Daredevil Season 1, Episode 13 "Daredevil" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score

SQs68NO.png

Discuss the Season 1 finale: "Daredevil" here.

In the season finale, a boxed-in Fisk and a desperate Murdock, Foggy and Karen are forced to play their end games.
ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE ('cuz you know S2 is coming) MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
So I will address the elephant room:

End of season 1. Ben Urich: DEAD. The Owl: DEAD. IMHO, not the best route they could've gone. Madame Gao escaping scot free was kind of a letdown.

Other than that I had a good time. Vincent D'Onofrio's performance was fantastic. Great fight with Daredevil at least. The ending was a good note to go out on.

So I will address the elephant room:

End of season 1. Ben Urich: DEAD. The Owl: DEAD. IMHO, not the best route they could've gone. Madame Gao escaping scot free was kind of a letdown.

Other than that I had a good time. Vincent D'Onofrio's performance was fantastic. Great fight with Daredevil at least. The ending was a good note to go out on.

Now I wish I hadn't clicked the spoiler tag.
What the hell, DeKnight?!

They really stuck the landing IMO, hands down this show is amazing. I seriously hope Marvel and Netlix maintain this level of quality. Now for spoilers on the episode

As far as the Owl goes they did stress numerous times that he had a son and we all no how many supervillains are born when the hero kills their father. I understand why they waited so long to reveal the suit, it fit with the story they were trying to tell. I dig the suit, but I'm not in love with it, I think it's akin to how Cap went from the Avengers to his TWS suit, I'm sure there will be some tweeks and upgrades. Much more practical and believable than all leather and I do love how you can tell the eyes are covered with that armor to protect him from eye gouges. It does suck Ben is dead but man when Kingpin killed him it was absolutely brutal and showed what kind of monster he is.

All in all I give the show a 10/10. For me it was everything I ever wanted out of a DD show and so much more

Except Kingpin killed his father. And there is nothing to indicate that it was Daredevil, and there is evidence his father was conspiring against Kingpin.

We need some gifs of Daredevil!

Probably doing the other characters first and then Defenders before season 2.

Does Marvel want to blow their load with the Defenders by having everyone appearing in everyone's shows before their big team up? Would kind of take away the impact a bit.

They really stuck the landing IMO, hands down this show is amazing. I seriously hope Marvel and Netlix maintain this level of quality. Now for spoilers on the episode

As far as the Owl goes they did stress numerous times that he had a son and we all no how many supervillains are born when the hero kills their father. I understand why they waited so long to reveal the suit, it fit with the story they were trying to tell. I dig the suit, but I'm not in love with it, I think it's akin to how Cap went from the Avengers to his TWS suit, I'm sure there will be some tweeks and upgrades. Much more practical and believable than all leather and I do love how you can tell the eyes are covered with that armor to protect him from eye gouges. It does suck Ben is dead but man when Kingpin killed him it was absolutely brutal and showed what kind of monster he is.

All in all I give the show a 10/10. For me it was everything I ever wanted out of a DD show and so much more

4 tweaks I'd do to the suit (much better in the show than on the poster as expected i guess).

-All of it one lighter shade of red. It looked black in certain shots.
-Have the cowl all one thing, at least the helmet part not the neck piece.
-Remove the part which is covering the jaw either side that looked weird.
-And obviously DDs.

Buuuttt Potter even said it wasn't finished right, something to that effect anyway

The finale was great - this show was phenomenal. There is no way you can argue it isn't the best superhero TV show. The costume was pretty good - the helmet looked a little odd sometimes and the 'DD', would have been nice, but it looked fantastic - very glad I saw it for the first time actually in the show. DeKnight and co. deserve a huge congrats for such a brilliant adaptation. Loved it.

Does Marvel want to blow their load with the Defenders by having everyone appearing in everyone's shows before their big team up? Would kind of take away the impact a bit.

It's not going to happen. It will just be little small things, like the police office and desk sgt. or the hospital and nurses, etc.

Luke Cage is in AKA Jessica Jones and it's pretty much a lock Iron Fist would cameo in Luke Cage

You don't make Luke Cage without Iron Fist just like you don't make Jessica Jones without Luke Cage.

You don't make Luke Cage without Iron Fist just like you don't make Jessica Jones without Luke Cage.

How do you know for sure? They made Daredevil without Bullseye and Elektra ;) .

Besides, they will be together in Defenders anyway.

Defenders is only 6 episodes why try and introduce someone's boyfriend and the boyfriends best friend to each other in a mini series

I heard it was 8

Per Marvel. 60 one hour episodes.

Daredevil - 13
AKA JJ - 13
Luke Cage - 13
Iron Fist - 13

So that adds up to 52. 60-52 = 8.

So Defenders will be eight going by Marvel's initial announcement.

Just finished. Wow. Brilliant. Does for the super hero genre what Game of Thrones did for Fantasy.
Good way to finish it as well. Tied up the story but with enough room for season 2 or defenders.

Just have to wait for Jessica Jones now. I don't think Luke Cage should be in it. This will be her story, Cage will have his own. Then they can be together in Defenders and see how it goes from there.
Sorry Flash but you are no longer the best super hero show on tv.

But Luke is an integral part of Jess' story, it would make no sense to not include him. I understand if Iron Fist doesn't show up in Luke's show even though most people have them attached at the hip

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"