• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Season 1, Episode 13 "Daredevil" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Solid finale, though a tad disappointing compared to the rest of the show.

My thoughts:

-Loved the opener.
-The Foggy/Matt bromance drama still felt a little cheesy to me
-The montage of Fisk's empire being taken down was such a wonderfully satisfying climax to the main conflict. The use of Nessun Dorma was a little tacky, but undeniably effective. One of the best scenes in the show.
-Fisk's proposal broke my heart.
-The bridge scene was so great. Fisk walking around like a badass was scary.
-However, everything after the bridge scene is the worst part of the entire show imo. I get that they wanted to steer into more typical superhero territory at the end, but it felt a little cartoony and simplistic to me (the final fight and most of the dialogue & acting during it, the music, the costume, the hero poses, etc).

Still a really great show though.

I'm kind of on the same page with you regarding the finale.
I had to watch this episode twice to get the full effect. The 1st viewing was a bit of a let down considering how amazing #11 & #12 were. After watching #13 again after a few days of cooldown from the series, I definitely came away satisfied. It was as a complete ending as I could expect.

As for the costume, it looked great in action. My only complaint has to do with the black jaw pieces on the cowl. I think it would've looked better had it been colored the same dark maroon like the helmet. Just a minor gripe, otherwise it looked great!

-However, everything after the bridge scene is the worst part of the entire show imo. I get that they wanted to steer into more typical superhero territory at the end, but it felt a little cartoony and simplistic to me (the final fight and most of the dialogue & acting during it, the music, the costume, the hero poses, etc).

Still a really great show though.

I wouldn't say worst but i agree with rest. It felt like early 2000 comic book movies.

I didn't like some shots they used for Daredevil before final fight. Those stuff work better on comic book pages.

I must admit i find black mask daredevil a lot more cooler than final version. Mask must change imo.

Fisk looking at white wall similar to art museum was a great way to end his story though.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to write up much, but hot damn did I love this. This show has raised the bar for comic book shows and films alike. From here on out for any hero/comic show or film, if fight choreography is not up to par with that of this show, then it is garbage in my eyes.

finally finished season 1
a bit late but damn good television

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"