Daredevil Season 1, Episode 13 "Daredevil" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Yeah Luke is Jessica's love interest that's why he was cast before his show even got a showrunner. Hes gotta be in his boo series. And Danny even as just a friend has to show up for a episode or two at least in Luke Cage series I mean they are best friends. That's like foggy with no Matt. They've been a team for decades

[BLACKOUT]Such a great moment with Matt standing atop the building as the camera pans from behind.

I like the bodysuit overall, but I'm not crazy about the added black sections (though I imagine that aids with actual functionality) and something about the facial structure of the cowl seems off. I wouldn't be surprised if it's continually tweaked into something more seamless... hopefully resembling the perfect kickass imaging of the show's opening sequence.

What a fight between Kingpin and Daredevil. I had the full madman's grin going.[/BLACKOUT]

It's easy to see a springboard to a second season and it needs to happen. Bring on the next series!

Great ending. The suit looks better in action, but I'm not fully feeling it.

I'm ready for the next shows.

Fun ending. Really a blast throughout. I'm glad they did it through a combination of Daredevil and the law. Made for a fun time. I just wish they didn't hold off on the suit all the way until there. I know that's being selfish, but I at least thought it would be at the beginning of the episode. I like it, but I also think I need a bit more time to get used to it. Glad to see Nelson and Murdock back together at the end and Daredevil get a bit of redemption in the eyes of the city. Really, things are set up to go places (whenever that is).

I for one loved to see the suit in action. Liked what I saw in the posters, but it was much better in the show. And the last fight, so great! Felt like a proper payback to see Matt finally kicking Fisk's ass. All in all, a great ending to a fantastic series. DeKnight really knocked it out of the park.

[BLACKOUT]Kingpin's line about the traveler... The escape... THAT FINAL FIGHT![/BLACKOUT] I was at the edge of my seat for the last 20 minutes. Amazing conclusion to a great series.

Only complaint is the suit, I thought it would have been a little more smooth and sleek, but it was just too patchy; almost like a fan cosplay costume rather than for a high production TV show. If they got rid of all the black and went for more of a smooth look, it would have been great. But that's a minor complaint, the writing is where it matters and they show did that amazingly well.

This show... :hmr:

“I am the ill intent who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on.”

only the helmet looked a bit weird... i think his mask looked a lot better... something akin to the zorro..

Then again, TDK suit was weird but it served a purpose... function over form. But he needed the suit.... he was taking a real toll.

The armored truck scene was absolutely amazing. Best damn scene in any TV show I've seen in a long time! So intense and it made Fisk look like a BAD ASS.

What an amazing ride it's been watching this show. Seriously, this has been the highlight of my year so far. Everything was just perfect.

Bravo, Marvel, Bravo!

gtC71Mn.gif

AMAZING final episode.

A few nitpicks: Why couldn't they squeeze Stan in there somewhere?!? I wish DD named himself. I guess no logo on the suit makes sense now,but I still don't like it.

I am entirely sold on the costume,now having seen it in live action. I think it looks fantastic. I suppose a tweak here and there wouldn't hurt, but I'm very satisfied. (Pity we had to wait 12 hrs to get there,but.....)

I loved Fisk's whole "Good Samaritan speech. I was frankly hoping we'd get some kind of worthy soliloquy from him and that hit the spot.

The last fight,man. Fisk was a beast & DD was awesome. It felt like a "Straight from the comics" moment.

Glad to see Matt,Foggy & Karen all together at the end. Will be interesting to see what they could do with a season 2.

Check the Easter Egg thread. There's a Stan Lee easter egg even though the actor didn't make it in.

I would have loved a live performance. It is a character he created, after all.

Finally finished. I'm glad Matt got a happy ending but I feel sorry for Venessa and partiallysad for Fisk as well as scared of what he'll do when he gets out. As well as curious about how he gets out.

Kingpin was so poetic in this series at times.

I know it's series but give Vincent D'Onofrio an oscar already.

Also crime takes a toll on people. :oldrazz:

tumblr_inline_nmpt2czy0L1qddciw_500.gif

I know it's series but give Vincent D'Onofrio an oscar already.

Also crime takes a toll on people. :oldrazz:

tumblr_inline_nmpt2czy0L1qddciw_500.gif

All they would really need to do to have some Wilson Fisk flashbacks is have D'Onofrio grow his hair out(which he has already done) and dye it darker before shaving it off again. I'm really excited to see where this series goes.

One question. [blackout]
Who is M. Caldwell? What comics does she appear in? Issue number, mini, annual.[/blackout]

DAREDEVIL came to a rewarding but unexpected finale. What took me by surprised was the level of finality and closure this climax offered, given how I was very much prepared for a last episode that would leave lots of balls hanging in the air for an eventual Season 2. But no, this very much plays like a series finale, or the end of a film, albeit with just enough threads that could be pulled into a new story down the line. After all the character work of the previous few episodes, it felt like that by necessity took a backseat to a more densely-packed, plot-heavy episode here, meaning that this wasn't the best episode of the series. But still, very strong, and some cathartic moments that we've been building towards for the whole series. The highlight, of course, must be Daredevil (for at last, with his red costume, we can call him Daredevil) finally getting his showdown with Wilson Fisk, and credit to Cox and D'Onofrio (and, at certain moments, their stunt doubles), this was probably the best one-on-one fight of the season, the rage these two have accumulated towards one another exploding in flying fists and billy club swipes. I was a wee bit sad at the lack of a post-credit scene of some kind to set up the shared Netflix/Defenders universe, but that's a niggle at best. Overall, this deftly wrapped up what has been one of the best seasons of television I've seen in some time.

anyone know what the Black Sky was? other than a kid?

Solid finale, though a tad disappointing compared to the rest of the show.

My thoughts:

-Loved the opener.
-The Foggy/Matt bromance drama still felt a little cheesy to me
-The montage of Fisk's empire being taken down was such a wonderfully satisfying climax to the main conflict. The use of Nessun Dorma was a little tacky, but undeniably effective. One of the best scenes in the show.
-Fisk's proposal broke my heart.
-The bridge scene was so great. Fisk walking around like a badass was scary.
-However, everything after the bridge scene is the worst part of the entire show imo. I get that they wanted to steer into more typical superhero territory at the end, but it felt a little cartoony and simplistic to me (the final fight and most of the dialogue & acting during it, the music, the costume, the hero poses, etc).

Still a really great show though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"