Season 2/Episode 5 | “What If… Captain Carter Fought the Hydra Stomper?”

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Discuss the episode here.

Last edited:
This episode was pretty solid. I liked that it wasn't as beat-for-beat copying TWS like the first Captain Carter episode was for TFA.

This episode was pretty solid. I liked that it wasn't as beat-for-beat copying TWS like the first Captain Carter episode was for TFA.

Agreed, I really enjoyed this one as well. I felt they did a better job than the Captain Carter episode in the 1st season. Where's that one was just The First Avenger but with Peggy instead, this feels like they went off way into left field from the original path of The Winter Soldier. I also like how we got to see how the world changed from WWII onwards, like how Peggy inspired a generation of women. Seems like Hydra isn't a thing in this world but Russia and the Red Room had a stronger hold as a result. Also different things in place like Bucky leading the World Council and The Wasp on the Avengers team (but no Hulk, maybe Banner never transformed in this world). While before I was a bit on the fence about revisiting Captain Carter, I'm now curious to see what other things are different in her world. If they do another episode in season 3, I wonder if we're even going to have a Civil War or something completly different.

Also I felt the pacing in the last 3 episodes were actually pretty good. I never felt things were terribly rushed. Granted part of that for this episode is because we saw Carter's origin in the first season but still it worked to this episode's benefit.

Last edited:
Is it just me or would anyone else love a Captain Carter/Black Widow team up series set in this universe? They have great chemistry. Very much like what Widow and Hawkeye have in the mainline. I know it won't happen but there is such a great oppurtunity for them to do a female team up that doesn't feel contrived.

And will definitely see Captain Carter again in the eighth episode, "What If... The Avengers Assembled in 1602?" going by the last scene of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"