Season 1 / Episode 8: What If… Ultron Won?

Couldn't Vision have done that in Infinity War before Thanos tore out the mind stone from his head?

Also Hank Pym Yellowjacket was particularly deadly and even managed to kill the Hulk by destroying him from the inside out. Couldn't Ant-Man have done the same to Thanos?

John Campea went on a rant about this when asked about the episode. Said that he enjoyed the episode until the last minute of it and then bashed Marvel Studios for forcing this to make this MCU canon saying that Marvel has to shoehorn in everything into one collected universe and said that WB did a great job separating their TV and movies in two separate universes.

The live chat did not agree with him. And not for the first time. Ironically he's fine with the multiverse in Sony's Spiderverse, animation or live action.

I'm going with half it was a funny joke and half Ultron was nowhere near as damaged as Vision was in Wakanda (Speared and getting over that while also recovering from the procedure that Shuri was attempting on him.) when Thanos arrived combined with Ultron simply being a character that always errs on the side of completely ruthless action in any given situation.

Guy shows up out of portal. Immediate scans indicate never before seen levels of power concentrated in his gauntlet. Ultron made his decision in microseconds and acted unencumbered by Vision's sense of curiosity, honor, morals or any kind of forward thinking that would rely on those characteristics.

My take.

But also... They thought it would get a laugh, yeah.

One of the most prominent and widely-discussed moments of the What If trailer was the Guardians of the Multiverse 360 degrees shot. For Campea to act as if the series blindsided him with this episode's ending, it's disingenuous, to say the least.

So I think What if has, like, the best action scenes out of all the MCU? The animated format really lets the creators go all out on the characters' fighting. I Hope season 2 has some love for a bit of Hulk and Iron Man action.

So I think What if has, like, the best action scenes out of all the MCU? The animated format really lets the creators go all out on the characters' fighting. I Hope season 2 has some love for a bit of Hulk and Iron Man action.
Certainly some very good ones but yeah, live action is much more difficult and expensive to do the same scenes. I hope we get animated shows consistently now.

One of the most prominent and widely-discussed moments of the What If trailer was the Guardians of the Multiverse 360 degrees shot. For Campea to act as if the series blindsided him with this episode's ending, it's disingenuous, to say the least.

Yeah. Also, there was that other trailer that showed Party Thor talking to Evil Strange and referencing the Zombies.

I mean, he doesn't have to like it , but he can't say he wasn't warned.

Guy shows up out of portal. Immediate scans indicate never before seen levels of power concentrated in his gauntlet. Ultron made his decision in microseconds and acted unencumbered by Vision's sense of curiosity, honor, morals or any kind of forward thinking that would rely on those characteristics.

My take.

But also... They thought it would get a laugh, yeah.

I agree with this take. As soon as Ultron saw Thanos and the stones he immediately processed him as a threat as well as the stones being a major power upgrade.
Thanos on the other hand likes to strut in and assert his dominance a bit more slowly via dialog and then action. Ultron never even gave Thanos a chance to speak about his motivations and/or talk about how great he is.
Ultron: His mission is to kill everything, He doesn't need to wait to hear who you are or what your intentions are. He just gets it done. Ooooh, look at this...Zap-zip...the stones are mine and you're dead.

Vision had too many other hangups to be so ruthless.

After seeing Ultron unleashed in this episode, I now wish someone else had directed AOU. Such a waste of a great villain.

Why is Thanos such a weak character in this series?

One episode made him knocked hard by two members of the Black Order.
One episode turned him zombie off-screen.
This crap with Ultron immediately sliced the titan tyrant who played with Hulk while he only has one of the gems he seek and didn't need power to pin good ol' jade jaws down.

Jeffrey Wright losing his sh** was amazing and the Charles Xavier and Galactus nods were wild.

i think i missed the xavier nod? what was it

edit: saw the post on the next page. has any of the other russian been translated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"