• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Paul Thread (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost)

Sigourney Weaver has been set to star in “You Again” for Disney and is in talks to join the Greg Mottola-directed comedy “Paul” for Universal and Working Title. Weaver will first shoot “Paul,” a comedy about two sci-fi fans (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost) who come across an escaped alien (voiced by Seth Rogen) near Area 51 and try to help it escape. Weaver, who toplined four “Alien” films, is keeping the role she plays under wraps.
She will then star in “You Again” with Kristen Bell for director Andy Fickman. Bell will play a young woman who returns home for her brother’s wedding and is horrified to find he’s marrying her high school nemesis. Weaver will play the bride’s filthy-rich aunt.
Weaver will next star in the James Cameron-directed “Avatar” for 20th Century Fox.
She’s repped by UTA.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118004481.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Yay Sigourney!!!

The cast for this just keeps getting better and better.

Hopefully Dana Barrett is next for Sigourney Weaver

Sigourney Weaver? No way! Im so anticipated for this movie right now.

This movie keeps sounding better and better!

From some user in imdb:

Written by and starring Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Star Trek) and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The Boat that Rocked), PAUL will be directed by Greg Mottola (Superbad, Adventureland) and produced by Nira Park (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) for Working Title Films. The film will also star Jason Bateman (Juno), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up) and Kristen Wiig (Saturday Night Live).

PAUL is the story of Graham Willy (Simon Pegg) and Clive Gollings (Nick Frost), two sci-fi enthusiasts from the UK. The film follows them on a once in a lifetime trip to America, starting with a visit to San Diego Comic Con. Having enjoyed the delights of the convention, the boys set off on a trip to Area 51 for a spot of light UFO tourism. However, their trip takes a sudden and dramatic turn when the boys happen upon a crashed government vehicle containing an Alien called Paul (to be voiced by Seth Rogen). They embark upon an adventure, which sees them accidentally kidnapping a young Christian girl (Kristen Wiig) and paying a surprise visit to an old woman called Tara, who 60 years before pulled a stricken Paul from his crashed ship. Together, this mismatched band struggle to help Paul get home, all the while trying desperately to stay ahead of the tenacious government operative, Agent Lorenzo Zoil (Jason Bateman) and Ruth’s zealous, shot- gun toting, bible bashing father, Moses Behe. This is a comedy about being an alien in America, even if you're not from outer space.

The movie will film in the Santa Fe area from June until August.

****in super spoiler if true:
A certain Sci Fi Director will also make a cameo appearance (think of "phoning home" and you'll get the idea.........)

Accorfing to Greg Mottola (via Twitter) shooting started yesterday

started shooting Paul yesterday. We had rain & sandstorms ... but I was having a great time.

http://twitter.com/gregmottola/status/2058093171

I'm supposed to be working as an extra on this film but I haven't gotten called yet. arg. rand into David Koechner at a restaurant the other day though. real cool, nice guy.

Those spoilers are :up:. Jason Bateman sounds perfectly cast.

Hold on, hold on! Seth Rogen's in this too!? That guy's like sand, he get's everywhere...

Oh yeah, definitely! I'm just sayin', seems like everytime you turn around these days there he is.... :hehe:

I love those pics :up:. Neat to see them both rocking the long hair.

gonna go be an extra in a fight scene tomorrow, woot woot.

Simon Pegg & Nick Frost Answer What Is Paul?
Source: What Is Paul?
June 24, 2009

What Is Paul?, the official production blog for Paul, the new Universal road comedy written by and starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and directed by Greg Mottola (Superbad, Adventureland) went live this morning with a couple pictures and video blogs from the New Mexico set. The star-studded cast also includes Bill Hader, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Joe Lo Truglio and others. If it's anything like the site/blog for the duo's last film Hot Fuzz, one can expect a lot of updates as filming progresses.

You can check it out (and bookmark it) here.
From the CS.net mainpage.

I can't enter whatispaul.com :( (I've been trying since yesterday, but it still says "Service unavailable")

I can't enter whatispaul.com :( (I've been trying since yesterday, but it still says "Service unavailable")

Same here, has anybody (i doubt) managed to get onto it?

I think someone messed up at the site, and put online a story that was prepared waiting for the site to come online... we knew the url of tweets from the cast (me from Nick Frost)

[YT]ezhiNBHtfkQ[/YT]

EDIT: Some more

[YT]JrGN7K89[/YT]

[YT]65EH-C6x564[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member