Sequel? Your Thoughts...

It was more like the comics, but that doesn't make the movie not ******.
Well i enjoy the movie better than the '04 movie who had poor action, poor faithful and poor punisher. I'm so sorry but RAY is Punisher now.

Most people think Ang Lee's Hulk is long and boring. It's just a few loud people around here that disagree. Also, you apparently doing think TDK is 'that' good. Most people do. I'd say that you're the one going against the grain in what you consider a good movie. That's ok though, because everybody has different tastes. I too think TiH is much better than Ang Lee's movie. So does rotten tomatoes, and this thread shows that generally people here gave it a 7/8 or up.

The fact that i'm going against the grain doesn't mean I'm wrong. For the record, i really enjoyed The Dark Knight but, let's be clear here: the status of one of the top movies of all time is just rubbish.

It's well made, there are some good performances and the relationship between Batman and the Joker is well handled. But it tries to cram too many characters in to too short a space and the conclusion is completely unsatisfying.

I love it for its ambition but too many people are buying the hype that it's some remarkable piece of film-making that can compete with Michael Mann's Heat. it can't.

Anyway, Ang lee's Hulk wazzes all across the Ed Norton movie, which was so vapid i wanted it turned off after 30 minutes. i promise myself I'll watch it properly, but it was terrible. At least Ang Lee's was a different take, like it or not.

That's exactly the reason most comic fans don't like it, because it was different.

That's exactly the reason most comic fans don't like it, because it was different.

They seem more interested with being "faithful" to the material, rather than making a good film.

I hadn't come on here since the 2004 Punisher came out - I'm rapidly getting depresses at how ******ed some of the posters are on here.

I enjoy this movie and stop.

It's better than the script who Hensleigh was indeed to transform into Punisher: war zone. Hensleigh wrote a piece of s**t! After a good opening scene (that is similar to Punisher massacre Cesare scene), there is the worst script i've read! There are Frank Castle (not Punisher, only Castle), there are Jigsaw (that is no Jigsaw), there are a woman cop who fall in love with Castle (eh?) and the Holy (Jesus Christ, the Holy!) who make a stupid subplot who is resolved with other stupidity after the end credits!

Thanks God, thanks Lexi, thanks Ray!

It's better than the script who Hensleigh was indeed to transform into Punisher: war zone. Hensleigh wrote a piece of s**t! After a good opening scene (that is similar to Punisher massacre Cesare scene), there is the worst script i've read! There are Frank Castle (not Punisher, only Castle), there are Jigsaw (that is no Jigsaw), there are a woman cop who fall in love with Castle (eh?) and the Holy (Jesus Christ, the Holy!) who make a stupid subplot who is resolved with other stupidity after the end credits!

Not ready many scripts then? Hensleigh initial WarZone draft was a first draft - not the shooting script and Jane had a lot of changes he wants to make to it.

At least it had some pretence to being clever, War Zone is just idiotic, lowest common denominator story telling.

They seem more interested with being "faithful" to the material, rather than making a good film.

I hadn't come on here since the 2004 Punisher came out - I'm rapidly getting depresses at how ******ed some of the posters are on here.

I wouldn't say ******ed, maybe less discerning in taste. A lot of people just wanted a ******ed action and they got it, and God love 'em for actually liking it.

I wouldn't say ******ed, maybe less discerning in taste. A lot of people just wanted a ******ed action and they got it, and God love 'em for actually liking it.

I'm going to hang for "******ed" - but I see where you're coming from.

Um...no.

1. It's a FIRST DRAFT!!!!! I'm amazed at how many people dismiss that script despite it being first draft when it's painfully obvious that if Hensleigh stayed on, things in the script would have been changed anyway. That's what scripts go through.

2. Your reading comprehension must be severely lacking. There is no woman who falls in love with Castle. She's out to arrest him, believing his actions to be wrong, until she finds that only he can do what he does, and why he's necessary.

3. What do you mean there is only Frank Castle and no Punisher? He gets himself arrested so he can kill a pedophile! He travels to Texas to kill a murderer. He punishes people. What the hell are you talking about?

4. What do you mean it's not Jigsaw? Jigsaw in Hensleigh's script is a serious psychopath.

5. I'll give you the argument with The Holy. But it still worked.

I don't get some of the people on here. War Zone was insanely violent with a guy with a skull on his shirt and people call it everything a Punisher film should be. And i wonder if these people have read any Punisher stories NOT written by Garth Ennis, because it seems most haven't. Ennis's "MAX" stories, while heavily violent still have a dark, serious tone to it. I dont laugh my ass off when he blows a guy's head off, because that's not how it's presented.

