Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 6: "One World, One People" (Series Finale)

I really want to see a 3-hour cut of the series spliced together removing all the filler scenes and storylines and even including some revised camera shots which felt very TV-ish.

Maybe have the Russo’s come in and make a cut.

Also add more Bartoc. Flagsmashers were just too vanilla Agents of Shield-esque.

You can definately notice how the production shutdown influenced this last episode, as It was a bit rushed Just like Wandavision, but I still think they stuck the landing for the most part. Karli got the short end of the Stick but I loved pretty much every other conclusion to plot points, especially the Isaiah part, that was fantastic. I liked that Walker got a bit of redemption at the end, curious to see when he'll appear again. They really didn't even try to Hide the fact that Sharon was Power Broker in previous eps so no Surprise there. Loved everything about Sam and Bucky, the show really elevated the characters. That Captain America suit is great. Oh and can't help but love how Zemo always wins, like that bastard so much. Overall loved this series and I hope Marvel decides to go for a second season.

With WandaVision we got a set up to the next project as we knew Elizabeth is confirmed for DS2. Also Monica set up for Skrulls and Cap 2. I’m not too sure what the set up is on this? Will any of them appear in another movie? Or just in shows now? Usually each project leads into something but this one has Sam as Cap, Bucky just being Bucky, Zemo in the raft, Walker with Val and Sharon as the PB in USA. But where are we going next with these characters? Nothing that is announced on the current slate of Marvel movies/Disney + seems fitting for these characters unless it’s all just set up for a season 2. Interested to see.

Glad we're getting a Cap 4. Hopefully it's called "Captain American & The Winter Soldier".

That being said, it seems like Marvel set up at least 3 different franchises with these first two shows:
Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
New Avengers

It was also pretty obvious JLD filmed both her scenes back to back. They didn’t even bother changing the setting of where they met for the second scene. It doesn’t make any sense for Walker to try on his new suit in that courtroom.

I feel like they went out of their way to NOT show us the old Avengers Tower. And speaking of... we still don't know who the new owner is! What happened to it during the five year blip?? It's too iconic of a building, and too big a tease in Homecoming for them not to revisit it at some point.

And I hope Cap 4 reveals what happened to Old Man Steve. I need more than just "he's gone."

I feel like they went out of their way to NOT show us the old Avengers Tower. And speaking of... we still don't know who the new owner is! What happened to it during the five year blip?? It's too iconic of a building, and too big a tease in Homecoming for them not to revisit it at some point.

If Marvel is allowed to have him.....Oscorp. If not, it'll become the Baxter Building.

Baxter building is what I'm hoping for, but Oscorp would be a great second choice.

Baxter building is what I'm hoping for, but Oscorp would be a great second choice.

Sony may want Norman Osborn as their big bad in their universe so it might have to be the Baxter Building. We know that the F4 are coming, we just don't know when and who will be cast.

I really want to see a 3-hour cut of the series spliced together removing all the filler scenes and storylines and even including some revised camera shots which felt very TV-ish.
Thats what I want too for this and WandaVision. Though TFATWS definitely had a better camera work compare to WandaVision.

Maybe have the Russo’s come in and make a cut.

Also add more Bartoc. Flagsmashers were just too vanilla Agents of Shield-esque.

I could probably try this myself. I think it'd be incredibly hard with Wandavision just because of the drastically different sitcom styles in each episode. But, I'd relish in this challenge. I've done supercuts of star wars prequels and the hobbit trilogy.

Are the Flag Smashers terrorists? Sure. But if you are calling his statement bull ****, you are missing the point. Calling them terrorists fuels their cause. Leaves them left misunderstood and without recourse. Understanding their plight and committing to do something about it is the only way to get the violence to stop. When you have people without homes or food or power with nothing else to lose you will always run the risk of them standing up and forcibly taking it.

The idea that you side more with Walker and call him adorable says a lot imo. It's a bit disconcerting. Both are villains. They are both responsible for unnecessary deaths.

Except Walker just wants revenge, while Karli wants to change the world to help the downtrodden.
The BS is saying they are not terrorists. I get that they are fighting for a good cause, but anybody willing to kill people to fight for their cause is still a terrorist. Glad you agree with me on that.

