• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Season 2: Episode 7 - Clash of the Metal Men!

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Clash of the Metal Men Pictures and Teasers!
Original Airdate - January 29th, 2010
Batman is introduced to a team of energetic androids known as the Metal Men. When their creator goes missing at the hands of the Gas Gang, Batman helps them track the villains to get him back.

Man they really are building up Starro. Freaking awesome. :D

OMG Starro has taken over Atlantis . :wow:
HIDDEN GUEST APPEARANCE
hypnotoad.gif

The Metal Men were nicely done.
Although I thought Doc Magnus first name was "Will" but he called himself "Milton".
Gas Gang was as funny-looking animated as they are in the comics.
Solid 'B' episode.

Face sitting joke was full of win lol. Decent episode, the Metal Men seem quite appealing. :)

Amusingly the doctor looked like the BTAS Bruce Wayne.

Face sitting joke was full of win lol. Decent episode, the Metal Men seem quite appealing. :)

Amusingly the doctor looked like the BTAS Bruce Wayne.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed this . This episode was fun filler episode that still packed a punch due to the teaser with Starro's minions taken over Atlantis. Plus the debut of the Metal Men & Gas Gang into animation was done quite well looking forward to seeing the Metal Men again in future episodes .

the link in theOP isn't working

"The doc encodes me with his files every night" <-- Seriously whatever the Platium chick said was downright dirty.

dqlqv6.jpg

11r3q5j.jpg

"The doc encodes me with his files every night" <-- Seriously whatever the Platium chick said was downright dirty.

dqlqv6.jpg

11r3q5j.jpg

What makes it even creepier is that, apparently, she is Dr. Magnus's sister, but she was turned into an android and her memories were erased, so she unknowingly falls in love with her brother. I'm not making this up.

Plastic Man, you're married, dammit!:cmad::cwink:

What makes it even creepier is that, apparently, she is Dr. Magnus's sister, but she was turned into an android and her memories were erased, so she unknowingly falls in love with her brother. I'm not making this up.

Plastic Man, you're married, dammit!:cmad::cwink:
well now since DC retconed this for the whole blank robots with responsometers instead of Will Magnus's fiance being Plantina.

The Metal Men were nicely done.
Although I thought Doc Magnus first name was "Will" but he called himself "Milton".
Gas Gang was as funny-looking animated as they are in the comics.
Solid 'B' episode.

It is!!

But at least they kept his smoker's pipe and didn't go all PC :woot:

I'd give this episode a 9 out of 10 if there was a poll it was just so much fun and awesome to see Dr. Magnus & The Metal Men brought to life. Plus we got Metal Men armored Batman who rocked and of course Batman on helium :hehe:

well now since DC retconed this for the whole blank robots with responsometers instead of Will Magnus's fiance being Plantina.

Never mind. I mis-read the biography, and she was not related to him, but she was his brother's fiance. The biography I read was just so badly written.

The site seems to be down. Stop being so tight 3D man! ;) :)

who's the faceless orange guy in the teaser?

One of my favourite episodes.

- Starro teaser
- Loved the Metal Men and the Gas Gang
- Metal Men batsuit
- Great effects and fight scenes
- Chair joke
- "The doctor encodes me with his files every night"
- Batman on helium. HILARIOUS
- The doctor looked like BTAS Bruce Wayne

I've never heard of the Metal Men before this episode, but i loved them from the get go. They reminded me of that superhero team of three simblings with superpowers based on water, fire and... earth was it? I cant remember their name. Anyway i hope we see more of the Metal Men.

10/10 from me.

The teaser this time continues to develop the Starro invasion, this time overtaking all of Atlantis, and even our beloved Aquaman. I have to say, these are getting creepier everytime, and this arc is more effective than the Equinox arc.

In the main episode, while battling Chemo, Batman is introduced to the Metal Men, a team of super-advanced, crime-fighting androids built by Dr. Milton (?) Magnus. While visiting his lab, the vengeful villains known as the Gas Gang kidnap Magnus, and it's up to Batman and the Metal Men to save him. Magnus learns that the Gang is actually his old lab partners, and builds them robotic suits. Batman then reveals of their true evil intentions, and the heroes stop the Gas Gang. During the fight, the androids are broken, but Tin save Magnus and Batman defeats the villains. At the end, the Metal Men are repaired, and Batman is left with a helium voice.

A nice episode with some funny moments (mainly, Platinum flirting with Batman). The Metal Men were interesting to see, and I loved how the Gas Gang's robotic appearances resembled their goofy designs in the comics. However, it was a little bland, and nothing outstanding really happened. The teaser did leave me a little more excited than the main course.

NEXT WEEK: During a science field-trip, the villain Dr. Double-X battles Batman and causes a nuclear reaction that splits the hero into three emotionally unstable personas. Luckily, the brilliant student Jason Rusch and the dimwitted science teacher Ronnie Raymond are transformed into the superhero Firestorm, who lends Batman a helping hand.

Love the overarching Starro plot. :up:

The Metal Men were great, as could be expected. I thought the personalities were really on key.

Helium-voiced Batman was hysterical in dropping his deadpan lines. :woot:

Helium: (laughing) "That's never not funny."

Props to Bill Fagerbakke for his vocal versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"