As S. Grundy said, just because it's faithful doesn't make it good. It's how it's presented. I could take The Punisher and turn it into a laugh out loud comedy, if i wanted to. You can take the MAX stories and present them in a serious manner that is still a hard R, but doesn't get over the top and stupid. All it takes is someone who isn't an incompetent moron to do so. Hensleigh presented it great. The dude who did the Lundgren version presented it seriously. Lexi presented it as an over the top camp fest. Hensleigh managed to keep it serious, and if given the chance, his sequel would have been even truer in tone to the character. And if anyone bothered paying attention, at the end of The Punisher(04), he IS the Punisher. Not Frank Castle: Man out for blood. And in the sequel he would have been full on, detached from the world PUNISHER. That's what you get with origin stories like this character. So i don't get why people complain that he wasn't the Punisher in the 2004 film. It's about how he becomes the Punisher, and in the end, he does so. Just like in the comics.

Um...no.

1. It's a FIRST DRAFT!!!!! I'm amazed at how many people dismiss that script despite it being first draft when it's painfully obvious that if Hensleigh stayed on, things in the script would have been changed anyway. That's what scripts go through.

2. Your reading comprehension must be severely lacking. There is no woman who falls in love with Castle. She's out to arrest him, believing his actions to be wrong, until she finds that only he can do what he does, and why he's necessary.

3. What do you mean there is only Frank Castle and no Punisher? He gets himself arrested so he can kill a pedophile! He travels to Texas to kill a murderer. He punishes people. What the hell are you talking about?

4. What do you mean it's not Jigsaw? Jigsaw in Hensleigh's script is a serious psychopath.

I don't get some of the people on here. War Zone was insanely violent with a guy with a skull on his shirt and people call it everything a Punisher film should be. And i wonder if these people have read any Punisher stories NOT written by Garth Ennis, because it seems most haven't. Ennis's "MAX" stories, while heavily violent still have a dark, serious tone to it. I dont laugh my ass off when he blows a guy's head off, because that's not how it's presented.

As S. Grundy said, just because it's faithful doesn't make it good. It's how it's presented. I could take The Punisher and turn it into a laugh out loud comedy, if i wanted to. You can take the MAX stories and present them in a serious manner that is still a hard R, but doesn't get over the top and stupid. All it takes is someone who isn't an incompetent moron to do so. Hensleigh presented it great. The dude who did the Lundgren version presented it seriously. Lexi presented it as an over the top camp fest. Hensleigh managed to keep it serious, and if given the chance, his sequel would have been even truer in tone to the character. And if anyone bothered paying attention, at the end of The Punisher(04), he IS the Punisher. Not Frank Castle: Man out for blood. And in the sequel he would have been full on, detached from the world PUNISHER. That's what you get with origin stories like this character. So i don't get why people complain that he wasn't the Punisher in the 2004 film. It's about how he becomes the Punisher, and in the end, he does so. Just like in the comics.

Agree 100% - that was my feeling of the 2004 film - it's him losing his humanity and answering a bigger calling.

Um...no.

Great post

What was unnecessary about it?

The concept of The Hulk is very simple; he gets angry, he gets big, and he destroys everything in his path. Instead, we mostly got long, contemplative close-ups of desert flowers, flashbacks within flashbacks, and a 42-minute wait before any anticipated destruction begins.

"Hulk smash flowers" wouldnt have fit very well into the dialogue.

See I liked though little moments where Hulk was alone and looking at the flowers.

The concept of The Hulk is very simple; he gets angry, he gets big, and he destroys everything in his path. Instead, we mostly got long, contemplative close-ups of desert flowers, flashbacks within flashbacks, and a 42-minute wait before any anticipated destruction begins.

You obviously do not know $#!t about the Incredible Hulk. It's not some frat boy steroid rage formula, there is some actual story and plot elements to the character.

bashing Lee's HULK is an old-fashioned trend :hehe:

You obviously do not know $#!t about the Incredible Hulk. It's not some frat boy steroid rage formula, there is some actual story and plot elements to the character.

TIH is what The Hulk is about. Nuff said!!:oldrazz:

.....back to The Punisher..

TIH was okay, far from perfect. It could have taken a bit more from the first film, and most importantly the comics.

Was P:WZ supposed to be the first of a series? I thought it was really strange that Frank's sidekicks were killed in the first movie. I kept expecting him to save Micro and when he didn't I wondered "Who's going to assist Frank in the future?"

....yes, to answer your first question, and Frank doesn't really need assitance, since he very much has a death wish.

Last edited:
Do you guys think Punisher will wear his trenchcoat in the sequel? I had absoloutely no problems with him not wearing it in WZ, but I'm just curious if he will in the second one if there is a second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"