Season 2/Episode 1 | “What If… Nebula Joined the Nova Corps?”

I liked the Blade Runner aesthetic and vibes.
Would have liked it if it were a bit longer but that's a common complaint about What If episodes.

Putting some thoughts in spoiler tags just in case (since there isn't a warning in the title). It's funny be cause I just did a rewatch of both Blade Runner movies this past week, so the cyberpunk/neo-noir vibes were very apparent. I dug the general feel of the episode as well. Nothing crazy or mindblowing amazing (and as mentioned, I wish the the runtime for these episodes were longer), but overall it was a pretty fun episode.

And I do appreciate the use of some of the lesser characters like
Howard the Duck and Yon-Rogg. And maybe it's because I just finished playing Phantom Liberty a few weeks ago, but did anyone else get President Myers vibes from Nova Prime lol?

I mean, I'm never going to complain about more
Howard the Duck
but overall I thought the episode was boring. The overall concept of Nebula joining the Nova Corps isn't that compelling of an idea since she's been on the "good team" for the majority of her appearances in the MCU.

It was basically just a Blade Runner pastiche, but it was a fun one.

Fun episode, can we please give Howard his own movie, show, or something please? I feel like it's long overdue. He literally steals every scene he's in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"