• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Season 2, Episode 9 "Seven Minutes in Heaven" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Why is Ellison acting such a good guy now? He seemed awfully shady in the first season.

One of my favorite tropes is the big bad and the anti-hero going head-to-head, being forced to work together out of mutual self-interest, and then parting ways while swearing thinly veiled threats at one another. All of Frank and Fisk's interactions were awesome.

Speaking of awesome, it was hilarious how Fisk was so damn good at what he does, he was practically running the joint even before the title credits dropped.

Why is Ellison acting such a good guy now? He seemed awfully shady in the first season.

To make us think he was the mole.

And he's probably much nicer now because he still feels awful about Ben.

Wow Wilson Fisk is total D-bag for doing that to Frank.

That pissed me off so bad. What a villain.

Any chance Fisk is the main villain for Defenders?

Any chance Fisk is the main villain for Defenders?

I feel like it has to be The Hand and maybe Evil Elektra? Not sure what else they could do at this point.

Why aren't more people talking about this episode. It was fantastic, up there with 3 and 4 for me.

Frank and all those other guys was just wow.

tumblr_m1vj051x5U1qf2pnoo2_500.gif

I know nothing about The Hand, but stuff is starting to get creepy, creepy with them.

As much as I loved Wesley, him dying was probably the best thing to happen in terms of Fisk's development as the big bad. He was such a great character that I've gotten used to him being the embodiment of Fisk's more cerebral villainy, which often left D'Onofrio with just his character's more passionate aspects, which while still good made him seem lesser than Wesley at times. With Wesley gone he now gets to front and center with his manipulations and he combined with his more bestial side makes an even more frightening villain than before.

Yo, watched the episode again. Fisk is a savage, Dutton is likely to suffocate on his own blood and Fisk is saying he won't die alone because he'll be right there. He'll be eating some fancy dish while this all happens too.

I also feel like getting a shirt saying "there's only room for one kingpin".

Amazing episode. The setup at the end is a huge and intriguing thing, yet I can't stop thinking about Fisk and Castle. The show just keeps topping itself with things.

This was, if not the best episode, one of the top few.

Before anyone says fisk can win frank in a fight.

Frank was heavily handcuffed and leg cuffed. Also frank just finish fighting lot of jail mate. It isn't a fair fight.

1 to 1 in a fair fight..frank WILL kill fisk.i have no doubt

Well seeing as how they are fictional characters and the writers can make whomever they want the victor in a fight...:sly:

Loved when Frank stopped lending an ear and called kingpin washed up lol

Ooh, man. That prison fight scene was brutal and the scenes between Frank and Fisk were awesome. I was thinking that Stan the accountants son was going to be Daniel Rand for a sec for some dumb reason, probably wishful thinking. :funny:

Fantastic episode, the dynamic between frank and fisk keep you glued to your seat. That prison fight was gory as ****, that shanking reminded me of the raid films. Overall just brilliant execution throughout this episode. A Majority of people saying this episode (thread) deserves more praise. Actually the last few episodes have been great considering that alot of people liked episodes 1-4 mainly. it has been great viewing thoughout so far.

They really have done a superb job this season. Another awesome episode. William Forsythe!! They get all the coolest old school actors for this show. the Return of Kingpin was great.

Great to see Fisk finally become the Kingpin. I wonder if Frank will keep that body armor and use it as part of his Punisher outfit.

The only thing I would've liked more of is Elektra in this episode. Would've been nice to see all 4 big characters featuring in a single episode.

Doesn't seem like Fisk was in prison too long before Castle began his killing spree.

Well... Let's get right to it...
So, Wilson has been a busy bee. I love Vincent in the role, though I still find that manner of speaking to be too often off putting and over the top, but it far from RUINS the performance for me. The character of the white collar criminal that approaches Fisk, I know he is not supposed to be but in terms of attitude he just came off like Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew and, that is awesome. Probably not an Easter Egg but now in my personal head canon that's who he is. :sly:

A round of applause for Forsythe, like Clancy Brown earlier, he's an actor that just lends credibility to any role he takes but especially the ruthless criminal types. Indeed there can only be one Kingpin Dutton... And it ain't gonna be you.

Elektra reveals something apparent to us all... This version has been a little nutty since she was very young. Killing at age 12? That's pretty dark.

I like that the whole of the season up to now has really explored the killing of Frank's family as a motivating factor. I will say it again, a PUNISHER Netflix series with Berthal is a must. Can we talk about that prison fight? Here is a great example of how things like fight choreography doesn't have to be a perfunctory thing. Here we see a some what similar set up to Matt's seaon one fight in the hallway, but now the protagonist in the action set piece is The Punisher and his reactions and manner of fighting isn't like DD's. So wonderfully brutal. I felt like I was shanked by the end of it.

This "Rising"? I don't know... I really feel this is going to tie in less with Defenders and more with Iron Fist. That's me though.

I think that the handling of Karen on the show has been SO good. I think it's interesting that they seem to want to move Karen into the role Ben Urich usually played in the comics and... That's really cool. As the Ellison character shows, people can often have a huge impact with their deaths. It's been a while but can anyone tell me if Karen was involved with a fatality in the comics too?

I have to say that I do wish there were some more limits to the Kingpin's influence in the prison. Lord knows that such things do go on behind bars but at this level? On the other hand, it is a super hero show, and no matter how grounded still takes place in a "heightened and epic reality". DD certainly getting his Batman on at The Farm. This Hand stuff really seems to be going to full on supernatural mode. I wonder if when it's all said and done if this will have reached the ears of the Avengers? I mean... this is some whacked out stuff Matt is dealing with, what could be a gigantic threat which includes powers that can raise the dead. Madness!!!

I will use Role Playing Games standard here:

The fight between Matt and Nobu in season 1 was like someone fighting a boss 10 levels stronger than him.
The fight in this episode was like the protagonist fighting against a boss 30 levels stronger than him.

Just watched this episode for the first time, and can only say WOW! Frank and Fisk, every scene was sublime!

"Look, if Matt doesn't want to share his life with me, that is between me and him."
Then Karen, why don't you go out and grill Matt until he tells you what's going on? And why doesn't Foggy just tell her about Matt's secret?

I thought the Jon Bernthal and Vincent D'Onofrio scenes in this episode were excellent and the action was intense. I don't remember last season being this bloody. At times it almost feels like a splatter movie or a Martin Scorsese crime film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"