Shang-Chi 2 Discussion Thread

I want 2 minimum! Enjoyed this so much.

Call me crazy but this is what I think the sequel should be called

"Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings"

Hear me out for a second. The movie did not spend any time explaining the origins of the Ten Rings or how Wen Wu got it. During the mid credit ending they hint that the the main subject that will be explored in a future film will be the actual Ten Rings of power that Wen Wu wields.

So it definitely feels like the title of the first film was mainly a reference to the organization that Wen Wu lead instead of the rings of power that he wore. I know they won't use the same title again but it sure feels like they could, hence my joke.

Hear me out for a second. The movie did not spend any time explaining the origins of the Ten Rings or how Wen Wu got it. During the mid credit ending they hint that the the main subject that will be explored in a future film will be the actual Ten Rings of power that Wen Wu wields.

So it definitely feels like the title of the first film was mainly a reference to the organization that Wen Wu lead instead of the rings of power that he wore. I know they won't use the same title again but it sure feels like they could, hence my joke.
Haha, and they should have called the original film “Shang Chi 2”. :cwink:

Does it really matter what we want when they already confirmed a sequel? lol. But of course im excited for it.

What I like about the MCU movies and the character crossovers is that by the time we get to a true sequel of a certain character, it’s most likely his/her 4th or 5th appearance on screen. Like how it is with Doctor Strange. I want the same with Shang-Chi. I want his sequel to be like his 4th or 5th on screen appearance (and crossover in a few MCU movies in between)

They should have just called the 1st movie "Shang-Chi". Its similar to Captain America. it had extra three words, and we didn't have a big budgeted Captain America at the time, for it not to be just called "Captain America".

The title for this new movie is too long for a non sequel movie. I imagine Shang Chi 2 would have a long title as well. Shang-Chi and the Mystery of the Something Some Things.

They should have just called the 1st movie "Shang-Chi". Its similar to Captain America. it had extra three words, and we didn't have a big budgeted Captain America at the time, for it not to be just called "Captain America".

The title for this new movie is too long for a non sequel movie. I imagine Shang Chi 2 would have a long title as well. Shang-Chi and the Mystery of the Something Some Things.

Honestly I legitimately forgot the movie even had a subtitle until I read these posts.

I would love to see him square off against a large number of the Hand. Perhaps a way to bring Elektra back (and you know, better - Netflix DD version pretty good though).

Last edited:
I would love to see him square off against a large number of the Hand. Perhaps a way to bring Elektra back (and you know, better).
Yeah, a lot of possibilities opening up with this success. The MCU versions can hopefully be much better than the Netflix versions (although Daredevil would be extremely difficult to improve on - I’d take a bare match there :cwink: ).

What I like about the MCU movies and the character crossovers is that by the time we get to a true sequel of a certain character, it’s most likely his/her 4th or 5th appearance on screen. Like how it is with Doctor Strange. I want the same with Shang-Chi. I want his sequel to be like his 4th or 5th on screen appearance (and crossover in a few MCU movies in between)
Yeah it’s definitely something I love about the MCU. Exciting to think where he might appear.

Yeah, a lot of possibilities opening up with this success. The MCU versions can hopefully be much better than the Netflix versions (although Daredevil would be extremely difficult to improve on - I’d take a bare match there :cwink: ).

FailingLimitedBoubou-max-1mb.gif

I expect Fin Fang Foom maybe another MCU hero to assist him in the movie. The 10 Rings org will still be involved due to family ties.

I wouldn't mind Elektra as I would definitely prefer that over characters made for movies. Iirc Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings had 4...Katy, Xialing, Trevor and Wenwu. Though I'm not sure if Xialing and Wenwu eXisted in the comiXs.

I'm getting greedy and I think I want them to see if they can get Takeshi Kaneshiro or Andy Lau to be a villain or pivotal character for the sequel. Would be great if one other existing MCU character played a role, like maybe Mackie's Captain America. And probably have the climax be a smaller scale, more personal battle than combined with a big CGI battle. I don't see them going away from the fantasy route, but I don't think I want villain CGI dragons again as the "end boss".

On a side note, it's likely never going to happen but something that I deeply want is a movie where we get to see Wenwu sometime during that 10 year lull running his criminal operation and coming to blows with an Avenger.

So about FFF, don't be surprised if they don't use that name in the sequel even if the movie has Makluans. I know the names origin and the intent wasn't bad, but it's still problematic. It's a really dumb sounding name that's meant to sound as Chinese as possible. It also reminds a lot of us Asian Americans of how others would throw out "ching chong" at us insultingly.

The name "Mandarin" was already rejected, and I don't think it's anywhere as bad as FFF. They had a whole scene dedicated to it with Tony telling the story of how the world was terrified of a name named after a fruit or something like that.

Part of the name might be salvageable. Or maybe they might surprise me and use it after all. But I don't think they will and I hope that doesn't blind side and upset too many people if his name is changed.

I'd still count it. But besides them, couldn't Wong technically be considered an Avenger now since he participated in both the New York battle in Infinity War and the final battle in Endgame?

Also, even if Wong isn't an Avenger, he's still a hero of Avengers-level power scale, who operates on a global scale akin to the Avengers, and is definitely a member of a global superpower organization with scope and influence ( he's the second ranking member of Kamar-Taj ).

Frankly, I'm a little unclear about whether anyone should assume *Strange* is an Avenger, as opposed to just being a high end hero who is an ally of the Avengers as both an individual and on behalf of their organization. The Avengers don't have to be the only game in town.

I wouldn't mind Elektra as I would definitely prefer that over characters made for movies. Iirc Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings had 4...Katy, Xialing, Trevor and Wenwu. Though I'm not sure if Xialing and Wenwu eXisted in the comiXs.
Okay I looked this up and Xialing and Wenwu are amalgamation of the characters from the comiXs... but I wonder why they just didn't use those names rather creating a different name.:confused:

Should've used Fin Fang Foom in this movie.
I think they wanted to focus on developing Shang and repair the Mandarin image. I guess they could have went with Fang instead of the Dweller since Fang is probably not as known to casual fans. It would have felt like Dormammu in that I wanted a bit more of him in the movie once he was revealed. If they use Fang Foom in the sequel as a sole villain they can have more time, it is a big dragon like monster so not a lot of time but some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"