Daredevil Season 1, Episode 13 "Daredevil" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Solid finale, though a tad disappointing compared to the rest of the show.

My thoughts:

-Loved the opener.
-The Foggy/Matt bromance drama still felt a little cheesy to me
-The montage of Fisk's empire being taken down was such a wonderfully satisfying climax to the main conflict. The use of Nessun Dorma was a little tacky, but undeniably effective. One of the best scenes in the show.
-Fisk's proposal broke my heart.
-The bridge scene was so great. Fisk walking around like a badass was scary.
-However, everything after the bridge scene is the worst part of the entire show imo. I get that they wanted to steer into more typical superhero territory at the end, but it felt a little cartoony and simplistic to me (the final fight and most of the dialogue & acting during it, the music, the costume, the hero poses, etc).

Still a really great show though.

I'm kind of on the same page with you regarding the finale.
I had to watch this episode twice to get the full effect. The 1st viewing was a bit of a let down considering how amazing #11 & #12 were. After watching #13 again after a few days of cooldown from the series, I definitely came away satisfied. It was as a complete ending as I could expect.

As for the costume, it looked great in action. My only complaint has to do with the black jaw pieces on the cowl. I think it would've looked better had it been colored the same dark maroon like the helmet. Just a minor gripe, otherwise it looked great!

-However, everything after the bridge scene is the worst part of the entire show imo. I get that they wanted to steer into more typical superhero territory at the end, but it felt a little cartoony and simplistic to me (the final fight and most of the dialogue & acting during it, the music, the costume, the hero poses, etc).

Still a really great show though.

I wouldn't say worst but i agree with rest. It felt like early 2000 comic book movies.

I didn't like some shots they used for Daredevil before final fight. Those stuff work better on comic book pages.

I must admit i find black mask daredevil a lot more cooler than final version. Mask must change imo.

Fisk looking at white wall similar to art museum was a great way to end his story though.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to write up much, but hot damn did I love this. This show has raised the bar for comic book shows and films alike. From here on out for any hero/comic show or film, if fight choreography is not up to par with that of this show, then it is garbage in my eyes.

finally finished season 1
a bit late but damn good television

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"