Iron Man Sequels Should Whiplash be brought back for IM3?

Chris B

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know the kneejerk reaction from some people will be "he can't because he's dead" but keep in mind that we never saw the explosion and Vanko could've easily have gotten out of the suit and gone to a safe distance or he deactivated the bomb in his suit which was maybe still functioning enough for him to fly off.

So since they left his fate ambiguous enough to leave open a possible return should we see Whiplash come back in IM3? Personally, I'd love it if he did and I think he could still serve the story.

They showed his body, but it hasn't been stated that he's dead or not. I'd like for him to appear in a cameo maybe (think Scarecrow in The Dark Knight), but otherwise we should get a new villain altogether.

It'd be a nice change of pace from most superhero movies that keep a villain around for one film and then kill them off by the end of it

Or Crimson Dynamo 2.0 and establish that his Father had tried to be the original C D, but was sued to hell and back by Howark Stark when he attempted to use the prototype based on their shared designs. Put another nail in that dead man's coffin! Do it, Marvel!

Or Crimson Dynamo 2.0 and establish that his Father had tried to be the original C D, but was sued to hell and back by Howark Stark when he attempted to use the prototype based on their shared designs. Put another nail in that dead man's coffin! Do it, Marvel!

Neither Ivan or Anton invented suits in the movie. that's part of what Ivan used Hammer for. Tony didn't need any of Howard's tech to create the Ironman suit other than arc reactor tech, which had been a joint Anton and Howard invention.

On topic I tend to believe Whiplash is dead. I have liked recurring villain's in the past, Mystique and Magneto come to mind. Perhaps Mandarin can be a threat for more than one film almost guaranteeing a good 3rd and 4th movie. I think if they are going to have a recurring Villian in films, it has to be the arch nemesis.

Last edited:
Unsure.

I'd rather have Mandarin/Ghost combo but Whiplash going back to Mandarin telling him he failed would also be nice.

Neither Ivan or Anton invented suits in the movie. that's part of what Ivan used Hammer for. Tony didn't need any of Howard's tech to create the Ironman suit other than arc reactor tech, which had been a joint Anton and Howard invention.

On topic I tend to believe Whiplash is dead. I have liked recurring villain's in the past, Mystique and Magneto come to mind. Perhaps Mandarin can be a threat for more than one film almost guaranteeing a good 3rd and 4th movie. I think if they are going to have a recurring Villian in films, it has to be the arch nemesis.

Actually, IM3 is the last one. ftr.:word:

No.

They got one more to do supposedly and bringing him back would take away from the next villain which will hopefully be the Mandarin.

I would have liked if Vanko and Obadiah ended up locked up. That way in the Marvel Universe there would be an actual rogues gallery. They wouldn't ever have to use the villains but I'd like knowing that out there Blonsky, Obadiah, Vanko, and Hammer are still out there and genuinely pissed off.

I would have liked if Vanko and Obadiah ended up locked up. That way in the Marvel Universe there would be an actual rogues gallery. They wouldn't ever have to use the villains but I'd like knowing that out there Blonsky, Obadiah, Vanko, and Hammer are still out there and genuinely pissed off.

:up:

Didnt he blow himself up?

I've seen IM2 twice now and i'm starting to reckon I must've missed something...

Didnt he blow himself up?

I've seen IM2 twice now and i'm starting to reckon I must've missed something...

We're made to think that but then we never actually saw him blow up, did we? Vanko wasn't suicidal or anything. Makes just as much sense that he used those explosions to try one last ditch effort to kill Tony and/or at least cause him some grief by harming people he cared about as well as using the entire thing to cover his own escape.

No! We are finished with him. Bring on the Mandarin or the Controller and thow in Madame Masque!

We're made to think that but then we never actually saw him blow up, did we? Vanko wasn't suicidal or anything. Makes just as much sense that he used those explosions to try one last ditch effort to kill Tony and/or at least cause him some grief by harming people he cared about as well as using the entire thing to cover his own escape.

Fair enough.

And my answer the question is No.

It's Mandarin time...

I agree that he probably shouldn't return. There are plenty of other villains who deserve a shot at bat.

No, he shouldn't return. IM3 should be all about Mandarin.

No, he shouldn't return. IM3 should be all about Mandarin.

Agreed, but I think Ghost would be awesome as a henchman type villain that infiltrates SI and tries to steals plans.

Ghost shoulda been the villain in IM2 instead of Whiplash. The plot was waaay too similar to the first one. Having a Big Business terrorist going after him to make him pay for all the people he's killed with his weapons over the years woulda been hella better than revenge with similarly made armors with a greedy business man on the side.

I agree that Ghost should be in IM3 as a henchman of Mandarins. But i dont think he shoulda replaced Whiplash in IM2. I thought Rourke was a great whiplash. Its just they didn't show enough of him.

Rourke coulda just as easily made a good Ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"