Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

that’s very very risky. Shang Chi really will underperform compared to other May releases...unless it’s a unexpected hit like the first Guardians

It will be a very big ? because it has no starpower and is a unknown character.
Which made me think, that Marvel will use a known character as start aid.
An A-List MCU character, who will be visible on every poster.
Now who could that be? I was thinking about maybe Hawkeye as Ronin, but he already is not a famous character for non-comicbook-guys.
Maybe Black Panther, since it’s already been 3 years after his last prominent appearance then (not counting Endgame)

It will be okay.

I think so too. It'll have the Marvel brand behind it, the cultural significance of being the first major comic book film with an Asian lead, and will be the film that kicks off the summer blockbuster season.

In terms of shang’s success, I was eager to see how mulan fared because I felt like that wasn’t quite hitting the interest from both sides that it should have. By that I mean it was too western for eastern audiences and too eastern for western audiences eg: no mushu.

I think it’s success depends on getting that balance just right between American superhero audience and Chinese culture

Nice! I love Ronny. He’s so funny! I could see him in a Michael Pena type role

EV3q-y0X0AEDIFr

Shang Chi set for a May 7, 2021 release date now because of this pandemic...I have to say that honestly it is a good thing

It won‘t stay that long...
They might shift again and release Eternals in May - due of pandemic reasons, because filmings won‘t be possible for months

yes I know, but Shang Chi probably won‘t in the next months, which could make it impossible to keep a release date in May.
This is why I think they release Eternals instead on the #1 spot of the year.
Also possibly releasing BW in February if it already hasn‘t been released digitally if it couldn‘t keep its November Date

It won‘t stay that long...
They might shift again and release Eternals in May - due of pandemic reasons, because filmings won‘t be possible for months

Then they might shift it to November or December for a release date

I don't know how much filming they had remaining. They could maybe lump the reshoots and the final filming into one massive shoot and get the movie done on time still. It really all depends on when the world starts back up again

Maybe some scenes, you know, will have the actors appear further away than what was initially anticipated. As long as they have 2 metres in between them should be alright. That’s the reason why they’re continuing to film Neighbours anyway.

still, tricky for a martial arts flick but they’ll probably just save that for last. Or replace it with a strongly worded email ;)

I saw this on another site and it's supposedly "plot details" about the movie. It could be fake (the source is FandomWire) but I thought I would post it. Some of the elements are interesting (and possible spoilers).

EXCLUSIVE: Shang-Chi and The Legend Of The Ten Rings Plot Details Revealed - FandomWire

-Awkafina as Fah Lo Suee in Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi

In the comics, Fah Lo Suee has been Shang-Chi’s sister, but in this new updated version of the story, Awkafina will be playing The Mandarin’s daughter, as well as a potential love interest for Shang-Chi.

The Basic Plot

Shang-Chi has a special power in this film, and because of it, he was raised in an orphanage for kids that are trained to fight. This special orphanage is run by The Mandarin. Shang-Chi eventually escapes the school/prison and begins living on the run, trying to stay out the Mandarin’s clutches his entire life.

The Mandarin does eventually find the grown-up Shang-Chi again, and offers him a chance. The Mandarin promises Shang-Chi money and power, along with a promise that he’ll finally stop chasing him if he will fight in an epic and magical tournament that every kid in the orphanage has been training for their entire lives. Whoever wins this tournament gets the legendary 10 Rings, which grants even more power, which clearly The Mandarin wants. However, The Mandarin is currently too old to fight so he enlists Shang-Chi.

The tournament will have new characters from all corners of the MCU that include wizards, aliens, fighters, and well known comic book characters which we don’t want to spoil. Imagine a Marvel-infused Mortal Kombat movie!

In this film, Shang-Chi’s special power is the ability to clone himself while fighting. This is a slightly different approach to a power he had in his more recent comics run.

While in the comics Shang-Chi can create clones of himself to do anything, in this film, Shang-Chi only projects versions of himself during fight sequences. This gives the character something special to do, but also gives the filmmakers a way to Marvel-ize fight sequences. When we asked our sources on this story, if the film has more The Raid level hand to hand sequences, or more stylized magical fighting sequences over-using this cloning effect, they informed us it has both.

One cool thing that we won’t get too much into, is that the film clearly knows that Mandarin fans are still upset and confused over Iron Man 3. Without spoiling it, they do address this issue at one point.

Basic elements seem pretty intriguing, but what do you guys think of
Shang having cloning powers
and
Fah Lo Suee being the love interest
? Also isn't Fah Lo Suee under the Sax Roehmer estate, just like Fu Manchu?

]Yeah I saw this rumors too and it sounded too great too be true.
Appearances of
Baron Mordo
Psylock
Omega Red
Whizzkid
Batroc
Knee Warriors
Skrulls
all as fighters in the tournemant
also the fight against Fing Fang Foom in the end sounds awesome - but I hope he‘s more like a dragon and does not wear pants

Sounds fake for me. I cant see a normal tournament like in dragonball can carry a whole suspense line for a disney movie.

Sounds fake for me. I cant see a normal tournament like in dragonball can carry a whole suspense line for a disney movie.
I expected them to make Shang Chi The Mandarin's son.
We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back