I guess I found walker more compelling because the show never cuddled him and the protagonists were constantly calling him out but at the same time were excusing Karli who didn't care about killing innocent people. I still maintain that the way Russell played that scene was so earnest that I found it adorable. He was so happy he was given a chance to keep on fighting. This is a case of an actor playing a character so well that even when you're supposed to hate them, they make you love the character. Karli was not written well and the actress wasn't good enough to make me care.

Perhaps it's nothing but might some of these characters show up in Secret Invasion? I say this because outside of Nick Fury and Talos (also may Abigail Brand if she's played by Emilia Clarke), we don't know if any other good guys show up, although we assume Monica will although nothing has been announced and Monica I would assume won't be the only superhero to show up if she does.
She should be in it, Fury sent for her.

And as far as end credits scenes go, that was one of the lamest they’ve done.
Seriously. I was like that's it? They should have teased Black panther 2.

She should be in it, Fury sent for her.

I would think so, but she can't be the only superhero on the show, which leads me to think somebody on this show will appear in Secret Invasion.

1qv5rmtqzyu61.png

saw this on reddit about when karli said "he didn't matter" to walker about lemar

I love the subtle wake up moment when Karli throws a "he didn't matter" and Walker took two tons of BLM to the chest. While he himself may not have been actively racist (though the bull**** speech of his before the fight with the Wakandans was all kinds of intersectional bigotry) they closed the arc of his metaphorical representation of white privilege by showing how it only is able to stay blind until it affects someone you see as like you.

It was only after that moment that he was able to see the flag smashers as people as well ironically. He didn't see the man he killed as anything other than an enemy combatant, as easy to stand in for Karli for his revenge as any of the others. Karli's supremacist thinking in that moment (people who matter vs those who don't) seemed to give him a moment of empathy with Karli that held a mirror to himself and gave him the moment of self reflection to reclaim a bit of his humanity.

In the end he was able to throw away his false self image (I AM CAPITAN AMERICA) and accept that. In the end he stood with Sam, Bucky, and let go of his own Supremacy (at least for a bit, that eye twitch as his ego let him think "but sometimes the world needs someone more flexible than Capitan America hints at a new kind of delusion)

Loved the part where Walker made a choice to save those civilians rather than go after Karli.

Was I supposed to care about Karli dying? It should have been sooner, what a waste of screentime.

Sam with the stop calling them terrorists BS. :whatever:

I'm sorry while some part of that Sam's speech was okay, most of it felt forced and the speech went on for too long. It did nothing for me.

Zemo asked his butler to take out the rest of the flash smashers. I should have expected this.

It's kinda adorable how much Walker wants to serve, he was so happy that Val gave him another opportunity to keep on fighting as the US Agent. This is a man that doesn't know what to do with himself if he's not fighting. And Black looks good on him.

Now the speech Sam gave Isaiah was perfect. Loved that Isaiah finally got his own place at the museum. Best part of the episode.

So that's it on the Buck/Yori arc. Wrapped it up in less than a minute. Underwhelming

Of course Bucky is invited to the cookout. He looks happy and at peace.

That was an okay finale and the worst episode of the whole show. Best episode was the fourth one. For someone that was looking forward to this show I'm kinda disappointed. Sam's arc was okay same as Bucky's but nothing compelling enough. John Walker had a better arc than the both of them.

I was looking forward to Bucky's talk with Yori and it was rushed, they shouldn't have Introduced the character if they weren't going to resolve it satisfactorily, it's like they just gave up on the storyline. Sam had good enough writing but I'm sorry the character still doesn't grab me that much. I like him, but he's never been my fav and this show did not change that for me. Walker and Zemo were the MVP of the show.

Overall Wandavision was better than this. And to think this was my most anticipated marvel series smh. Looking forward to Loki, wish marvel never moved it.

Not much more I can add to this. Completely agree.

I too have always liked Sam, but unfortunately, he's just not as interesting or as much of a commanding/charismatic presence as Chris Evan's Captain America.

I feel bad because I always feel like he is going to suffer by comparison.

Honestly, we are already starting to feel the effects of Marvel losing Steve Rogers and Tony Stark in these universes. I'm curious what the future will bring once Thor is done. The rest of these characters, while enjoyable, just don't have the same punch.

Like others have said, the episode felt a bit rushed, but overall I enjoyed it..

I also want to thank to whoever's responsible for introducing me to this absolute banger of a song:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"