The Defenders Season 1, Episode 8 "The Defenders" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
iWpvzRD.png

Episode 8: "The Defenders"

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the most exciting finale of a Marvel Netflix series. Though I thought Daredevil stole the show from the other three during this.

Oh man that last scene! As soon as I saw what it was I stood up from the couch and got super excited. Even had a little bit of goosebumps :woot:
Even though it's from another storyline in the comics it was really cool to see.

The Daredevil stuff in this episode made me excited for season 3.

Yeah, this was probably my favorite finale of any of the Marvel/Netflix shows. Although I really liked JJ's finale too.

It def has me curious for season 3 of DD. It has potential to be the best yet,

Who else was like "**** YEAH" when the [BLACKOUT]Wu Tang music came on when the team got together during the final fight? That was the perfect song choice imo.[/BLACKOUT]

I honestly think the best thing to come out of this episode is that it leaves Daredevil Season 3 in an interesting place. Even though, I was never really buying what they were going for I am very curious to see how that season starts off now.

Who else was like "**** YEAH" when the [BLACKOUT]Wu Tang music came on when the team got together during the final fight? That was the perfect song choice imo.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah that was great... although I bet some people are gonna b*** about it though.

Did anyone even ever say The Defenders? No one mentions or says it.

Yeah that was great... although I bet some people are gonna b*** about it though.

Yeah because it was awkwardly placed and didn't really fit the scene. It came and went, no purpose.
Same with the RTJ song in, I think, the 3rd episode

Use of bring the Ruckus in Luke Cage? Great.

Here it's just why?

Last edited:
Yeah because it was awkwardly placed and didn't really fit the scene. It came and went, no purpose.
Same with the RTJ song in, I think, the 3rd episode

Use of bring the Ruckus in Luke Cage? Great.

Here it's just why?

I second this. It could have really been the perfect music but the execution was jarring.

I didn't like it. It was like someone accidentally opened Spotify.

I swear I stopped the video to check if it came from outside, true story.

The usage of music made sense for when Luke Cage showed up to help Danny in Episode 3 since his show has been affiliated with heavy usage of music. But yeah, it didn't make as much sense here.

Someone explain to me why

people are excited about the Daredevil thing? I mean he was dead, and now we know he is going to be back...does this set up some kind of future storyline in the comics? What am I missing?

Someone explain to me why

people are excited about the Daredevil thing? I mean he was dead, and now we know he is going to be back...does this set up some kind of future storyline in the comics? What am I missing?

I may be wrong but I believe the reason why everyone is excited is because it looks like they're setting up the
"Born Again" story line from the comics, which is considered to be one of Daredevil's greatest arcs in the comics. Matt's mother returning as he heals inside a church is something that particularly took place in that story line.

I may be wrong but I believe the reason why everyone is excited is because it looks like they're setting up the
"Born Again" story line from the comics, which is considered to be one of Daredevil's greatest arcs in the comics. Matt's mother returning as he heals inside a church is something that particularly took place in that story line.

Ahh. Thanks man.

It looked to me the same church stick took him to when he was a kid? Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

DD was certainly the best character in Defenders. I will watch DD S3 and Punisher. I dont like LC and JJ's characters, so I have no interest in their series. LC I felt like was a bit of a self righteous hypocrite, and JJ was plain annoying and I didnt like her snark. I liked IF but not so much to watch his individual series. I will be waiting for Defenders S2 though. I really liked this.

The usage of music made sense for when Luke Cage showed up to help Danny in Episode 3 since his show has been affiliated with heavy usage of music. But yeah, it didn't make as much sense here.

What would've worked better if they played Cage's theme song or music motif like when Cap showed up in The Avengers I believe they played his theme.

I like it. One, I like that it was Luke prompting Danny that sets it off and two, it's another way of intermingling the styles of all 4 shows.

See, I thought the music was great because it gave the fight much needed adrenaline AND more importantly I felt it was appropriate to use THAT song because it drove home that these guys aren't The Avengers, these guys are from the streets and they're street protectors so I thought it was appropriate.

See, I thought the music was great because it gave the fight much needed adrenaline AND more importantly I felt it was appropriate to use THAT song because it drove home that these guys aren't The Avengers, these guys are from the streets and they're street protectors so I thought it was appropriate.

What?
1) Why would that song do that. Just cause it's rap?
2) I don't get how that drives home that they're not the Avengers. Actually, why did that have to be driven home when it was obvious from jump. Also Cage and kinda Matt are the only ones from "the street" and even in the MCU Cage isn't a "street" as his comic counterpart

Again fan of the music and there are good ways to use it, but in those 2 instances it was really awkward

I love Wu so I didn't care one bit it got played. It honestly got me more into the fight.

I love Wu too. That doesn't mean that the placement wasn't awkward to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"