carell recently confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that he’ll be moving on when his contract expires at the end of next season.) “We’re still infatuated with Steve and love him so much that we’re hoping for some 11th hour like, ‘I really do like this schedule and I like craft services here, so I don’t want to go.’ But I’m going to take him at face value and [assume] he’s not being coy and that he really wants to [leave].”

More at the jump.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/08/office-dwight-michael-boss-spoilers/

It would be like Gareth succeeding David Brent in the U.K. version.

With Holly coming back, I'd like to see Rob Huebel around for a few episodes.

However they go about handling their relationship.

The Carell Corral and the return of Even Stevphen was amazing. He slipped back into his Daily Show corespondent persona with ease. Nice to see Carell perform like that after years of movie roles and Michael Scott. The Daily Show may be better at exposing politicians and the media for the terrible/horrible things they do now but it was funnier back when Carell and Colbert were on the show.

Holly will be in 8 episodes this season. :up:
There are a couple of spoilers there as well.
With this being Steve Carell's last season on "The Office," the show couldn't very well get away with not bringing back Michael Scott's true love, Holly Flax.

NBC confirmed on Thursday (July 15) that Amy Ryan will return this season as Holly -- and writer/executive producer/cast member Paul Lieberstein says she'll be making much more than just a token appearance.

Lieberstein tells Zap2it that Ryan will appear in a whopping eight episodes. That's right: you'll get to see the Holly-Michael magic for a full third of the season.

[BLACKOUT]
Read on for more from Lieberstein about Holly's return, Andy's Scranton stage debut, Dwight Schrute, landlord and more (spoilers ahoy!).

The groundwork for Holly's return was laid inlast season's finale, when Michael asked Sabre CEO Jo (Kathy Bates) if she could bring Holly back. The show was preparing for it behind the scenes as well; Lieberstein says the producers were already talking to Ryan when they were writing the finale.

Season 7 will find Jo making good on her promise to Michael, but "Holly is not happy at all about coming back to Scranton." She's built a pretty good life with boyfriend A.J. (Rob Huebel -- Lieberstein isn't sure yet if he'll return as well) and doesn't want to leave it.

As for Michael's departure from Dunder Mifflin, Lieberstein says he doesn't want Carell to leave the show, but at the same time he thinks it presents a chance for "The Office" to refresh itself. "To actually get to write someone out who's a main character, it's a cool opportunity. Not that I want Steve to leave, but in the long run" it could benefit the series, he says.

"No one wants to see him go. We still hope he changes his mind," Lieberstein says of Carell. "But we are forced to imagine 'The Office' without him."

Lieberstein also teased a few stories from the first half of the season. Among them:

- Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) efforts to buy the building that houses Dunder Mifflin were successful, which Lieberstein says will result in the salesman/beet farmer becoming overworked and open up new avenues for Jim (John Krasinski) to pull pranks.

- Bates will return as Jo in the season premiere, but she's also starring in NBC's midseason series "Harry's Law," so Lieberstein isn't sure if she'll be able to do more than that.

- Jo's son (who hasn't been cast yet) will come to Dunder Mifflin as part of a series of "low-level" jobs he's doing at various units of Sabre.

- Andy (Ed Helms) will perform in a community theater production. "We think it will be 'Sweeney Todd,'" Lieberstein says.

- We'll let Lieberstein describe the last one himself: "Michael gets a cold sore, and he finds out that's [a form of] herpes, so he feels the need to call every woman he's ever been with and inform them."
[/BLACKOUT]

"The Office" season premiere is scheduled for Sept. 23.

The last spoiler sounds like it will be hilarious. I want to hear Carol and Jan on the phone!

Am I the only one who imagines Paul Lieberstein in his Toby voice when he does these interviews?

Jim playing more pranks on Dwight pleases me. I like Jim better when he does pranks on Dwight. I did not like Jim in a serious role.

Melora Hardin posted on her Twitter that Jan will return this season. I think she has been missed, she was terrible to Michael but can provide for great moments.

Looks like they're planning to continue without Steve, we'll see how the ratings are this year if fans know it will be Michael's last.

Last thing we need from the Office is for the show to end up like Scrubs.

Last season of Scrubs was completely unnecessary since it was nothing like before. The previous season had a great ending that tied everything together.

what does that mean?

Scrubs had a pretty much pitch perfect series finale, but ABC decided to keep the show going just with new leads. You can imagine how well that turned out.

My favorite episode is still "The Client". Such good stuff. Compare any episode now to any episode from season 2 and it's like a different show. They should just end it when Michael (the funniest person on the show) leaves.

Bill Lawerence only went with it because the crew would get to do another 13 episodes and potentially more. Except most of his writers went to other shows. You don't want to be the *****e and stop the show and now hundreds of people have to look for work. But it is part of the business. For sure the writers, cast and crew want to keep the show on because it pays the bills and they're working with friends. Why would you want that to end? The history of television says that the show will only will get worse. The people who are involved with the show get paid/have fun but the fans have their favourite show ruined and have to move onto another one. The least they could do is say okay we'll only do one season after Steve leaves. But I think the ratings will tank once he leaves so it will be.

Why should a show keep running once its past its prime? It's a fact of the industry that these things end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"