Simon Pegg and David Tennant are "Burke and Hare"

Watson

Ninja delivery girl
Reaction score
BD's David Harley writes in that David Tennant, star of "Dr Who", has been cast alongside Simon Pegg in Burke and Hare, as was announced by director John Landis this weekend at the Spooky Empire convention in Orlando, FL. Based on a true story, Burke And Hare is about two 19th century graverobbers who find a lucrative business providing cadavers for an Edinburgh medical school. The screenplay was penned by Piers Ashworth and Nick Moorcroft.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17658

Well, here’s a bit of news that should make literally everyone happy.
Ealing Studios is producing a new comedy about William Burke and William Hare, two 19th century grave robbers who make their living selling stealing and selling corpses for medical research. The leads have been cast, and they are flat-out delicious: Burke will be played by Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and Hare by David Tennant (the 10th Time Lord / “Doctor Who”). It will be directed by the once-legendary John Landis.
I say “once-legendary” because John Landis once gave us some absolute, undeniable classics — An American Werewolf in London, Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Trading Places, The Three Amigos (SHUTUPIT’SACLASSIC) and Kentucky Fried Movie. However, he’s been on a cold streak (Blues Brothers 2000, Beverly Hills Cop 3, The Stupids) and hasn’t made a movie in more than 10 years. One can but hope this will be a return to his once-great form.
Interestingly, the original Burke and Hare (it’s based on a true story) were actually alleged serial killers — apparently they would wait for tenants at the lodging house they lived at to become sick and then simply finish the job, then sell off the bodies. Turning that concept into a caper comedy should be a challenge, although this year’s I Sell The Dead managed it quite well.
Regardless: Pegg, Tennant, Landis. This way lies (potential) greatness.

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/pegg-tennant-in-burke-and-hare.php

These two together=:heart:

Suits me.

I really like the 1945 film called The Body Snatcher that was somewhat inspired by the Burke & Hare stuff.

Sounds like it could be pretty good. Kind of disappointed though because I would like another comedy starring Simon Pegg AND Nick Frost. Not sure who this other actor is since I don't watch Dr Who but I'll wait for the trailer.

You know Paul is coming out next year right? And we should be getting World's End after Wright finishes up with Scott Pilgrim :up:

enough with the Simon Pegg....

love his movies, but serisously, I see him becoming the next Will Ferril, and people getting sick of his schtik

I can guess who won't be seeing this film. :hehe::oldrazz:

I'll check it on on DVD....

I'm wating for the finale of the blood and ice cream trilogy....

I'll check it on on DVD....

I'm wating for the finale of the blood and ice cream trilogy....

I take it that would be the film to follow Shawn and Hot Fuzz? If so, that's also what I would like to see with Pegg in it...well besides the Star Trek sequel.

Awesome story idea, really regretting not going to that Convention from some things I heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"