Secret Wars discussion

If true,

lead as in the lead character in the movie or leader of the New Avengers? Also wondering if they'll have him get the symbiote suit in Kang Dynasty or in this movie.

Quantumania spoilers

Very clear reference to the 2014 Secret Wars in the movie with specific references to Incursions. Apparently, Kang believed he was stopping them by destroying timelines. I wonder if Kang is going to take Dr. Doom's role in this movie.

Quantumania spoilers

Very clear reference to the 2014 Secret Wars in the movie with specific references to Incursions. Apparently, Kang believed he was stopping them by destroying timelines. I wonder if Kang is going to take Dr. Doom's role in this movie.

That's what I'm thinking as well. In fact based on how Quantumania ended...
I don't think Kang is dead. Just spitting balling but I think The Kang Dynasty is going to focus on the Avengers fighting the Council of Kangs. But by the end of the movie, our main Kang will return somehow (and maybe with some type of power boost after getting sucked into that multiverse power core). He will take out both the Avengers and the Council. And in his "attempt" to stop the incurisions, he create Battleworld and he is going to be the main threat of Secret Wars. God Emperor Kang.

Famke Jannsen, Anna Paquin, Olivia Munn and Halle Berry need to get their own moment here, like similar to A-Force scene in Endgame.

I feel like its going to be so predictable if its just the golden boys of foXverse returning.

James Marsden is a must too!

Well, that's assuming all of them are going to be in this. ^^'

Not gonna lie though, a redemption for Cyclops' character would be nice.

Well, that's assuming all of them are going to be in this. ^^'

Not gonna lie though, a redemption for Cyclops' character would be nice.
Not a fan of Cyclops but yes, he wasn't properly dealt with in the films. :(

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was up for it if asked to. Unleashing a full on optic blast on Kang would be satisfying.

The 3 names mentioned were Coogler, Raimi and Watts. Also, it won't be the Russo's.

I still have a hunch they get approached before this is over. Raimi I don't think would do it. Watts I can also see passing. Coogler of those 3 I think is most likely to do it

Raimi is my obvious choice. It's been a dream of mine for him to helm an avengers movie.

Last edited:
Raimi I don't think would do it.
I mean... if one of the movie's stipulations would be to work with Tobey Maguire again (on the assumption they bring his Spider-Man back along with Andrew's for Secret Wars), I can't imagine Raimi wouldn't at least realistically consider the notion on that alone. But that's just what I think.

I echo what Gothamsknight said in not being against the idea of Raimi directing an Avengers movie.

I’d take Coogler or the Russos. Raimi could be interesting too. Just hope someone reliable is confirmed asap.

I mean... if one of the movie's stipulations would be to work with Tobey Maguire again (on the assumption they bring his Spider-Man back along with Andrew's for Secret Wars), I can't imagine Raimi wouldn't at least realistically consider the notion on that alone. But that's just what I think.

I echo what Gothamsknight said in not being against the idea of Raimi directing an Avengers movie.

I love Raimi and am not against it at all. I am just not sure Raimi is going to want to be tied down by the commitment SW will require. If it was announced that he was directing it I'd be stoked

Last edited:
Also, unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't want the Russos to come back. They did great with Infinity War and Endgame was... okay to me, but their post-MCU projects haven't impressed me and I think it's time to let someone else handle an Avengers movie, especially Secret Wars, ambitious a prospect that would be. I concur that Ryan Coogler would also be a good choice though.

But reading responses from a lot of MCU fans online criticizing Raimi's directorial style (cheesy, corny, outdated, that he'd be incapable of handling a project of this size and bring about the wrong tone for it, to paraphrase a few), I don't think it's very likely at the moment that he'll be picked. Would be a dream though.

Raimis style is so distinct and it would be such a great flavor change for an avengers movie. I think he would be the perfect choice. Coogler would be great too. No to Watts. Loved No Way Home, but yeah.

I get the feeling Jon Watts just got fatigued with doing superhero movies after No Way Home.

Would be a high stakes place to make a directing debut. Also could F up his legacy by taking that on and mucking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"