The Official Paul Thread (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost)

But when it DOES come out, look for me in the credits. Stunt Sailor #4 :)

Saw the flick the other day.

Really funny film, not a constant end of laughter, but when you laugh, you'll laugh hard.
If you're a sci-fi/comic book geek, you'll dig it even more.

How? It isn't out yet.

It is in the UK, came out on Monday saw it then.

Saw the flick the other day.

Really funny film, not a constant end of laughter, but when you laugh, you'll laugh hard.
If you're a sci-fi/comic book geek, you'll dig it even more.

Its definately a movie tailored to sci-fi and comic book fans, there are a lot of great little nods in there for sci-fi movie fans especially, saying that, I saw it with a full crowd of normal people and they were all laughing all the way through, so the GA seem to love it also.

Jason Bateman was awesome in this.

"Mother ****in' titty two-ball ****e."

I think it's just a very broad-minded trailer. With the talent involved, I can see the movie being mis-marketed due to the nature of the film.

It is. The trailer made it look lame (seriously WTF is up with Universal's marketing department?), but the movie itself is gold.

It feels like the sci-fi counterpart to Hot Fuzz -- if you loved that, you'll definitely love this. Seth Rogen is perfect as the alien, in fact, I like him as the alien more than I do as a human guy.

Go see it. The trailers don't do this film justice. It's comedic gold, and that's hard to find nowadays in a sea of pure s***.

Just came back from it. It was sold out actually, and was straight hilarity. I give Pegg and Frost kudos for the script on this one, and for casting Rogen. Paul was actually a very good CG effect, he was exaggerated looking, yet plausible.

I wish our showings of Paul had been more popular... maybe it'll pick up next week if WOM is good. I mean, this is a comedic gem and one I'll be buying on DVD.

"mother ****ing tittie licking two balled *****.":woot:

The movie is surprisingly heart warming, especially with Kristin Wig's character. Love this ride from beginning to end, plus the comic nods are great, invincible t-shirt! The running gags with the three **** and the Shadowchild writer were hilarious. Paul's animation and personality is just nuts, excellent job all around.

A fine bromantic comedy.

This was just ok. This is definitely not as good as Hot Fuzz or Sean. I loved the subtle nerd reference throughout the entire film but damn it just felt lackluster and long. There was really no jokes that were laugh your ass off for minutes funny. I love religious jokes but damn this just kept pounding it in and in like a preachy Brian Family Guy episode. I was ok, I get it, move on but they kept going on and on with the crazy Bible thumper jokes. It was just ok to me. Nothing too memorable outside of a western Cantina band and it wasn't terrible either. I mean it had some good laughs but it just felt a little lackluster. The story was good and of course it gets heart warming at the end like all their movies and that gave it a little more depth that I liked. Blythe Danner is hot for an old lady.

**/4

Alright, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Danner didn't look too bad. I was starting to think I might be developing a Grandma thing.

Overall I thought it was a good movie, it didn't have me rolling with laughter, but it kept a smile on my face.

There was some stuff that was really hilarious but it wasn't consistently funny. I enjoyed it though , especially Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig but it was really juvenile compared to Fuzz/Shaun ..if that makes sense... Also they did push the religion jokes a little too much , one of the few i really liked gave the audience a collective gasp . Basically an agent is racing a bible thumper on the road trying to get to Paul and when the religious man says 'im on a mission from god' the agent shoots him and says
'go tell him you failed'... I lol'd .
Also they did good work on the cg effects for Paul . At first I wasn't happy they chose Rogen but realized it really fits the character and what they were going for.

3/5

I love this movie! However, acting wise Pegg and Frost are better in Hot Fuzz (which I saw again for first time in years hours after viewing Paul in theaters) This movie is a tad better than Hot Fuzz. While I love their characters from all three movies (Shaun, Fuzz. Paul) the supporting cast Here with alien paul make it.

I thought it was pretty good, certainly worth a watch.
Not nearly as witty & sharp as Shaun & Fuzz, but then Paul isn't made by the same team and isn't part of that would be trilogy.
(Edgar Wright wrote & directed Shaun & Fuzz, with Pegg also writing.
Paul is written by Pegg & Frost, directed by Greg Mottola)

I enjoyed the film, but I have a great Paul story.

My 2 and a half year old daughter has become obsessed with Paul. She absolutely loves him. Any time he is on the TV she becomes mesmerized. So I took her to see it Friday night. I figured she's young, most of it would go over her head and she'd just enjoy watching Paul. She's a little restless initially, but when Paul hits the screen, she becomes transfixed. She can't look away. She sits silently and watches the entire film. After the movie, I am pleased with my parenting. She enjoyed the movie and had fun.

Then, she looks up at me as the credits role and the comic-con sequence is going on and says, "****ing ****."

And being the great father I am, I cracked up.

Caught this on Friday. Not a great film, but fun and entertaining; definitely worth checking out. :up:

Ah so this is finally out in the in States, good stuff, hope it does well, I thought it was brilliant and cant wait to see it again.

it was a nice movie. i was entertained.they had a good explanation why he looked ''cliche'' .

SPielberg was great. but the homage to Indiana Jones was f.... epic.

Saw this earlier, enjoyed it a lot. A very funny, amusing and all-around entertaining film. Enjoyed the nods and references to other Sci-Fi films, I found the writing and performance to all be solid and Paul himself looked great and I thought Rogen did a great job voicing him. I'd give this movie an 8/10, I'm definitely owning it when it hits Blu-ray.

I must say I laughed pretty well consistently throughout the movie. of the 3 movies from this year, this by far my favorite. not all the jokes were fantastically funny but there were never any parts that I felt were dull.

could it be that since both main actors are English that because of that it is not more popular?

It could. I saw it yesterday and I loved it. I was surprised how much heart it had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"