Secret Wars discussion

I’d be so down with Coogler doing Secret Wars!

The first Black Panther had scale and an ensemble cast and it sounds like he’s done well again with the second. He makes sense compared to most other available in-house candidates.

I’d be so down with Coogler doing Secret Wars!

Not to potentially brag, but I guessed this a month and a half ago:
Wonder if it’s going to be Ryan Coogler. He’s clearly one of their golden boys, Black Panther was a huge success, he’s great with ensembles, seems to have even more free reign this time around for the sequel which looks epic and great, and all the reactions that I’ve seen to that trailer have been overwhelmingly positive and emotional. They’d be foolish not to get him for that.

Imagine how much positive buzz would be created if the director of Wakanda Forever, which looks to be another slam dunk, was announced as the director of Secret Wars? People would lose their minds and turn up in droves.

With the Hugh Jackman Deadpool 3 news, I can’t help but think Secret Wars will be a send off for the pre-MCU characters. I swear my 7th grade self will squeal in glee if I get to see Tobey’s Spider-Man & Jackman’s Wolverine share the screen.

Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised he's coming back to the role. Makes me think Deadpool 3 will also spoof the hell out of the multiverse concept, but it does make me believe the chances of more pre-MCU Marvel actors popping back up in Secret Wars more likely.

With the Hugh Jackman Deadpool 3 news, I can’t help but think Secret Wars will be a send off for the pre-MCU characters. I swear my 7th grade self will squeal in glee if I get to see Tobey’s Spider-Man & Jackman’s Wolverine share the screen.
Seems like it could well be. I think they’ll limit the multiverse concept after that.

‘Avengers: Secret Wars’ Sets ‘Loki’ Writer Michael Waldron As Scribe – Deadline

Man, all these forum reorganizations sure keep me looking for where threads have gone. Apparently the "Secret Wars" thread is now in the "Kang Dynasty" section?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On one hand, Loki is still my favorite of the Disney+ shows. On the other, while I also liked Multiverse Of Madness, the writing was... not one of the best aspects.

To be fair, even though it was written during Covid, Multiverse of Madness, as a result of being completely reworked as a Raimi vehicle from scratch, had a much shorter turnaround time with writing the script than Loki, which had been in development for a few years from conception to final product. I’m certain that with this having more time to be developed and no global pandemic interfering with anything, the writing will turn out better and more polished. Time will tell, though.

I really don’t think that Doctor Strange 2’s script is a proper showcase of Michael Waldron’s writing talent. I am willing to see what he does when he’s not having to rush at the last minute.

having someone, who was involved in a multiversal show like Rick & Morty is a great win. Loki was awesome and MoM suffered definitely from the change of directors and the pandemic.
I have faith in Waldron

Surprised they didn’t get a couple of writers. It’s such a large story that I can’t imagine one person being able to write it all

There are rumblings that the MCU X-Men won't appear until phase 6/7 and that Feige wants to be bring back the Fox actors in Secret Wars to give them a proper finale. We can probably weed out the young cast because they weren't that popular but how cool would it be too see James, Halle, Famke, Grammar, Anna, Hugh in comic accurate costumes and Anna being the powerhouse we all want.

On one hand, Loki is still my favorite of the Disney+ shows. On the other, while I also liked Multiverse Of Madness, the writing was... not one of the best aspects.
You didn't like the Spider-Man shooting webs out of his bum exchange? :o

You didn't like the Spider-Man shooting webs out of his bum exchange? :o

If there were a Marvel character called Seagull, he could shoot stuff out of his bum as he flies by.

There are rumblings that the MCU X-Men won't appear until phase 6/7 and that Feige wants to be bring back the Fox actors in Secret Wars to give them a proper finale. We can probably weed out the young cast because they weren't that popular but how cool would it be too see James, Halle, Famke, Grammar, Anna, Hugh in comic accurate costumes and Anna being the powerhouse we all want.
There's a chance for any of them to appear in Secret Wars, whoever is available and wants to and fits with what they want to include. That film is surely the final time we will see them (if we see them).

It was all but inevitable really.

What if they include Ben Affleck, Jessica Alba and Nicholas Cage in that send off.

Damn it'd be like 2003, 2006 and 2014 for me again. *tears of joy*

I'm honestly surprised we haven't had a director reveal yet, or if even one's been chosen. If this movie is even half as gargantuan in scope as people are expecting, it would be in Kevin Feige's best interest to pick someone at least early next year.

Most likely will be Coogler and they’re waiting til after WF releases to announce it.

SiX Avengers movies in siX phases.

I wonder if they would go back to the days in which every phase included an Avenger movie.

What's the likelihood of getting Man Thing in Secret Wars?

I'm honestly surprised we haven't had a director reveal yet, or if even one's been chosen. If this movie is even half as gargantuan in scope as people are expecting, it would be in Kevin Feige's best interest to pick someone at least early next year.
The movie is still 3 years away and there's still plenty of time to find one. Unless they film this 2 years before may 2026.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it neXt year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"